• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Pokémon Sun and Moon Mega Stones out now (Lati@s, Ampharos, Altaria)

vg-september-mega-stone-distro-169-en.jpg

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/get-mega-stones-to-power-up-your-pokemon/

This is it! The final batch of special Mega Stones that will grant Mega Evolution powers to some of your Pokémon. This month's special code grants you Ampharosite, Altarianite, Latiosite, and Latiasite in your copy of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon. These Mega Stones allow you to Mega Evolve Ampharos, Altaria, Latios, and Latias (respectively) during battle, giving them the ability to unleash awesome attacks!

Mega Stones special code: DRACHE

These Pokémon aren't available in the wild in Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon, but you can bring them into Pokémon Bank via Poké Transporter from earlier games. The Pokémon you transfer will lose their items in the process, however, so this distribution is currently the only way to get these Mega Stones in Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon.

To get the four Mega Stones:

Select Mystery Gift on the main menu.

Select Receive Gift.

Select Get with Code/Password, then Yes, and then Yes again to connect to the Internet.

Enter your password.

Watch as you receive the Mega Stones.

Speak to the delivery person in any Pokémon Center to pick up your Mega Stones.

Be sure to save your game!

Previous codes:

MATSUBUSA - Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert stones along with Camerupt and Bannette's

M2DESCENT - Gets you Mewtwo's two Mega Stones

AZUL - Gets you Steelix, Heracross, Pidgeot and Houndoom's stones

INTIMIDATE - Gets you Audino, Beedrill, Mawile, and Medicham's stones

SABLEVOLANT - Gets you Tyranitar, Abomasnow, Manectric & Aggron's stones

POYONG - Gets you Gardevoir, Gallade, Lopunny & Diancie's stones

Also, make sure you enter this password by October 31, 2017. That's the final day for Trainers to claim their special Mega Stones, so don't miss out on this opportunity to unlock your Pokémon's Mega Evolutions!

Oops. Sorry. That's what happens when you drink and gaf.

Anyway, will certain event pokemon (like Marshshadow when they release him) always be available like these megastones?

Atheerios

Worth mentioning that the Mega Stones codes expire on October 31st.

From that date on there won't be a way to get the Mega Stones without trading.

Worth mentioning that the Mega Stones codes expire on October 31st.

From that date on there won't be a way to get the Mega Stones without trading.

On normal Sun and Moon, mind you. We don't know how they'll be available in the upcoming Ultra Sun and Moon. My guess that they'll make every stone available in those games.

Berordn

I really hope they bail on Mega's (and honestly Zmoves) for Gen 8, they are just so so lame.

Megas are here to stay, with the way they sell merchandise. They've got no real reason to remove Z-moves either, but those are at least less important to the franchise overall.

Even if Gen 8 doesn't make them a focus again, they'll probably do the same thing they did here by making them events.

OVDRobo

I also completely missed out on any of this.

I've barely paid any attention to anything Pokemon related for the months since Sun and Moon released so who knows how many weird digitally distributed things I've missed out on.

Think Ultra Sun and Moon dampened my interest in doing anything in the base versions because I might need to do it again or it might be more accessible in the newer versions. There's also not much to do in those titles once you're through with the story and mystery beasts or whatever the hell they were called.

rucury

Banned
Can I input all the codes before receiving them in game, or will they override each other?

Just confirmed that you can input them at the same time. When you go to the PKMN Center to pick them up, the delivery man will ask if you want them one by one or all at once.

Top Bottom