• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV tech demo presentation by Tabata (Demo gameplay details added)

Shin-Ra

Couldn't see properly because

iSfNsvdxl8h8T.png
iYr58EVh5Pmtc.gif

this Flash prompt was unresponsive.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
From the synopsis it sounds like combat was faster in the demo than in the trailer or were they referring to car speed?

Stark

Banned
Weather system looked so good.

And ah E3 2013 area looks even better. Warping seems just as fast too.

I suspected as much, Demo is going to be released either same day or very near it.

HeelPower

you rotate the camera and wherever you spot a blue lock-on you can warp there.

Even to the top of a skyscraper at once in the demo there was a blue marker.

Impressive scale, realtime weather,clothes get realistically wet.

Combat very deliberate and less mashy than before, almost souls-eque.(but faster still probably)

this came out of nowhere! most excited about regular updates with footage of the game being PLAYED

that ignis fire move made my jaw drop...

yencid

I was able to watch from the very begining and the first part was close ups of all the characters. Even in the bad quality stream you could see they were damn impressive.

Voror

I recorded 6 minutes of it from the stream, since I don't want any trouble with the video up on my YouTube channel, here's the download link to my recording of the stream:

https://mega.co.nz/#!3NxU1aiI!c9iT1JhtkYuWGxkwbl5MV2mCZ0qNouEyzjeOd5_JFcs

(18 mb)

GO GO GO

Much appreciated.

Hmm, frog. Seemed like maybe a developer version with the zooms on each member.
Not sure if the bit of Ignis doing the fire daggers was one of those little moments you can trigger with party members or if it was an example of switching to play as him for a moment.

Details on the demo sound good and hopefully they'll be able to narrow down the release to as close to when Type-0 comes out as possible.

I recorded 6 minutes of it from the stream, since I don't want any trouble with the video up on my YouTube channel, here's the download link to my recording of the stream:

https://mega.co.nz/#!3NxU1aiI!c9iT1JhtkYuWGxkwbl5MV2mCZ0qNouEyzjeOd5_JFcs

(18 mb)

GO GO GO
The enemy AI actually tried to attack you regulary; The ally AI was actually useful and seem to have setups for attacks that, if recognized by the player, activates some type of duel attack; mostly fluid looking combat and doges... Is it happening?

C.Dark.DN

Banned

duckroll

Between Type-0 HD and XV, I think it's clear to say that the most impressive tech S-E Japan has now for current-gen is the lighting system. It looks really good, and I think it's pretty clear the experience the Visualworks staff has in lighting super impressive CG sets is paying off here big time.

HeelPower

The cute little frog probably means random animals will be in the game.

Can't wait to see the wildlife and vegetation here...

Details up the wazoo.

Anteater

Looks visually impressive, and the teleport thing is cool. Enemies animate nicely but I'm not sold on the combat yet until they show more. Character movement outside of slashes is much smoother than I thought though.

benzy

Between Type-0 HD and XV, I think it's clear to say that the most impressive tech S-E Japan has now for current-gen is the lighting system. It looks really good, and I think it's pretty clear the experience the Visualworks staff has in lighting super impressive CG sets is paying off here big time.

Yeah, even the in-game gameplay models look CG thanks to the lighting and shaders. Incredible.

ibmhRixr94zoai.gif

Top Bottom