• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL PS5 Price Prediction Thread

What will be the price of the PS5 and the PS5 All Digital?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SamFo

Please pick one Digital and one Physical PS5 cost!

I'm thinking

Digital - $449
Physical - $499

Stake your claim now, so you can bust out the "I told you so's" in a few days.

BONUS: Try and pick the release date!

Last edited:

Arun1910

PS5 Digital - $350
PS5 Disc - $450

Can't see anything less than a $100 difference because it wouldn't even push people to digital at that rate.

Still think it will be cheaper than the Series X based on hardware, but highly doubt the PS5 disc is $500.

reinking

Gold Member
My real vote and what I have predicted from day one is $499/$449.

What I expect since Sony sometimes just likes to prove everybody wrong. $479/$429.

Ellery

I am going with $599 and $679 so I can fool myself into desensitizing to high prices to be ready to pay more and be okay with it.

It is a move I learned being a PC enthusiast. Just expect higher prices and eventually that 1500$ GPU looks like a steal through years of subsconcious self manipulation.

On a more serious note lets go with $449 and $499 but might aswell +- 50/100. I think anything above $499 would be stupid given the digital infrastructure Sony has to make billions from digital services and fees.

Sethbacca

It'll be 399-499 but i'm hoping Sony pulls out a surprise here and goes 350-450 just because they've played their cards close to their chest for so long.

daquiksta

Neo Member
For Europe, it's gonna be 399/499€.
I cannot see Sony releasing the PS5 higher than Xbox Series X. They will take all market shares in Europe again :)

iconmaster

Banned
5ZXWgOV.jpg

Two-Buttons.jpg

Arun1910

The "$100 is too much for a disc player" argument makes no sense to me.

It isn't about it being that much, the discless PS5 will stop reselling physical copies and drive more revenue to Sony as the only way you can get games is direct purchase through the store.

The more compelling they make the price and the bigger the price difference, will work well for Sony in the long run.

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
It'll probably be $399/$499 but I went with the strategic price of $349 and $449. A $50 pricepoint to Sony's advantage either way toward the Series S and X would be exceptionally cutthroat.

I just want to be on record to see how far I'm off.

Last edited:

Aceofspades

Banned
Please pick one Digital and one Physical PS5 cost!

I'm thinking

Digital - $449
Physical - $499

Stake your claim now, so you can bust out the "I told you so's" in a few days.

BONUS: Try and pick the release date!

My prediction mirrors yours .

Edit: that's a confusing as hell poll!

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

399 digital 450-499 regular would slay. 100USD to jump from the gimped version of this gen to a full vision of it. There's no used games on digital, no manufacturing or logistics for game boxes, so they could potentially subsidize it a bit more counting on higher game margins.

Vawn

Banned
The answer is November 20, $499/$399.

I'm going full DynamiteCop! DynamiteCop! on this one. Anyone who says anything different is wrong and is a stupid idiot. I'm right. I've been following videogames for a long time and I'm just so damn smart, I can't possibly be wrong.

I can also confirm there is no PS5 Series S. You heard it here first.

Last edited:

Dodkrake

Banned
Assuming that
  • The PS5 digital needs to be $100 or more cheaper
  • The PS5 is already loosing some money or breaking even at $499
$399/499
€399/499
£349/449

Personally I think the $399 digital thing in general is absolute delusion, it feels more like a projected hope than any kind of reality. It seems like people are throwing all logic and reason out the window, not looking at relative examples whatsoever or even trying to evaluate just how expensive the components are in these systems.

With that said the PlayStation 5 is either going to be $549.99/$499.99 or $499.99/$449.99.

PS5 Digital - $350
PS5 Disc - $450

Can't see anything less than a $100 difference because it wouldn't even push people to digital at that rate.

Still think it will be cheaper than the Series X based on hardware, but highly doubt the PS5 disc is $500.
And when was the last time Playstation ever PUSHED anything?
They didn't push PSVR or PSNow. What made you think they would push all-Digital?

MS has a habit of forcing their market to do what they want. While Sony just observes the trends and watch how the market changes. MS pushes Kinect. Sony is not Microsoft.

50 dollars difference is as far as Sony would go. Sony would want to see how many people actually was WILLING to go all-digital by choice, organically and voluntarily. A 100 dollar difference would skew the results.

supernova8

Banned
$349 DE
$499 BDE

I think they're going to want to give people (who are on the fence between the two) an upfront and monetary reason to go with DE.

Getting massive uptake for the DE is the best possible scenario for Playstation because their potential profit per device (over its lifetime) inevitably increases.

Mmnow

If its 499/399, I'll be happy, but I keep coming back to that "best value" quote. In the context of the Series S being announced, it'd be very easy to presume that's where that was coming from, but I'm not so sure.

I reckon $600, but damn do I hope I'm wrong.

Top Bottom