• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV tech demo presentation by Tabata (Demo gameplay details added)

Philippo

Verendus's notes turns out to be pure speculation after all, because he was wrong on certain points.

I know i know, it's just that when i found "shit this is different than what Verendus wrote" i wanted to understand the differences, but can't find/understand shit since we're all basically doing the same discussions in every FFXV thread :/

Dark_castle

I know i know, it's just that when i found "shit this is different than what Verendus wrote" i wanted to understand the differences, but can't find/understand shit since we're all basically doing the same discussions in every FFXV thread :/

Yeah, I'm so tired of the male/female party members discussion in the other threads.

Basically, what Verendus said should all be taken as pinch of salt. Not even sure why the notes are still in OP.

Philippo

Yeah, I'm so tired of the male/female party members discussion in the other threads.

Basically, what Verendus said should all be taken as pinch of salt. Not even sure why the notes are still in OP.

I got that, but reding them it seems pretty the same as what Tabata said in Famitsu's interview, or am i missing something?

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
So with everything we have heard and seen so far then the state of Squares' Luminous engine is in a healthy beneficial state for the company for future versions, yes? Doesn't seem all that doom and gloom from when the technical director left a while back from the engine crew.

Philippo

So with everything we have heard and seen so far then the state of Squares' Luminous engine is in a healthy beneficial state for the company for future versions, yes? Doesn't seem all that doom and gloom from when the technical director left a while back from the engine crew.

Didn't he leave for personal reasons?
But yeah, looks like the engine is finally going great.
As of know, it's being used by FFXV, KHIII, most definitely FFXVI, and if Verendus is right i guess FFVIIR too. Doesn't sound bad to me.

edit: douple post sorry :/

ec0ec0

Also, im starting to get exhausted because in the last 5 days i've only posted in FFXV threads, haven't even looked the others lol.

this is my biggest problem with it by far. Most of my time on GAF, i am reading, not posting. Lately, i have been jumping from one big FF XV thread to the other, all day. Like if GAF was a final fantasy forum. Not only reading part of those threads but also, obviouly, reading/watching the articles/videos that those threads were created for.

Still, looking at my post history from the recent days... my posts are all from FF XV threads xD

Dark_castle

So what Verendus said is based on a experience he had, or just speculation?
His gameplay impressions seems pretty solid.

Speculation. Reported that only Noctis is playable in demo, but everyone else are available to be used in full game, which has been said to not be the case.

Nonetheless, I really really hope this was a mistranslation/misunderstanding, and everyone is playable after all in the final build.

Koozek

I think it's misunderstanding and they mean "only one character controllable at the same time" and the rest is AI. Doesn't mean that you can't switch chars.

this is my biggest problem with it by far. Most of my time on GAF, i am reading, not posting. Lately, i have been jumping from one big FF XV thread to the other, all day. Like if GAF was a final fantasy forum. Not only reading part of those threads but also, obviouly, reading/watching the articles/videos that those threads were created for.

Still, looking at my post history from the recent days... my posts are all from FF XV threads xD
Same here. Which is okay with me considering most FF forums seem less active than one FF GAF thread

Kssio_Aug

I am pratically only reading about Final Fantasy the last couple days also! lol
About the release date, is it expected to be released on 2015 at Japan at least? I hope so, can't wait for this game (and then Kingdom Hearts hype all the way).

Kikujiro

Verendus has some insider info, but I don't think he knows every S-E plan, he himself said not to take everything he wrote as a sure thing.

Kssio_Aug

verendus said no more than 13 or 14 months from now.

Yeah. You can trust Verendus.

Yeah, an insider.

you just trust him, thats how it works xD

edit: but i dont know the answer to "who exactly is him?" No idea.

How do you trust Verendus when he's flat out wrong on some of the key battle system features?

Because it probably wasn't final when he got his info?

Verendus has some insider info, but I don't think he knows every S-E plan, he himself said not to take everything he wrote as a sure thing.

I see, so I guess I can trust his word somehow, but cautiously.
Now, I need to look at what exactly he said (quoted on the OP) that was contradicted later, will search for it later. Edit: Nvm, I just saw the last page.

Mortemis

Banned
How do you trust Verendus when he's flat out wrong on some of the key battle system features?

He straight up says that his notes are from an earlier time and things changing match up with what we've heard about the game going through tons of changes. He only claims that the battle system was like that at one point, not that it's still like that.

Insiders don't know everything.

ec0ec0

My information is dated, and who knows what they've done since then, or will end up doing in the future.

we cant know.

edit:

I see, so I guess I can trust his word somehow, but cautiously.

After verendus wrote those "notes of the demo", duckroll put those in the OP. That showed you that they already had some reasons to trust him, something at least.

hesido

I always adore how Japanese developer's tackle graphics. They have a different mindset and solve problems in different ways, and it shows here.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Maybe the car needs to be more fantastical, I mean it is called Final FANTASY. Something like this...

DNIxr8r.jpg

...but maybe a with more belts and zippers

Brannon

Maybe the car will transform, as a metaphor for your transformation during the long journey ahead.

Oh yeah, I'm so deep.

In fact, I'm calling it. The car will definitely look different in the end.

Top Bottom