• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Universe TGS 2017 Trailer

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7FLSI2o9rE

Highlights:

- An Episode Ignis scene starring Ignis and
Ravus
- Free additional story content, hinting cutscenes/background stories on:
  • Ifrit
  • Shiva
  • Luna and Gentiana

I wish I had just waited for the PC version. This is going to be amazing with the content ready for them day one + extensive modding support.

chefbags

I wish I had just waited for the PC version. This is going to be amazing with the content ready for them day one + extensive modding support.

Yep. Literally saving up now to build a pc for this game. Cause I know that mod support is going to be cray and all the new stuff added will make this game last plus the multi-player part too.

I only just beat FFXV last night despite having it since launch so there's a lot I may have forgotten and wouldn't mind experiencing it again with more content/context.

Yep. Literally saving up now to build a pc for this game. Cause I know that mod support is going to be cray and all the new stuff added will make this game last plus the multi-player part too.

Good call. A lot of people across several modding Discords I'm in are already brainstorming what they can do with XV. I wonder if modders will have access to the multiplayer scripting because I think the main story campaign being adapted for online co-op is inevitable. It's just a matter of how easy they make it for us.

Well I'm super excited! The Ignis and
Ravus
interaction filled me with hype, can't wait for the Windows Edition, and I'm super stoked about more Luna stuff!

Now to slinker away...

wmlk

I thought Tabata confirmed that Ardyn won't be a DLC but something else (new game, comic, movie, etc.)?
I think Ardyn's already tied heavily to the events of the game as is, so I'm sure indirectly there's going to be more scenes with him, even if it's not an actual focus.

RRockman

Banned
Well I'm super excited! The Ignis and
Ravus
interaction filled me with hype, can't wait for the Windows Edition, and I'm super stoked about more Luna stuff!

Now to slinker away...

Oh no, Alex. I have some rope with your name on it. If we gotta suffer, you do too. >:D

Good call. A lot of people across several modding Discords I'm in are already brainstorming what they can do with XV. I wonder if modders will have access to the multiplayer scripting because I think the main story campaign being adapted for online co-op is inevitable. It's just a matter of how easy they make it for us.

Do you think moders will be able to mod the dlc playstles? I'm asking cause if someone could put in character switching and have them play like that in the main game I would actually double dip.

I think Ardyn's already tied heavily to the events of the game as is, so I'm sure indirectly there's going to be more scenes with him, even if it's not an actual focus.
I don't know, I'm still confused by his whole deal and "do you know where I got Izunia from muahaahhaha?". I've watched some fan speculations and I'm sure there's written info in his bios from official sources, but it's poorly displayed and developed in the actual game.

I mean I JUST played from chapter 9 on in the span of the last 3-4 days (with lots of monster hunting and royal arms finding) and I was hoping for something to happen.

Also, the game using chapter load screens to detail important bits of story you won't be seeing or playing is just lazy. I get it because of the history of its production but I expected the good stuff at the end would be spared, justifying the need to cut the middle chunks out.

Edit: sorry. As with my recent comments in the OT, I keep ranting which makes it seem like I was down on the game overall but I really liked the game but obviously not blind to the faults.

I hope they do another generous discount on the digital premium edition soon. The last time it was on sale it was cheaper than getting the regular game normally. Next time it'll be a total no-brainer for me to swap my physical copy for the digital edition. I'm excited since I haven't got to play any of the DLC yet; Comrades looks pretty fun too.

Oh no, Alex. I have some rope with your name on it. If we gotta suffer, you do too. >:D

Do you think moders will be able to mod the dlc playstles? I'm asking cause if someone could put in character switching and have them play like that in the main game I would actually double dip.

I'd imagine it's achievable as long as there's custom script support. Just a matter of recalling the alternate characters and switching them out again for cutscenes or important gameplay moments. Implementation would be a bit messy with the NPC banter though.

Easiest way for them to make money is release good skins. Not noodle cup hats ffs.

I mean like past FF character skins.

I'd be monster hunting as Squall with Gladio-Irvine, Prompto-Zell, and Ignis-Quistis (male genderswap)

Toth

Totally called Ignis and
Ravus
working together in the Episode :)

It will
probably better explain Ravus turned his back on the Empire and sided with Noctis , though I suspect seeing his sister killed by Ardyn would be a major factor

Yes to more Ifrit, Shiva, Luna, and Gentiana!!!

SOLDIER

I'm fine with more content, but more than anything I just want them to fix the existing issues.

Have they commented AT ALL about the X button problem? How hard is it to remap the talk button to something else?

I'm also hoping they continue to patch the Pro version. Surely they can do a little more work for the resolution and framerate?

BadWolf

Love this game so damn much. All the side content such as the movie and anime are great too.

Can't wait to replay it when the PC version hits.

AsakuraZ

With the additional DLC content and the multiplayer expansion coming out, it looks like I'll never get rid of XV, which is fine. I thoroughly enjoyed Episode Prompto and excited to see what Ignis's episode has in store.

sonto340

I just started a second playthrough on the PS4 version after finishing on the Xbox originally.

Can’t wait for playthrough number 3 on the PC

AcrobaticAdmirableDore.gif

More Luna. <3

SephLuis

The word "Remake" has an actual meaning, which is not in use in this post. Let's not remove meanings from too many words without good reason. <3

You're taking things too seriously, but it's still a fact that this game changed completely from those updates (and even more are on the way). I frankly cannot remember such a drastic change just from updates in a single title (that it isn't a MMO game).

Top Bottom