• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Nintendo Power cover revealed

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
https://twitter.com/mudron/status/274338546142302208

I'm bummed that the cover leaked (judging by the picture from some jerk at the Future office), but I'm glad people like it. Hopefully the interior stays under wraps until subscribers start to receive the issue. There's one thing in particular that I can't wait for people to see.

Also, huge, huge props to sculptor Leslie Levings (and to Bill Mudron for introducing me to her work).
The issue hits newsstands December 11 and should start reaching subs over the next few days.

HhKqS.jpg

aYR55.jpg

Eusis

Great way to bookend the magazine, even if NSMB2's very different from SMB2 USA.

EDIT: Oh damn, I thought they went with roman numerals with NSMB2 when it's really NSMBU. Like it more for being more topical to be honest.

I didn't even get Nintendo Power, but that is a perfect cover. I might have never been subscribed to Nintendo Power, but I always read up on them and checked out their reviews and such through friends who were subscribed. They weren't a great magazine (although the early issues I read from the NES days seemed really cool), but it'll be weird living in a world without Nintendo Power.

pargonta

The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Thanks for the good times.

Effect

Like a punch to the gut. :( Happy they've gotten the chance to do a final issue but really sad to see the magazine go. Going to read the issue cover to cover when it arrives in the mail.

vid

The only way this could have been more perfect is if they had inverted the color of Mario's clothes again.

Good show, NP.

Top Bottom