• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer | Lord Nomura giveth us His only Son so we may live

Mr. RPG

I'm curious, does anyone here think this game could end up being one of their favorite Final Fantasy games? Does the setting, characters, etc. from what we know interest you enough? If you do, let me know your favorite Final Fantasy game as well.

Eidan

LOL

FF... the game where your supposed to explore one small town

...instead of the freaking planet

"I just can't get over the inconsistencies in the game's world! I mean, in one second you're in a place that is technologically advanced. And then you're not! At one point you're in a place where everyone is rich! Then you're in a place where people are poor! Why can't the designers make up their mind?"

kurahador

I don't understand why road trip supposed to be a problem when most FF games the good ones especially was basically revolves around it.

Intro/Exposition > Conflict starts > Road trip
Duh...

Dark_castle

WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED WHAT DID I JUST WATCH

WHERE AM I

WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE

WHABABDAbaiHQI3RY372RY2RY

i_hug_that_feel.png

Derp

I'm curious, does anyone here think this game could end up being one of their favorite Final Fantasy games? Does the setting, characters, etc. from what we know interest you enough? If you do, let me know your favorite Final Fantasy game as well.
I never liked any Final Fantasy games except for Dissidia, because I hate turn-based RPGs with a passion. This is why this game is so exciting for me.

Xux

I love the modern fantasy setting. Something about a kickass warrior king in a suit really appeals to me.

TokiDoki

Noctis is emo like Cloud/Squall

Haha no , Sasuke(Noctis) was already mentioned as a non emo dude . Hearing his conversations in the trailer indicated that too .

Imo his design is great especially in the suit .

Ishida

Banned

Me! I've loved everything I've seen so far, the open world, the combat system, and the whole "roadtrip with friends" story just seems incredible interesting for me. Add the beautiful OST by Yoko Shimomura, and this could become one of my favorite JRPG's ever. Hell, it may become one of my favorite games overall.

Favorite FF: FFVII.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm sure the story will just be: prince running away with best buds to go see a girl in the middle of the war, probably conflicts about the war throughout the adventures.

And possibly a twist of one of the friends being a mole from the other country to keep tabs on the prince.

I'm sure we'll fight God at some point or another. Like the crystals summon a being of immense power, hence the initial invasion. That said if a good chunk of the game is the bros trying to rescue Stella, I'll be very happy.

I actually expect one of the bros to get killed and replaced by Stella into your party.

CrisKre

That looked a little weird. It had potential, but there where what seemed to be hit detection problems and a bit of stiffness.

What is the scope of this? Is It gonna be similar to Xenoblade where you can go anywhere? Or are the areas contained (driving by car, for example, to different "pockets")

Mortemis

Banned
2011 gameplay had mid battle teleport and lots of dancing, but used an older pre-canned animation system that looked really wonky, with characters sliding around during boss fights with big baddies. Pretty much no interaction between the party members.

2013 was a totally over the top spectacle, yes, but simultaneously really really out of control. It was like watching Final Form Sora all the freaking time. So many attack whiffs, awkward angles when teleporting (giant sword enemy fights), bad animation transitions, etc. Noctis's hit reaction to getting clawed by the behemoth the second time was absolutely shockingly bad. Party member interaction was a nice addition.

This is the most fluid the combat has ever been. Everything looks really tight and responsive, yet still takes the time to carry weight and inertia, while being pleasing to the eye. You also seemingly have more offensive and defensive moves at your disposal. Plus, the party might be low level in this trailer. It may be a little understated right now, but that is not a bad thing.

Seriously. It's like people are expecting Noctis to be drive form Sora all the time. It does look slow but it's still fine. We've only seen them fighting what looks to be this games heartless and a couple animals in the wild too, it'll probably get pretty crazy later on.

Styles

Honestly would have preferred it if they rode on vehicles similar to the ones in Desitny. That car just looks totally out of place.

TnK

Right. The stuff in the 2013 E3 reveal trailer didn't have the aliasing this one does.
That's reassuring. Here is hoping the game ends up good then. For some reason, I am not having high hopes.
This could potentially be bad, but time will tell for that.

JoJoSono

Banned

Probably not. I doubt the action combat if it really is drawing from KH will be as rewarding as previous games.

Skilletor

Yup.

Favorite FFs are 7, 10, 12, and FFT.

I couldn't choose an order for you, though.

Game has some of my favorite designs ever in an FF. The setting looks fantastic and diverse. The music will be done by my favorite composer of ALL TIME. Don't know enough about the gameplay yet, but I like what I see. Hype.

R-User!

No way will they release the western version in December.

Kagari, when did they announce or when was it discovered that Tabata had taken over for Nomura for directing duties?

I've forgotten if this was that shake-up where they reorganized their teams or something to that affect...

Edit my edit to remove my edit...

Eidan

Depends largely on how the combat and world building goes. If they create a place I enjoy (and actually can) explore, it could top XII.

Mr. RPG

I really hope this game delivers for you guys then.

I think in the end, this game will be a lot better than XIII, however that isn't saying much..

I'm sure we'll fight God at some point or another. Like the crystals summon a being of immense power, hence the initial invasion. That said if a good chunk of the game is the bros trying to rescue Stella, I'll be very happy.

I actually expect one of the bros to get killed and replaced by Stella into your party.

As long as he has a dramatic death in a self-sacrifice fashion as scenes of their friendship flashes throughout the screen with a really sad violin song, I'm ok with this.

I want to cry for my dead bro.

Bro bro, fight the power.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I honestly think Square Enix have surpassed the target render with this game. The messed up big time with FFXIII though.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Kagari, when did they announce or when was it discovered that Tabata had taken over for Nomura for directing duties?

I've forgotten if this was that shake-up where they reorganized their teams or something to that affect...

They announced it today. Tabata was originally brought on as co-director last year.

B.K.

Does the setting, characters, etc. from what we know interest you enough?

I don't think it will match up to the older Final Fantasy games. At this point, I'm expecting it to be a pretty big disappointment, but I've said since 2006 that I thought the setting and characters looked a lot more interesting than any of the other Fabula Nova Crystalis games.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
well, the Japanese media likes of Famtisu are saying

"Also, today they revealed the official trailer of the demo worldwide."

Hm. I see. I think the potential of this game is really good based on what i saw today.

It is sub 1080p though...the aliasing is literally all over the place. if they cant up the res,atleast put in some good SMAA TX2 on there

I don't....I've watched it 3 times already. I'm hype. I spent the last 2 hours at work trying to watch it on my phone with crappy 3G service and..no..I waited until I got home. and I watched it.

I'm 100% okay with this being "A bunch of guys doing X" kind of game; a simple plot with interested characters and locales would be great and bring FF back to its roots.

My hype level has hit critical mass.

Eidan

Hope the whole game is about the bros journey to reach Stella.. its simple and yet poetic as hell.

The entire game being some kind of damsel in distress rescue? No danke. I hope Stella actually is a strong female protagonist with real agency in her storyline. Hell, I hope she's playable.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So, is everyone hyped beyond comprehension, or are there some that are a bit skeptical?

1. Hyped

2. Cautiously optimistic

3. Unimpressed

The flavor of the day. I've seen more people of 1 and 2 than 3

Top Bottom