• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Main characters and Japanese voice cast revealed

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
yea like for the old guy

they look almost different character, or the second one looks like 10 years older than first.

I expect different quality of CGs throughout the game since I don't think they will scrape the older CGs

You guys are thinking current gen. That could be in game cut scenes....which would explain the stark difference in appearance. If that truly was CG, they could have make them look like they do in those images.

Voror

But that would go against what Nomura has said about the game, that it'd focus on friendship, all the good & bad stuff that comes with having close friends.

Can't both be a factor with the friendship aspect being the more dominant one? It could just be another part of the whole story. Nomura has done games with some romance either there or at the very least implied. Sora and Kairi is one example and it's only one aspect of the series.

If you watch the beginning of the trailer White Hood is talking to a Niflheim solider, and when he turns you can see the Niflheim logo on his purple shoulder protector thing. He's obviously on their side, so it makes sense to place him next to Idola Eldercapt when they're stealing the crystal. I think it's him.

Yeah, he's the only other guy aside from Idola that's dressed differently than the other Niflheim guys in robes.

Go_Ly_Dow

Was just thinking that I doubt they will commit to any sort of release date until PS4 and Xbone install base has built up nicely.

This game probably has a massive budget and I assume it will take several million for it to break even. If Tomb Raider took 3.5mil? Then it's safe to say that this will take more.

If PS4+Xbone combined install base is 15-20million by holiday 2014, then they would need an attachment rate of around 2:1 for them to get the type of numbers they probably want to hit with this game.

Also times have changed and the AAA market seems highly saturated with a ton of appealing looking titles already announced.

Expecting Spring 2015.

Famassu

This game could easily be a system seller and have legs (so not the usual kind of frontloaded seller), so I doubt the size of the install bases is too much of concern, if it turns out as great as the trailer gives hope it will. An early, massive JRPG multiplatform release taking place in a modern world could potentially do Bethesda WRPG numbers if the reviews & marketing are there. And if they are going to put out sequels, then they might see it as an investment for the future. Doesn't necessarily matter if they can't get the absolute maximum number of sales, just that they are one of the first big RPGs around and get a hopefully loyal following for one or two sequels that won't cost as much to develop.

Noctis is Vince
Gladiolus is Drama
Ignis is E
Prompto is Turtle
Cor is Ari

Final Fantasy: Entourage

51b7a882_Final-Fantasy-XV-Cast.png

Everyone on the right of this photo looks way more interesting than the dude crew

demidar

Uh....what?

He's talking about the difference between looking complex and actually being complex. FFXIII looked complex with all the flash and the numbers and it being in real time, but turns out it's less complex than WoW because it was essentially a damage race with no strategy needed.

Esura

Banned
He's talking about the difference between looking complex and actually being complex. FFXIII looked complex with all the flash and the numbers and it being in real time, but turns out it's less complex than WoW because it was essentially a damage race with no strategy needed.

I never played WoW so I dunno how it compares but its practically false about FFXIII needing no strategy whatsoever though.

For some reason I thought his post was aimed at the post above his which is why I was confused.

demidar

I never played WoW so I dunno how it compares but its practically false about FFXIII needing no strategy whatsoever though.

For some reason I thought his post was aimed at the post above his which is why I was confused.

Well I didn't need any strategy to get through the story, I had to think a tad for bosses though. And it's not like you can grind because the crystarium was limited until you beat an area boss.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Anyways, here are almost all the comparison shots between the CGI difference of 2011 and 2013 trailer.

The 2011 version looks better in the gunpoint comparison because it has that dynamic depth going on. Other than that, the others look much better. It's colors are a lot more defined and the lighting seems to be more focused.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I don't think so...

I dunno, the cutscenes look pretty damn good on FFXIII already and this is a next generation console (that's supposed a lot better than PS3).

I'm hoping this is #TeamReal.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think the hair in those pics have more polygons than most modern games.

If this is #real then we are in #thefuture.

Zoe

I dunno, the cutscenes look pretty damn good on FFXIII already and this is a next generation console (that's supposed a lot better than PS3).

I'm hoping this is #TeamReal.
Nowhere near that good though. That looks close to Agni level, and they're not supposed to be there yet.

Exentryk

I don't think so...

Well, the lighting looks poor. This will be realtime in the same way as Agni's Philosophy tech demo. It just uses CG assets, but lightning still suffers compared to actual CGI.

At least, that's my interpretation of it anyway.

EDIT - This image below is realtime. There was also a comparison of realtime and CGI of that old summoner in AP, in some interview. Probably 4Gamer. I'll try to find it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well, the lighting looks poor. This will be realtime in the same way as Agni's Philosophy tech demo. It just uses CG assets, but lightning still suffers compared to actual CGI.

At least, that's my interpretation of it anyway.
I think they just changed the art direction for the scene is all.

jett

D-Member
lulz at these fools rerendering their CGI multiple times over. Someone in that place has to feel some sort of shame.

Top Bottom