• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fight, Actually |OT| Sometime in the 1990s...

dirthead

Banned
pRVmGMX.png

This has been in development for over a year for the 30th anniversary of Final Fight: the father of 16-bit arcade gaming re-written from scratch in C++ for the PC.

Features:

t3VgLR6.png
10 player simultaneous play
t3VgLR6.png
Supports any aspect ratio monitor (4:3, 16:9, 16:10, 21:9, 32:9, and even 1:1 is supported) and any refresh rate
t3VgLR6.png
Supports mono through 7.1 sound setups
t3VgLR6.png
Select from 4 different soundtracks: Arcade, X68000 FM, General MIDI, and Sega CD
t3VgLR6.png
Runs at the original arcade's native resolution and refresh rate on CRT TVs and arcade monitors if you have the setup for it
t3VgLR6.png
Play as any of the heroes, bad guys, or bosses

m6iDq3p.png

t3VgLR6.png
All players can select the same character with a unique palette

Zn3NXdF.png

t3VgLR6.png
Casual and score attack endless mode stages that only end when you die featuring cameos from all your favorite Capcom Play System characters

gvMzPJt.png
qmWOLfH.png

t3VgLR6.png
Multiple endings
t3VgLR6.png
All arcade sprite and alignment issues have been corrected and adjusted
t3VgLR6.png
Backgrounds overhauled to have up to dozens of layers of parallax

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Not a huge fan of the game given the limited movesets and stuff of the main characters compared to later brawlers but it will be fun for a while. thanks. Lol @ the download page.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So, I just tried it and something feels really really off about it. I haven't played the original in a LONG time to compare but I didn't have any actual fun with this, the controls and response seem weird somehow.

Edit: I compared it to the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle and yeah, this thing has a dedicated "pick up object" button for example instead of just using the punch, there's also a kick button and you can hold down the primary attack to automatically do combos and for some reason when I was beating a bunch of enemies it automatically grabbed one of them mid combo and threw him/her in the opposite direction without additional input. I can't say I had much fun with the original version either, games like Armored Warriors and Battle Circuit easily surpass it in the feel and fun factor (naturally, this is their grandfather).

If you connect your xinput controller it will recognize it after you start up the game by the way, though I couldn't enter the options, only use the start button to begin/select character etc.

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Watched the relanto video run for a few minutes and while I understand he’s a boss and can do crazy things, the physics look incredibly weird and nothing like the arcade or snes version (both of which I played tons of)

Just watch the fight in the first underground room at the start of level 1. It just looks and plays out oddly.

Last edited:

Vorg

Banned
I really wanted to like this but the physics are all wonky and the button layout is weird af. You can actually juggle enemies in the air now and each time you die (and you will die because some enemies take half your life with one attack) it will show the continue screen. This gets incredibly tedious. It's very much a work in progress and nowhere near the level of quality of streets of rage remake.

dirthead

Banned
I really wanted to like this but the physics are all wonky and the button layout is weird af. You can actually juggle enemies in the air now and each time you die (and you will die because some enemies take half your life with one attack) it will show the continue screen. This gets incredibly tedious. It's very much a work in progress and nowhere near the level of quality of streets of rage remake.

Can you elaborate on what you find weird about the physics? Just curious.

Vorg

Banned
Can you elaborate on what you find weird about the physics? Just curious.

Well, you can juggle enemies indefinitely now. You can also kick them literally across the screen. I mean, these things could be in the game but be optional. Killing Damnd literally by juggling him against a wall over and over was pretty weird.

mumbo's brain

Neo Member
This is quite wholesome. At first wasn't really sure what to do but as it seems the guy jokingly has renamed the files... Good stuff! I'm in the middle of Bayonetta playthrough though, never played that in serious way. I'm trying gold run that should be doable even for me but it gets really painful at times.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

by FAR the greatest Final Fight soundtrack EVER produced...no other game in the short-lived series match this!

Top Bottom