• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Update 1.15 out (Bestiary, Chapter Select, Assassin's Festival DLC)

Koozek

FFXV Update 1.15 is out (4.01GB). Adds:
  • Bestiary (monsters you've already killed before the update are filled in; apparently adds lore that for example clears up Ardyn's backstory and stuff about the Astrals etc. [Update: Ardyn and summon lore screens (spoilers obviously)])
  • Chapter Select
  • Assassin's Robe for Noctis (unlocked by getting the Dream Egg in the Chocobo Carnival event that is open until end of September; how to get the Dream Egg)
  • Assassin's Festival (Assasin's Creed collaboration event; ~3 hours; unlocks tomorrow on August 31st).
Source: https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/902724916151070722

Be careful not to overwrite your most recent save game while you're in another chapter through the chapter selection since even though you can bring your level and items with you to another chapter it resets every sidequest you did though when you load another chapter!!!

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIcwAuSV4AAy54c.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIcwBWYUMAAmHTS.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIcwCEuUEAEH2WQ.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIcwC0fUEAADr5q.jpg[/IMG]

Source: https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/902743280542208000

Trailer for the Assassin's Festival event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn6Sy3Xx5Ss

”This collaboration is the result of being huge fans," says Ismail. ”There's a lot of respect between the two teams and we couldn't be more thrilled with the opportunity to pay homage to each other's work."

The collaboration kicks off on August 30, as Final Fantasy XV players who have obtained the Dream Egg from the Moogle Chocobo Carnival event will be gifted a very familiar Assassin outfit for Noctis. The very next day, August 31, will be the release of the free Assassin's Festival DLC for Final Fantasy XV. The town of Lestallum will transform itself for the event with signs and banners signaling the arrival of the festival, and new activities will be available for players to participate in. It doesn't end there. The Assassin's Festival will have some additional themed items and features, including another outfit from Assassin's Creed, along with abilities that enable Noctis to explore more like an Assassin and even use some of the Assassins' more well-known abilities.
Code:
[IMG]http://blog.ubi.com/app/uploads/2017/08/ac_ff_artwork.jpg?x49516[/IMG]
[IMG]http://blog.ubi.com/app/uploads/2017/08/feather_keyart_final.jpg?x49516[/IMG]

Giolon

Most important question: is the Bestiary already filled in if I've beaten the game or is it something I have to start trying to fill in from scratch?

SoulUnison

Banned
Chapter select, nice.

Now I can finally replay some of the better set pieces without needing dedicated save files.

Koozek

Most important question: is the Bestiary already filled in if I've beaten the game or is it something I have to start trying to fill in from scratch?

Guessing for the Bestiary we have to kill everything again for it to register?
Monsters you've already killed are filled in.

Apparently there's also new bits of lore about the Astrals and Ardyn's backstory. Haven't checked it myself yet.

Lightning

Banned
Finally. Now I'll have my 2nd and 100% play through of the game. Having a bestiary is just very important imo for any FF game.

I'm never going to use chapter select. See no purpose for that whatsoever.

Koozek

Is it me or has the last two patches improve the frame pacing issues on PS4 Pro High settings?
Huh, you sure? Will check myself later. Though, I don't care about High Mode since I barely notice any difference to Lite/Steady Mode on my 32" 720p TV and my Pro gets super loud compared to Steady Mode.

Not Drake

I took a break from the game to play through Lost Legacy, but I'm getting back into it next week. Bestiary sounds wonderful. Any idea if the update adds any trophies?

Lmao you can't rotate or zoom on Shiva but you can with the other astrals... hmm.

Gotta say though, being able to look at Bahamut like this is dope.

StereoVsn

Bestiary and Chapter Select are actually quite nice QoL changes and st least the first should have been in the game from start but better late then never!

Not sure about Assassin's Creed festival but I guess it's worth a shot to check out.

I took a break from the game to play through Lost Legacy, but I'm getting back into it next week. Bestiary sounds wonderful. Any idea if the update adds any trophies?
It shouldn't, and no data has shown up yet. I'd love if it did, but trophies for a limited time event would be a bad idea.

Well, time to load this up again. I'm a sucker for completing beastiaries. Were it not for No Man's Sky this game would easily win "best post-release support 2017."

Do we have any details on the asscreed stuff?
Like if that bow in the artwork is actually a weapon you can get?
That ac snake fight can surely be there since the game has snakes already but i cany imagine them adding a brand new weapon type just for this.

True Fire

Great patch. I know a lot of people will argue that this should've been there since launch, but at least the game gets better day by day.

I'm still holding out for new cutscenes though. Tabata did mention them in his roadmap.

I'm loving a lot of the models in the Bestiary, being able to rotate/zoom on them, really high quality and a lot of effort put into them from what I would of missed details from fighting and not just sitting there to look at them.

nonefallout

Neo Member
Sorry if I'm a little off topic but now this update is out, is this the best time to jump in? I have not played any iteration of ffxv before. I have held off until they ' finish' the game.

Sorry if I'm a little off topic but now this update is out, is this the best time to jump in? I have not played any iteration of ffxv before. I have held off until they ' finish' the game.

The only big things they have coming are paid DLC that are separate from the main game.

Keym

Great patch. I know a lot of people will argue that this should've been there since launch, but at least the game gets better day by day.

I'm still holding out for new cutscenes though. Tabata did mention them in his roadmap.
You already have them. Chapter 13, verse 2. Enjoy your 2 minutes of added story!

Frame pacing issues still there in high on pro. Nothing looks any different in my eyes. Perhaps people are just getting used to it and dont notice it as much. Its still as worse as it ever was.

Koozek

I doubt they're gonna make big gameplay changes anymore anyway since they haven't done so yet in the last 9 months outside of the off-road car last month and one new simple battle mechanic (Party Link combo attacks); there haven't been any substantial QoL improvements unfortunately. In regards to the story it's not clear if they still gonna add new cutscenes into the main game through free updates or if they've only intended to fill holes through the Character Episode DLCs and the Multiplayer DLC, so if you really care about having the best possible experience you could wait until at least Episode Ignis, the last piece of DLC and said to be the meatiest one, is out in November or at the latest until the PC version in early 2018 at which point the game should probably be "finished".

Doesn't seem like there will be a Definitive Edition so soon with gameplay overhauls and maybe the DLCs' extra exposition integrated into the main story since I assumed the PC version would be like that, but as we know now it won't. Would be strange if they released a Definitive Edition just months after the regular PC version, who knows though.

40 hours on PS4 at launch, gave up.

Can't wait for PC release, the updates are really shaping the game for the better
What was the reason you gave up? I don't think it's that much better now that if you already given up on it you would suddenly feel different about the game, tbh.

If you didn't like the messy narrative, nothing fundamentally changed, outside of a new small 20min section with Gladio in Chapter 13, and you could argue having all this additional exposition spread across several DLCs that are accessed completely separate from the main game makes the whole thing feel even more disjointed.

If you didn't like the messy combat, nothing fundamentally changed there either.

Okay, if you didn't like the limited manual driving with the default car, there's now the off-road car with actual free driving, but then you always have to drive around with the huge ugly monster truck, as the default car's manual mode is still the same on-rails thing.

Golnei

Also, if Ardyn
was meant to be the absolute first king of Lucis (of which there are now 115)
, the time dilation is kind of ridiculous - no wonder most fantasy series are stuck in the medieval era if it takes a JRPG civilisation 6500~ years to get from the Renaissance to modernity.

I'd wait until the last bit of DLC releases and they drop some Complete Edition with everything included (like they are with the Windows Edition).

FinalAres

So is there anything in game that properly explains what
starscourge
is and
how it was able to revive Ifrit?

Rymuth

Also, if Ardyn
was meant to be the absolute first king of Lucis (of which there are now 115)
, the time dilation is kind of ridiculous - no wonder most fantasy series are stuck in the medieval era if it takes a JRPG civilisation 6500~ years to get from the Renaissance to modernity.

Fantasy authors DO love their Medieval Stasis.

RPGCrazied

You guys complaining about frame pacing on high on Pro's. At least you guys have stable mode.

Regular base PS4 users don't have that, so we are stuck with the frame pacing. 1.13 the pacing seemed worse to me.

Oh well, bring on the windows version. They have no intention into fixing this.

Top Bottom