• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Final Fantasy XV tech demo presentation by Tabata (Demo gameplay details added)

Corgi

Banned
Jul 18, 2014
game looks sharp. They need to improve the 'impact' of the hits though. Put some impact splash and camera shake. Is there no lock on?

Wagram

Jul 11, 2013
Frog. I thought I was getting ready to watch a Geico auto insurance commercial for the car.

Sep 11, 2007
Between Type-0 HD and XV, I think it's clear to say that the most impressive tech S-E Japan has now for current-gen is the lighting system. It looks really good, and I think it's pretty clear the experience the Visualworks staff has in lighting super impressive CG sets is paying off here big time.
I guess this is Luminous, right?

So is finished?

Toth

Jan 27, 2010
Can't wait to see some translations of what is happening with the battle system. Lots of text flying around during the fights.

Jarmel

Banned
Mar 3, 2010
I won't lie. If they make an "X-Strike" attack in-game I'd probably collapse on the floor due to sheer excitement overload.
I'm willing to bet there will be some sort of Limit Break involving all four guys just going ham on an enemy.

Yasae

Banned
Jan 1, 2009
That's some of the best ARPG combat I've seen in a long time.

I think the only thing which looked bad was the rain itself. Reminds me of KZ:SF.

Aug 30, 2014
I know that Naughty Dog cut all pre-rendered cut scenes from The Last of Us due to spatial issues with the Blu-ray format. Given the Final Fantasy series's penchant for including top-notch CG cut scenes, does anyone else think that FF XV may end up shipping on multiple Blu-ray discs?

Falk

that puzzling face
Aug 26, 2013
www.vgo-online.com
After only 3-digit numbers on the previous trailers even with an apparently high-level Noctis teleporting all over the place, seeing the Behemoth take 5k+ hits:

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Jul 26, 2014
America
I know that Naughty Dog cut all pre-rendered cut scenes from The Last of Us due to spatial issues with the Blu-ray format. Given the Final Fantasy series's penchant for including top-notch CG cut scenes, does anyone else think that FF XV may end up shipping on multiple Blu-ray discs?
They have the ability to transfer their visual works CG models to real time environments in the game and display them in real time during cut scenes. I think that because of this, the number of pre-rendered cinematics in the game will be low.

Delio

Nov 27, 2007
That's some of the best ARPG combat I've seen in a long time.

I think the only thing which looked bad was the rain itself. Reminds me of KZ:SF.
I dont really agree that it's some of the best. That felt like the weakest part of this video for me. Visuals look nice tho.

Nightengale

Jun 12, 2013
They had stuff ready, so why was all of this a no show at the Sony pre TGS conference? Square Enix want their own spotlight? Oh well, at least we are closer now to this being a real thing than ever before^^
Because either Sony or Square Enix ( most likely Sony) wanted to make a big deal out of DRAGON QUEST RETURNS TO PLAYSTATION,

They willfully ignored Square Enix games for the entire conference to throw down the gauntlet of that DQ reveal. It was clearly set up that way.

May seem strange, but DQ is still the more relevant JRPG brand in Japan and DQ has been away from Playstation for a decade.

Oct 20, 2011
California
www.twitch.tv
That.. that was gameplay. That was actual, real gameplay. I cannot believe it. This is the first fucking piece of honest to god gameplay that wasn't in a trailer we've ever seen of this game. I can't even explain how excited and hyped this is making me. And it's beautiful! The animations, the lighting, the character models. It's honestly the best looking game I've ever seen. Fuck HD towns, that was an HD city! With a day/night cycle and weather system. Holy fuck I am freaking out a bit I've been waiting so long to see this game in action and it's literally everything I could ever hope for.

I need to go lie down.

Damerman

Jun 15, 2013
New Jersey
It sounded like there is a button dedicated to dodging.
you mean the dodge roll? because the way he dodges the goblins is more like a sidestep reaction command that you could do to the dusk in kh2.

on the other hand, noctis did an outright dodge roll to evade the behemoths attack.

Shin-Ra

Oct 10, 2013
I like how the raindrops look like they're disturbing the existing puddle surface instead of adding extra layers on top which all clip through each other.

FlashbladeGAF

Sep 11, 2006
I won't lie. If they make an "X-Strike" attack in-game I'd probably collapse on the floor due to sheer excitement overload.
to this day it surprises me more RPGS don't have something as simple as party members attacking together "with style"

HeelPower

Mar 12, 2013
It looks better than TW3's combat.

I don't know what people are talking about.Combat seems remarkable.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Nov 14, 2012
Walnut, CA
Ignis was driving in the trailer but you can do it yourself, or you can leave it on auto, so Noctis' friends will drive it for you.
That's awesome.

Hyunashi

Jun 7, 2013
Square needa get this **** out ASAP!
Cant wait to play the demo when it becomes available my god.