• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI announced

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

"The hegemony of crystals has controlled the destiny of the world for too long"

unknown.png

PC & PS5
Lead by Naoki Yoshida
Hiroshi Takai is directing
More information in 2021
The Summons, which are obviously making a comeback, seem to be tied to human avatars that can free them. A power that requires the presence of a protector and it is this protector that the player seems to have to embody in Final Fantasy XVI

00Ux22.png
00UbY9.png
00U5SC.png
00ciBr.png
00c8fb.png
00cW07.png
00cjYF.png
00UGw5.png

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
PS5 exclusive... and PC

HOOOOOGGGEEEE

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXVI for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and announce FFXVI for Xbox or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Aion002

Damn.... Sony must have spent a shit ton on this console exclusivity....

Impressive!

Also, the game artsyle reminds me sooo much of FFXIV! Soooooo HYPED!

Last edited:

Aggelos

Damn.... Sony must have spent a shit ton on this console exclusivity....

Guys, people say how amazing the Xbox Series X hardware is (and MS must have spent a shitload of money to make the powerful warhorse of theirs),
but Sony, they've probably spent a shitload of money to get console exclusivities (PC versions are planned too you know), into the bargain (instead of just building a super powerful hardware only)

Last edited:
Wow... I kept wondering if this was a new FF14 extension...
It didn't feel next-gen at all. Not impressed :(
It's Square Enix. I rather that they keep things simple than to bite off more than they could chew. Sure, once upon a time they are famous for cutting edge graphics, but I don't want another FF13. If simpler graphics means I get a large and long story back, with functional airships and a proper adventure with towns and people and shops, then I would rather have that over running in a straight line in a corridor.

DJT123

Guys, people say how amazing the Xbox Series X hardware (and MS must have spent a shitload of money to make the powerful warhorse of theirs),
but Sony, they've probably spent a shitload of money to get console exclusivities, into the bargain (instead of just building a super powerful hardware only)
The ONLY winner in their war is PC Gamers.

Dthomp

What a fucking decline of the series

Thank God for Dragon Quest

This man gets it. FF just isn’t the same game it was back when they were only on Sony systems before. It’s just another generic action/rpg more interested in selling dlc, they should have scooping DQ as their exclusive forever. much better franchise at this point

Ma-Yuan

I'll say I'm looking forward to ff7-r part 2 far more than ff16 so far, nothing from that is impressive, especially not the swordfighting. I swear it's just a spinoff until FF16 shows up and I'm in shocked of how mediocre that is.
Looked cross Gen to me. And I was astonished it wasn't running on a Ps5...

For what it's worth, I generally enjoyed my time with FFXV, but just from the trailer, FFXVI looks like what happens when a company spends around ten years trying to develop the title's predecessor.

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
Console exclusive. That's quite brutal.

That rumor was true in the end. Gee, that's SFV all over again.

Edit: lol it's not exclusive after all. WTF Sony !

Last edited:

Matsuchezz

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXVI for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and announce FFXVI for Xbox or you can kiss your business goodbye.

where is the original quote from?

Top Bottom