• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Universe TGS 2017 Trailer

tumblr_owm7hlzCMg1vh691no1_540.gif

tumblr_owm7hlzCMg1vh691no2_540.gif

tumblr_owm7hlzCMg1vh691no3_540.gif
I don't care who you are you can't not laugh at this lmao and I enjoyed the damn story

Well done

Tyaren

I hope that...
1) ...these scenes will be implemented in the actual game and not again as some side content that you select from the game main menu.
2) ...these scenes will be implemented in a narration-wise coherent and fluent way. Please not again randomely thrown in like the Kingsglaive scenes.
3) ...these scenes will be of an adequate production quality. Some scenes in DLC content or the revised 13th chapter were of really poor quality.

If they can't manage that, the game would be probably better off without them.

LordKasual

Banned
I hope that...
1) ...these scenes will be actually implemented in the actual game and again some side content that you select from the game main menu.
2) ...these scenes will be implemented in a narration-wise coherent and fluent way. Please not again randomely thrown in like the Kingsglaive scenes.
3) ...these scenes will be of an adequate production quality. Some scenes in DLC content or the revised 13th chapter were of really poor quality.

FFXV seems to be sort of bad when it comes to cutscenes, or the quality of them is extremely shaky.

Like, the Episode Duscae cutscenes were amazing, full of nuance. Many of the in-game cutscenes in the final game weren't very close to that quality. The cutscene with Ravus in the updated Ch.13 content was amazing. Most of the minor ones not so much. Ideally, these would be implemented as actual cutscenes into the flow of the game. But I wouldn't be surprised if they were something less. It at least looks like we'll be seeing how Shiva got rekt by the empire

The good news though is that FFXV is mostly just a cutscene dry game. Throwing a few extra in-engine cutscenes inbetween missions and chapters would do wonders for the game's narrative, especially ones showing exactly what Ravus and Luna were doing for the majority of the early chapters.

Socivol

If I'm totally honest I don't really care that much about what happened with Shiva
when Niflheim attacked her physical form
and Gentiana is unfortunately an uninteresting character too. These new cutscenes are nice and all, but I fear they'll feel disjointed and shoe-horned in unorganically like the Kingsglaive or Omen scenes, lol. Of course I hope they prove me wrong!

Well since they were probably originally supposed to be in the game we will have to see. It's obvious that a lot of Luna and Gentiana's stories were cut. Especially Gentiana since Roberto Ferrari told us that she had a much larger story to play in the original game.

This game continues to be a beautiful mess and I love it.

More free updates are welcome, but don't focus too much on Luna and Gentiana. Although I would love to have Luna do more, she just doesn't have a big role in the story at all. Same goes for Gentiana.

Telling the story about Shiva is nice, but not necessary in my opinion. I'd rather hear more about Ardyn and Ifrit.

Looking forward to episode Ignis. Episode Prompto was a fantastic addition and actually filled a relevant gap in the story.

Koozek

I hope that...
1) ...these scenes will be actually implemented in the actual game and again some side content that you select from the game main menu.
Watch them do it through the title screen with the Luna and Astral scenes as "Tales of the Astrals" and "Oracle's Plight" or something like that, lol.

Oh, and what poor-quality scenes do you mean because I honestly thought that most of the story cutscenes in the DLCs actually looked good, even some of the AC Festival ones?

Yeah aside from Episode Ignis and the Multiplayer Expansion, everything in that trailer was old content aside from the 2 second flash of "new" footage lol. Episode Ignis looks like where the stuffed all the additional scenes fleshing out that one dudes character that hes with in that trailer.

Cant decide if I should wait to play through the game again for the PC version or just play the PS4 version again. Does anyone know if all the additional DLC will be included with the PC version?
DLC is included in the PC version, yeah.

Meowster

Episode Prompto is the standard the rest of the updated content and DLC should meet or surpass. I seriously loved everything about that segment. Strong and focused cutscenes, character development for Prompto, great music and fantastic visuals. Pleaaaaase.

daveo42

Banned
I might have to replay XV at some point depending on the scale of these changes and if they are implemented in the main story or not.

TheCed

Episode Prompto is the standard the rest of the updated content and DLC should meet or surpass. I seriously loved everything about that segment. Strong and focused cutscenes, character development for Prompto, great music and fantastic visuals. Pleaaaaase.

Final boss of that DLC was meh.

Cool Music
Cool visual
Gameplay was meh.
I have a little problem with a so called God Killer being destroyed by a machine gun

Meowster

Final boss of that DLC was meh.

Cool Music
Cool visual
Gameplay was meh.
I have a little problem with a so called God Killer being destroyed by a machine gun
I suppose you are right.

there is a reason I didn't mention gameplay/combat hehe but that's the least of what I'm wanting from the dlc which is why I hated Episode Gladiolus

TheCed

I suppose you are right.

there is a reason I didn't mention gameplay/combat hehe but that's the least of what I'm wanting from the dlc which is why I hated Episode Gladiolus

Fair enough
I also agree with you that the content delivered within this DLC was very good if we forget the Final Boss.

Keym

Watch them do it through the title screen with the Luna and Astral scenes as "Tales of the Astrals" and "Oracle's Plight" or something like that, lol.

Don't do this to me, Tabata. Don't you dare!
This is 100% what I expect will happen.

theofficefan99

I watched the cutscene with
Verstael
and it was honestly dumb as hell.

BTA

Oh, did Verse 2 actually include the Ravus stuff?

I loved 15 so I'm totally down for more, but haven't gotten around to that/postgame/DLC yet.

I just hope that those story updates won't be as bad as the Chapter 13 Verse 2 one.

I don't get the hate for C13 V2, I thought it was pretty good. Only thing I didn't like about C13 anyway was that it was maybe 15min too long.

I honestly dont think these story updates will be playable, just cutscenes. God I hope they add last scenes of Omen trailer (https://youtu.be/SZymd6r4wGg?t=218) -> Starting sequence and later on Dawn somewhere. Maybe replace that random omen trailer when he is sleeping and instead dream of his father https://youtu.be/FXMJTGna_xA?t=59 and something else leading up to that scene. Its just insane those scenes are left out of the game as it's clear Regis knew what is going to happend.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Now I kind of wish someone could abridge XV.

Will try and major spoilers:

Supposed to be a bachelor party but apparently the Empire got in the way so you have to collect your dead ancestors' weapons and blessings from the gods, eventually you find out your bride gets murdered by the chancellor so you have to go to the empire to get back your Crystal while the world is starting to get destroyed, only you find out the empire is destroyed and you were tricked by the chancellor, have to hibernate for 10 years to get stronger, go back to your old city and kill the villain and die. The end.

Runner67

Im feeling good about these story updates. Usually they dont make a big deal about the content they add but hopefully the ATR they do on saturday can clarify some things.

Like, does this include new playable sections? Are we going to get flashbacks of the Shiva stuff when we actually
see her corpse before Gralea? Will that be a new playable area? Same with Tenebrae?
Are these specifically just new story filled cutscenes?

Either or, I'm totally happy with getting something. The more they add, the more this game feels complete to me, which is a great thing. For all the flack they get, be happy are even doing this.

Koozek

Supposed to be a bachelor party but apparently the Empire got in the way so you have to collect your dead ancestors' weapons and blessings from the gods, eventually you find out your bride gets murdered by the chancellor so you have to go to the empire to get back your Crystal while the world is starting to get destroyed, only you find out the empire is destroyed and you were tricked by the chancellor, have to hibernate for 10 years to get stronger, go back to your old city and kill the villain and die. The end.
Actually pretty on-point :D

TheCed

I don't get the hate for C13 V2, I thought it was pretty good. Only thing I didn't like about C13 anyway was that it was maybe 15min too long.

What I hate about it is that It was teased as a big thing about Ravus when it wasn't.
We don't know what happened to make Ravus get into this situation, he's just there.
I felt like it didn't bring anything new to the story and felt like a "Buy Gladio DLC for MOAR Gladio"

Philippo

I hope that...
1) ...these scenes will be implemented in the actual game and not again as some side content that you select from the game main menu.

FFXV seems to be sort of bad when it comes to cutscenes, or the quality of them is extremely shaky.

Like, the Episode Duscae cutscenes were amazing, full of nuance. Many of the in-game cutscenes in the final game weren't very close to that quality. The cutscene with Ravus in the updated Ch.13 content was amazing. Most of the minor ones not so much. Ideally, these would be implemented as actual cutscenes into the flow of the game. But I wouldn't be surprised if they were something less. It at least looks like we'll be seeing how Shiva got rekt by the empire

The good news though is that FFXV is mostly just a cutscene dry game. Throwing a few extra in-engine cutscenes inbetween missions and chapters would do wonders for the game's narrative, especially ones showing exactly what Ravus and Luna were doing for the majority of the early chapters.

Can you believe the game originally had Jun fucking Akiyama as event and cutscenes director?
Way bigger loss than Nomura imho

I hope that...

Me too. I even wanted DLCs to be part of main game and not as extras. They said they will add PLATINUM gameplay after they remove the demo from the store but they didn't. I really want to replay it with PS4 Pro graphics.

wmlk

It still gets me that Gentiana had always looked interesting since 2013, and then we finally get her and she's a nothing character.

And to top it off, they give her a fake, weird ass accent for her English voice that no one else in the game has.

Ralemont

not me
It still gets me that Gentiana had always looked interesting since 2013, and then we finally get her and she's a nothing character.

Nah disagree. Liked the mystery of her character and I think it had a good story payoff on the train.

Don't know if it's overall a minority opinion or not, but I was actually really impressed that the added cutscenes to C13 V2 managed to plug about five plot holes over the span of two minutes.

Sure it was ham-fisted and there should've been in there the first time around, but it served its purpose extremely efficiently.

Nohar

I wish they would just give up and move on to the next project already, and manage that one better.

Seriously, Square-Enix gave us 3 main games for FFXIII (that most of us didn't want in the first place), botched FFXIV so badly that they had to remake the whole game almost from scratch, and now we have updates for a game that the team itself admitted was plagued with plot holes, and story segments are hidden behind DLCs. They should have delivered the game complete, not like this.

Square-Enix, get your shit together.

jennetics

Nicely done :)

Socivol

And to top it off, they give her a fake, weird ass accent for her English voice that no one else in the game has.
She and Ardyn were the best designed characters shown in the 2013 trailer and I really wanted to see what she was about and wonder why they didn't show her....super disappointed with how she turned out. Her original outfit also looked way better than what we got.

wmlk

She and Ardyn were the best designed characters shown in the 2013 trailer and I really wanted to see what she was about and wonder why they didn't show her....super disappointed with how she turned out. Her original outfit also looked way better than what we got.

What was her original outfit again?

Turin

Banned

Well shit. lol

Still, there'd be plenty of material for a parody dub.

Not really that relevant to me, as I'm talking more about UI and gameplay loop improvements, like the hunt capacity stuff that I've been criticizing since release :D Glad they changed it, but I hope it's not half-baked where you still have to go back to the tipster after a certain amount of hunts instead of just selecting other ones from the quest log menu after having talked to the tipster once.

I am going to assume you need to go back to the tipster in order to turn in the quests.

As for how many you'll be able to take at once...I guess we will see...

Bestiary is good although hindered by a janky and slow UI.

Chapter Select shouldn't show available chapter names/synopsis until after you select a save file to avoid spoilers, but otherwise it's good.

Honestly, two of the best and most sorely needed additions to the game since launch, even if they're a bit sloppy.

Playing FFXII right now...makes me appreciate XV's Bestiary that much more.

I think you have to have a clear save to even access Chapter Select. Or is that not the case?

Top Bottom