• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
bannertest3asnr.png

adweikga.pnglargeu2ssf.png

Enroute to wed his fiancée Luna on a road trip with his best friends, Prince Noctis is advised by news reports that his homeland has been invaded and taken over under the false pretense of a peace treaty – and that he, his loved one and his father King Regis, have been slain at the hands of the enemy. To gather the strength needed to uncover the truth and reclaim his homeland, Noctis and his loyal companions must overcome a series of challenges in a spectacular open world - that is filled with larger-than-life creatures, amazing wonders, diverse cultures and treacherous foes.

The game uses an action-based real-time battle system, known as the Active Cross Battle system. Instead of using a menu interface, the player selects commands directly mapped to buttons on the controller, such as "Attack", "Defend", "Magic", and "Item." Unlike many of the older titles in the series, Final Fantasy XV's battles take place in real time out on the field. For those who want an easier, more tactical experience, the game also features an extensive Wait Mode.

pjm-cyxv.pnglargewls5k.png

noctisexsgm.png

Noctis Lucis Caelum: Heir apparent to the Lucian throne, Noctis’ trials begin when he sets forth from the crown city in order to wed the Lady Lunafreya Nox Fleuret. In combat, he wields spectral weapons which he forges from thin air, a power possessed by those of his royal line.

gladiox8s6j.jpg

Gladiolus Amicitia: The Amicitia family has long served as the shield protecting the kings of Lucis and their household, and Galdiolus is its eldest son. The bond he shares with Noctis transcends that of a bodyguard and his liege. With his prodigious strength, he stands ever ready to keep his companions from harm.

ignisyas17.png

Ignis Scientia: Ignis was raised alongside Prince Noctis to be adviser to the heir apparent. An intensive education instilled in him the resourcefulness and composure required for the role, his tactical acumen proving invaluable over the course of the prince’s journey.

promptojhs7p.png

Prompto Argentum: Fast friends with Noctis since they met as teenagers, Prompto is a young man of common birth who finds himself out of his depth when tragedy befalls Lucis. Nevertheless, he strives to carry more than his own weight, lightening his companions’ burdens as well as their spirits.

qmrobkyu.pnglargeaosz7.png

IGN 8.2

Polygon - 9/10

GameSpot - 8/10

Eurogamer

Game Informer - 8.5

Destructoid - 9

Games Radar - 4.5/5

The Verge

Video Gamer - 8/10

Gamekult.com - 6/10

jcc9qe_i.pnglarge92s3k.png

Is this game available digitally?
Yes. Pre-load is now available across both PS4 and XB1.
What languages does this game support?
The game features several audio options including English, Japanese and French. Text options range widely as well to include German, Portuguese and more.
How long is a typical playthrough?
It takes about 20 hours to beat the story if you're just running through, however, there are plenty of sidequests and things to do in the open world segment that will extend your play time.
How many difficulty levels are there?
Two. Easy and Normal difficulty modes are available.

lop8xic6.pnglargekbs41.png

Special Thanks
Graphics by brandonh83
DarkLordMalik

Wow, a second OT. Maybe I should resume playing now I finished TLG.

Or I could just wait for the patches which finish the game. It's not as if I don't have plenty of backlog while I wait.

So going for platinum trophy whats the best spot to just run around in circle to level up survival i tried hammerhead but when i cam back to the game 2 hours later i was now outside of the city which of course runs the risk of nighttime mobs killing me..

AgeEighty

Finally finished this today (had to work around the gf's schedule so she could watch me play). I would say that most of the other impressions I've read are spot on: it's a kernel of a great game, but would have been a lot better with a more fully fleshed-out story. It needs more cutscenes, maybe a lot more. It felt very short to me. But I greatly enjoyed that brilliant core that's there.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So guys, here is a video that I made last night. I talked about it in the previous OT.

This is a Level 99 hunt given in Lestallum and My party was around Level 70. I really enjoyed my time with the fight and it took me a long while, majority of the time, it was simply counter/parry because the boss was so powerful that I couldn't properly attack him without getting killed.

Final Fantasy XV Level 110 Hunt vs Level 70 Party

No spoilers in the video, but this was definitely the most enjoyable battle for me so far. I started the battle not knowing who I was fighting with, or without a proper strategy. I managed to prevail till the end though, but it required a lot of patience and sweaty palms :p

My party members didn't really help much since each of the attacks from the boss usually did enough damage that their health bars were depleted completely and I simply choose to ignore them since I had a limited stock of recovery items. So I mostly resorted to Parry/Counter and Armiger along with Armiger Chain with occasional warp strikes.

Ruff

40 hours later, just when I got over the tragic loss of Jared
Old Talcott has to tell me the story of why he died

I just couldn't anymore. My heart is torn asunder.

hamchan

I'm glad that Jared is remembered. He was the hardest working man in Eos.

Everyone save your pics of Jared, so that you can look back over him and never forget the esteemed Royal Butler of the Lucis Caelum.

So going for platinum trophy whats the best spot to just run around in circle to level up survival i tried hammerhead but when i cam back to the game 2 hours later i was now outside of the city which of course runs the risk of nighttime mobs killing me..

Got the plat yesterday and rubberbanding the control in Hammerhead is by far the best way. I guess you can try in Lestallum in an alleyway which would guarantee you don't see any encounters but it might be slower constantly bumping into walls.

Ruff

So guys, here is a video that I made last night. I talked about it in the previous OT.

This is a Level 99 hunt given in Lestallum and My party was around Level 70. I really enjoyed my time with the fight and it took me a long while, majority of the time, it was simply counter/parry because the boss was so powerful that I couldn't properly attack him without getting killed..

Lol, I was the same level as you, kill him in about 2 minutes with no struggle just abusing Iggys Overwhelm. Most broken skill in the game. The L120 boss went down just as easily :p

Got the plat yesterday and rubberbanding the control in Hammerhead is by far the best way. I guess you can try in Lestallum in an alleyway which would guarantee you don't see any encounters but it might be slower constantly bumping into walls.

what spot in hammerhead did you start it at?

I'll just say my gameplaying was annoying today. I sequence broke without knowing I sequence broke. Kept redoing the dungeon thinking I missed some key or something. Must have killed that boss 10 times judging by the fact I racked 150k exp (300k with bonus). Final time with tha boss was hilarious. It's a good think I stocked up on magic otherwise I would not have been able to escape the dungeon as my sequence breaking ended up resulting in a cutscene where that boss dies then he pops up. I couldn't directly attack, summon, or command my bros. Luckily, I plowed through it, got the item I need, and teleported out.

hamchan

I used the town in the north west, near Vesperpool, because the road through the town is pretty long, reducing the chance of running out of the town.

LotusHD

Banned
Wait, what is this skill? o_0

It's one of Ignis' techniques. I don't know about that other guy, but the weapon that seems to pair off the best with it is the Royal Arm, the Bow of the Clever. For whatever reason, the Overwhelm skill just makes you shoot a shit ton of arrows at a pretty fast rate, on top of your teammates attacking, so it's a lot of easy DPS. And if the monster is "vulnernable" when you use it? Good lord...

what spot in hammerhead did you start it at?

I use the inn and then have it rubberbanded when I come out. For whatever reason your bro's don't spawn immediately next to you if you just start running in circles immediately. They later pop up and start moving closer and closer to you. I left it there for 3 hours with no issues.
I guess in retrospect the best time to do this is when Noctis is solo towards the end of the game.

Top Bottom