• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI, Forspoken and the rumored Final Fantasy Origins be at Sony's showing

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
8fz0Vmq.jpg

Square Enix announced their E3 presentation without mentioning some of their biggest games. We could possibly see these titles

Final Fantasy XVI
Forspoken
Final Fantasy Origins (rumored)
God of War
Remedy's PS5 exclusive (rumored)
Gran Turismo 7

All at the same show. What do you think will be there?

Edit: Meant to add "could" in the thread title if a mod can fix it I'd appreciate it

Last edited:

Methos#1975

8fz0Vmq.jpg

Square Enix announced their E3 presentation without mentioning some of their biggest games. We could possibly see these titles

Final Fantasy XVI
Forspoken
God of War
Gran Turismo 7

I'm confused, many of those titles aren't SE games

Kumomeme

well for timed exclusives title it makesense that it would be showcase at Sony's presentation.

but im not suprise if it still on Square Enix's presentation somehow, if their show after sony. maybe small update and such. it just they didnt mention here because it would be sony's main attention.

Last edited:

Methos#1975

well for timed exclusives title it makesense that it would be showcase at Sony's presentation.

but im not suprise if it still on Square Enix's presentation somehow, if their show after sony. maybe small update and such. it just they didnt mention here because it would be sony's main attention.
Unless something has changed, there is no Sony presentation at E3, they are skipping it

YukiOnna

Square Enix already said they are hiding a lot of what they plan to show on the stream and will definitely have big surprises. Sony doesn't need to be there for Square Enix's own IP's.

Larvana

8fz0Vmq.jpg

Final Fantasy XVI
Forspoken
God of War
Gran Turismo 7

Edit: Meant to add "could" in the thread title if a mod can fix it I'd appreciate it
This is confusing, holy crap.

onesvenus

I know it makes sense to have one but do we have any indication whatsoever that Sony is doing a show soon after E3? I'm sure a show before E3 would have already been announced

Mabdia

XVI is the most interesting FF in forever. I'm getting big Vagrant Story vibes and the combat for once looks top notch.
I'm not a big fan of VS. Might be a good game but never really cared to play it.
The setting for XVI looks to be right. The problem to me is that it looks like it'll be just like the reboot of VII. Not a big fan of the action oriented combat that they are using. Now, if this Origins might be a collection of 1 to 9 into a single disk or even a new game using the old ATB using turn based battle system, i'm in!

GuinGuin

Banned
I'm not a big fan of VS. Might be a good game but never really cared to play it.
The setting for XVI looks to be right. The problem to me is that it looks like it'll be just like the reboot of VII. Not a big fan of the action oriented combat that they are using. Now, if this Origins might be a collection of 1 to 9 into a single disk or even a new game using the old ATB using turn based battle system, i'm in!

Origins is going to be like Nioh made by Team Ninja.

mortal

Gold Member
Sony doesn't have a showing, nor will they be at E3 and haven't been since 2018.

What is OP on about?

GuinGuin

Banned
So Sad GIF by memecandy

That's is how I am now!

Well... at least for 5 minutes FF franchise has make me happy in the last 20 years.

I'm looking forward to it personally.
Sony doesn't have a showing, nor will they be at E3 and haven't been since 2018.

What is OP on about?

They have had a June show every year but one. Fair to say the same will happen this year. They just choose not to pay E3 to stream their videos anymore.

mortal

Gold Member
I'm looking forward to it personally.

They have had a June show every year but one. Fair to say the same will happen this year. They just choose not to pay E3 to stream their videos anymore.
So it's just more speculation then?

The only reason they had a show last year in June was to unveil the PS5.
Sony could just as easily hold their own event in July.

emivita

Thread title sure is misleading, but they really need to show some concrete stuff for these titles. FF XVI still doesn't convince me, the first trailer initially looked like a single player expansion for FFXIV until the logo appeared, Forspoken looked like FFXV reskinned, and FF Origins is... a soulslike?

I Dont Know Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I think the Horizon showing is all we're gonna get for a while. We'll get another state of play in July or August.

PS5 sells out the minute it goes on sale; PS4 continues to be one of the best selling consoles ever made. There's no incentive for an E3 show. Just my 2 cents.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I think the Horizon showing is all we're gonna get for a while. We'll get another state of play in July or August.

PS5 sells out the minute it goes on sale; PS4 continues to be one of the best selling consoles ever made. There's no incentive for an E3 show. Just my 2 cents.
I think it'll be this month or early July for sure but we'll see 👍

Top Bottom