• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final month to E3 2012: GAF's Predictions

Huff

Banned
I predict all the fanatics are going to make gaf pretty much unreadable during and for the couple weeks after E3

VegaNine

My only prediction:

People will be SHOCKED at how many Wii U games are made to support Near Field Communication.

Even for 'serious' games, there will be a tidal wave of trinkets.

GeoramA

Sony) They'll either show too much Vita stuff or not enough. Either way, people will be complaining.

Nintendo) Since the Wii U should have a proper reveal this time, Nintendo pretty much wins E3 by default.

MS) The same shit they do every year.

Haunted

Hopes:

MS: Kinect is dead, here's the new console and a bunch of new games
Nintendo: we listened to your complaints, Wii U is much more powerful than everyone thought
Sony: Vita is dead, here's the new console and a bunch of new games

Reality:

MS: more Kinect games and 360 sequels
Nintendo: Wii U roughly on par with PS360, better in some respects, worse in others
Sony: more Vita games and PS3 sequels

Nintendo wins this E3 by default since they cash in on people's eagerness for new hardware, but overall, this E3 is going to suck pretty fucking hard.

GSR

Microsoft will show off tons of Kinect stuff, with a little Halo 4 and CoD sprinkled in there. Consequently, my entire first day at Microsoft will be spent exchanging awkward smiles with my coworkers as the news comes in.

MS is gonna talk about Halo 4 and how many XBL members they have worldwide, and wrap it up with some gloating about exclusive content on Blackops 2.

Nintendo will show off the Wii U and some launch games. Also some killer 3DS games including a sequel to Link of the past. And new Super Mario Bros 2 will be like Marios Bros 2 for NES.

Sony will have Sly 4, All-Stars, and last Guardian with a release date. Also, a lot of Vita stuff including a price drop.

Valve announces something that is not Half life 3. Half Life 3 fans decode signs of half life 3 from said announcement.

Gaben laughs at us all.....again.

salromano

These are really optimistic. Sorry if they suck. First off: no next-gen console reveals for Sony or Microsoft.

Sony

- PlayStation Vita broll: Persona 4, Soul Sacrifice, Tales of Innocence R, DJ Max Technika Tune, Dragon's Crown, Street Fighter X Tekken, Phantasy Star Online 2, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, BioShock Vita concept art, Killzone, etc.
- New PlayStation Vita titles from your favorite IPs (maybe God of War or Jak). Possible new PlayStation 3 reveals will have PlayStation Vita version.
- PlayStation Vita price drop to compete with 3DS.
- The Last Guardian dated/release windowed.
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII dated/release windowed.
- Final Fantasy X HD first look.
- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: new character reveals, I'm guessing at least one will be very unexpected. Noctis from Final Fantasy Versus XIII, for example. Except not him because my dreams weren't made to come true.
- God of War: Acsension release date/showcase.
- The Last of Us release date/showcase.
- At least a couple new PlayStation 3 exclusives/third-party multiplatform game exclusive bonuses.
- More PlayStation Move games.

Microsoft

- Halo 4 showcase.
- New Kinect title announcements.
- Fable: The Journey release date/showcase. It will be reiterated in some shape or form that it is not an on-rails shooter.
- Ryse release date/showcase.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II showcase. Will reiterate that Xbox 360 gets new map packs earlier than everybody else.
- Resident Evil 6 showcase.
- More Xbox LIVE applications.
- Big Xbox LIVE Arcade focus: Battleblock Theater, Class3, Deadlight, Dust, Hybrid, Mark of the Ninja.
- New IP/game reveals that aren't for Kinect, hopefully.

Nintendo

- Wii U! No release date or price announcements. (I'm cheating, they've already confirmed that.)
- Nintendo is going to tell us why we want to buy a Wii U. I'm talking about games I can't already get on PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360. High-def Mario and Donkey Kong. Maybe they'll have something Zelda to show, but it will be teaser artwork at most.
- Pikmin 3. (Cheating again. Already confirmed.)
- Masahiro Sakurai will give us an update on Next Super Smash Bros. Maybe a CG teaser trailer, but nothing in terms of game footage.
- Big third-party exclusive for Wii U.
- Capcom will show up on stage and apologize for Mega Man Legend 3's cancellation, blame themselves for their foolishness, open themselves to tomato tosses, and re-announce Mega Man Legends 3 for 3DS.*
- 3DS showcase: Monster Hunter Tri G, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 2, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Paper Mario 3D, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Fantasy Life, Beyond the Labyrinth, etc.

* No, they will not. This will not happen.

Squire

Banned
Sony:

- Huge, huge focus on Vita. 4-5 major game announcements with 1-2 set FTP launch for the holidays as attempted system sellers.

- A stage demo for The Last Of Us. They'll show Annie Wersching's character and throw up a release date at the end. It'll be Sept. 9 (EB Canada still hasn't taken that down, btw); if not, late Feb. 2013

Nintendo - Building on the 3DS game, announces surprise Kid Icarus WiiU game from a western studio.

Microsoft - Late to the fighting-game renaissance, Rare finally drops the Killer Instinct 3 bomb.

Sony - Eager to get a leg up on rivals this time, talks about PS4 openly while MS says nothing about Durango. Without giving specifics, they will try to convey that it will be incredibly powerful and worth waiting for. They've played this card before with great success.

NeoGohan

Banned
Nintendo

- New Professor Layton game coming to Wii U
- Ace Attorney 5 is a Wii U exclusive.
- A platform game featuring Mario + Sonic

prediction time

Microsoft:

- Bunch of sales data and " still aim to the best year ever for X360"
- Windows 8 and Windows Phone mobile cross feature
- Last year and the year before, Microsoft had a very strong Kinect presence, may you like it or not (expecially not)
- Halo 4 single player reveal
- Final Fantasy Versus Multiplatform
- First Glimpse of Respawn game
- Stage demo of COD BO2, GTAV gameplay, Rainbow Six Patriot + Kinect, Fable :The Journey, Forza Horizon (pgr clone) Doa5
- New xbox live feature-partnership agreement (US focused as usual)
- No price cut @ E3
- "one more thing" Epic Tech Demo with no Title No details just "Cg Like" with teasing something Big is coming

Nintendo:

- WiiU keep the name as WiiU
- Pikmin 3 + Mario 2D WiiU + WiiSport Next + Fzero Next
- November US launch
- No Android Support
- Launch at 299$ and 349$ (two sku)
- Power tech, roughly an Xbox 400 / Ps 3.3 , 720p as default with a lot of tablet features, possible 1080p with multiplatform / or port less tablet based, HUGE jump from wii, fair jump from X360 tech
- 3DS zelda, 3Ds new mario and some big content from Capcom and Square (possible a new FF exclusive chapter)
- More details on Nintendo's recent turn to digital distribution, network details and feature

Sony:

- No price drop for Vita (maybe just a bundle pack with 3G+memory+Game and cover/pouch at same 299 price point)
- No price drop for Ps3
- No ps4 announce
- Major Butler presence
- Bla Bla @ Ps3-Vita-future environment & Ecosystem etc etc
- Psn stuff partnership/agreement as Microsoft conference
- Valve next game announced at Sony conf ( NOT exclusive)
- Gow single player reveal
- The last of Us single player reveal + launch in 2013
- Last Guardian reveal " almost finished" + launch in november 2012
- Sly4 + Sony all star
- GT Vita
- Uncharted Game for Vita ( port collection or new chapter )
- Killzone Vita single player demo , LBP Vita demo , Cod vita, and some minor PSN project
- Many game from west developer for Vita ( port and multiplatform with cross gaming feature )

Announcement of MS' new console, although little will be shown. Kinect 2.0 will be bundled with every system as well as a controller.

Sony sticks it out one more year before announcing PS4.

Epic shows off new engine demos, jaws drop, says games will look like this on next gen systems.

Lots of Kinect games.

Promises of Vita games.

We'll finally get to see what Retro's been up to.

Announcement of the oft delayed but heavily anticipated Dreamcast 2, with Sonic 4 reboot, a sprite based Street Fighter V, and more...

Some sort of Nintendo racing game for either 3DS or Wii U. F-Zero or Wave Race or something similar.

Conor 419

Banned
People begin to notice that a quarter of the way through the MS livestream, that all of the livestreams have suddenly picked up two random commentators. People just kind of shrug it off as they're not that intrusive and people are eager to not miss a second. Slowly, the voices of the commentators become more and more familiar, posts such as

'Hey chums, why are the WWE commentators commentating all of the E3 livestreams, what the S?' are being made.

People are confused, but the conference is picking up momentum so nobody really stops to think about it. Microsoft are on the verge of something good, Don Mattrick's been smiling cheekily throughout the whole conference, there have been hints that something big's about to go down.

"Ladies and Gentleman, we are pleased to be about to deliver what we deem our greatest entertainment announcement in the company's history. Commencing this fall, you will see the franchise in the following trailer launch exclusively on the Xbox 360'.

Room goes dark with epic shut off the lights sound effects echoing loudly. The screen goes black. 10 seconds pass, nothing. 20 seconds, the crowd start making provocative noises out of sheer excitement, 30 seconds 'what the s chums, are they even showing anything? What are they doing?'

Don Mattrick looks agitated, he quickly orders something to the backstage crew down his headset. Nothing's happening.

The WWE commentators are confused, one of them mentions that there must be a technical difficulty.

Something's wrong.

The lights are about to come back on when

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV8WRarFMCA

Reggie Fils Aime runs through the crowd wearing only a thong, he runs on the stage and starts beating the absolute shit out of Don Mattrick. The crowd goes wild, the WWE commentators are constantly shouting 'ohhhh' as Reggie lands every successive hit. Chokeslam 'ohhhhhh!' The Rock Bottom 'OHHHHHHHHHHH'.

Security are about to come on to refrain Reggie, but Miyamoto and Iwata run in and start beating them up with steel chairs. Miyamoto climbs a random ladder and moonsaults off, Iwata does the european Slam on Phil Harris.

Reggie finishes off by ripping off an elbow pad, thowing it into the crowd who have gone absolutely wild and then performing the peoples elbow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JAa3NvP6f4

Plays and the three men walk off camera.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
You pretty much got everything there OP.

this guy

I predict disappointment, tears, doomsayers, and server errors.

The excitement to seeing the Wii U completely revealed will subside once we find out about the disappointing hardware and price point. It will be largely unchanged from last year, tablet and all. We will see a couple awesome looking Nintendo games though that will make us cover our ears for the time being.

Halo 4 demo and whatnot.

We will see fewer game trailers for the 360 and PS3. Microsoft will hint at their new console, or possibly announce it for next year. Us reasonable people will be saddened by yet another year of no new hardware. 2013 means 8 years folks!

I will be furiously F5ing all throughout press conference day

I look forward to more Tom Cuh-lancy game announcements

Tom Clancy's Caffeine Machine with real doodly-doodly-doodly time travel gameplay revealed and release date will be holidoodly 2012.

Although I am sort of hoping for Sucker Punch to appear at E3 because I think they've been working on something since Sony bought them, I expect whatever that is to make a debut as a major reveal during the conference.

smr00

Banned
biggest thing to come out of microsoft will be Shenmue 1 + 2 HD and Skies of Arcadia HD coming to summer of arcade or whatever the fuck the next arcade thing will be.

Carl

Don Mattrick will be annoying and smug as always

Jack T will lose about 4 buckets of sweat

Reggie will be Reggie

Nintendo

- A new trailer for SSB4 but it's far from finished. Link has the SS design, Ghirahim, K.K. Slider, Professor Layton, Fawful and Shulk are playable. (Ok this one is more of a fan wish)
- A Resident Evil Spin-off is mentioned.
- Eternal Darkness 2 by Silicon Knights. It looks disappointing.
- Journalists complain that Wii U ports aren't very good, Gaf gets mad as usual.
- An exclusive Sonic game for the 3DS.
- Final Fantasy Tactics for 3DS and a Final Fantasy multiplayer game for Wii U.
- Wii U is re-branded.
- Two versions of Animal Crossing are shown, they don't look much different.
- 3DS Zelda is shown, it looks like the Wind Waker.
- Pokemon Arena Wii U.
- Super Mario 4 for Wii U doesn't look different enough from NSMB.
- A Metroid-Prime style game is announced.
- Super Mario Kart 8 for Wii U, now with jet-skis.
- Mario Party 10,
- Dead Space 3 is on Wii U too.
- Kirby 3D plaformer.

Sony

- A new Metal Gear Solid game like Portable Ops and Peace Walker.
- A new Killzone spin-off is shown, looks average.
- Gran Turismo V spin-off shown.
- More Move games no one cares about.
- Sony shows off next-gen tech demos but don't say exactly what it's for.
- A new game with Jak and Daxter in, not made by Naughty Dog.
- A PS3 price cut.
- A new Uncharted for Vita (Already)

Microsoft

- More Kinect Sports/mals, dance games.
- A Skyward Sword rip-off is shown for Kinect.
- Too much Halo coverage instead of other franchises.
- Microsoft show off next-gen tech demos but don't say exactly what it's for.
- They have the worst show yet again.

Third Party

- A Mass Effect Spin-off shown but not made by Bioware.
- A new Soul Reaver for current-gen consoles.
- A new Sonic for 360/PS3/Wii U looks pretty good.
- Dissidia HD
- AC III spin-offs for handhelds.

- I'll go on a limp too, Half-Life...

Bullza2o

I fully expect Wii U, 3DS, and Vita news. I'll be happy with that. (keeping expectations low for maximum enjoyment)

E3 2012: It would be considered the worst E3 in recent memory, but E3 2011 and 2010 are still considered "recent."

But seriously, it's going to suck. WiiU has me with some intrigue, but mostly in the "how are you going to disappoint me," kind of way. 360 and PS3 have nothing. Only announcements that would make me excited would be something about Fallout, GTAV, or Skyrim DLC. Fallout would actually get me excited; GTAV would be an interest tho I'm doubting we'll see anything, and Skyrim DLC I assume it's coming and I want to know more about it.

Sadly though, the two things that would get me excited just aren't going to be at the show.

Satchel

Banned
If MS shows decent chunk of Halo 4 SP they win.

The only thing that can trump them is Nintendo dropping Metriod Prime 4 as a launch title for the Wii U.

Anustart

Nintendo announces something big. Whether it's Mario on Wii U or something.....

And hopefully Microsoft gets that kid back from last year and he asks for another fist bump.

sphinx

the piano man
I am hoping for a price not higher than $299 for Wii U and a rebrand, Pikmin 3 and something else that entices a purchase right from the get go instead some years down the line, like with every other console.

ZenaxPure

FFvs13 and HL3 info (believe! etc)

MS has another kinect conference showcasing the "awesome" kinect controls Halo 4 will have (with a demo of the game as well).

Sony shows a bunch of first party exclusives and announces a bunch of games to "save" the vita. Also FFX HD trailer since iirc the game is still PSV/PS3 exclusive.

The internet claims Nintendo "won" the show with
North American Fire Emblem announcement and
a bunch of upcoming Wii U launch titles and strong 3DS holiday support.

Ezalc

Sony:
Last Guardian a no show.

Square Enix
Final Fantasy Versus XIII doing well, they finally decided on which font to use for the game's main title screen. Development on the actual game will now begin.

Nintendo announces Pikmin 3... finally. And I weep with joy.

Nintendo announces Pikmin 3 will fully support their new DLC initiatives. And I weep with sadness.

Sony pushes hard on Vita's interactions with PS3, trying to steal some attention from the Wii U controller.

Microsoft something something Black Ops 2 exclusive something.

MYE

Maybe this happens this year

sjugZ.jpg

**crosses fingers**

Top Bottom