• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Round XVII - 2014 Fighting Game Tournament - March 14th - 16th

I was hoping they would have enough sense of shame to not tease for months and months just to reveal a clone. But I was wrong.

You're clearly a fucking awful person for expecting a multi-million dollar company should put in a forth of the effort of the Skull Girls team. At this point I imagine people would be happy paying $40 to have Matt defecate on their faces.

hitsugi

The fucked up thing is it was this kind of thinking that led us to making the correct guess that it was Decapre in the first place. LOL

Precisely. Following the guidelines set by Ono, with the logic of "what would be the easiest thing to do..." we arrived at this conclusion months ago.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It kept people talking about the game for months. I think it did its job.

It didn't convince anyone to buy the game that wasn't already going to. I think this ultimately reflects negatively on Capcom as a whole, because the casual audience doesn't give a shit if she's a charge character or plays differently from Cammy like we do.

AAK

She plays completely different from Cammy. That's much more than what I was expecting. For all intents and purposes, this IS a brand new character.

My expectations were that they went with pallet swaps with the others so they delayed this announcement because it was something bigger. I don't think that needs a reality check, to be honest I think you need to wake up and stop being happy with companies fucking you over like this.

Also don't compare her to the beauty of Painwheel you monster. She reminds me of Cammy aesthetically because she's fucking blatantly Cammy.

The only reason we're even getting Ultra is because someone modded the SFxT characters into AE and Capcom was like "Fuck, guess we gotta add them in now."

There's been no reason for anyone to expect this to be something Capcom actually cares about to spend any legitimate amount of money on.

The only reason we're even getting Ultra is because someone modded the SFxT characters into AE and Capcom was like "Fuck, guess we gotta add them in now."

There's been no reason for anyone to expect this to be something Capcom actually cares about to spend any legitimate amount of money on.

If nobody cares about it then why should anybody spend money on it? Especially when other fighting game teams put far more effort into their expansions? Given it's so balanced I don't see why the community shouldn't just stick with 2012.

I don't think anybody expected a huge amount of money put into or original models or anything.

But there was a ton of models and moves to pull from SFxT. I guess this was the cheapest route to go.

soakrates

It kept people talking about the game for months. I think it did its job.
Yeah, I'm thinking they just wanted to sustain interest in USF4 for as long as they thought reasonably possible. It's kind of a dick move, but an understandable one. I doubt as many people would have seen the announcements of the other cool features USF4 has were it not for all the people chomping at the bit about the fifth character reveal.

Marz

If nobody care about it then why should anybody spend money on it? Especially when other fighting game teams put far more effort into their expansions? Given it's so balanced I don't see why the community shouldn't just stick with 2012.

Ultra has delayed wakeup. Its a huge deal because it removes the monotonous setup based play, you're going to see a lot more scrambles and creativity with DWU.

If nobody cares about it then why should anybody spend money on it? Especially when other fighting game teams put far more effort into their expansions? Given it's so balanced I don't see why the community shouldn't just stick with 2012.

They shouldn't? Fuck Capcom and let them burn for all I care.

I'm just calling it like I see it.

Sayah

If it is a clone, then it's a real shame. The "new" characters are all reused from SFXTK.

If Namco can make a brand new character with a moveset completely unfamiliar to the Tekken style (for a F2P game of all things), then Capcom should be able to do the same for a retail game. Not to mention Tekken Revolution remodeled all of the characters.

Not sure what's going on at Capcom headquarters but that's just lazy. You had SFIV's various iterations sell amazingly well and you still can't put a decent amount of money and effort at another followup.

Sorry to add to the negativity.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
If it is a clone, then it's a real shame. The "new" characters are all reused from SFXTK.

If Namco can make a brand new character with a moveset completely unfamiliar to the Tekken style (for a F2P game of all things), then Capcom should be able to do the same for a retail game. Not to mention Tekken Revolution remodeled all of the characters.

Not sure what's going on at Capcom headquarters but that's just lazy. You had SFIV's various iterations sell amazingly well and you still can't put a decent amount of money and effort at another followup.

Capcom invested profits from the SF4 games into mobile.

Lazyslob

Banned

Naw they should get shit. Honestly the "dream" matchup thing is cool but I'd much rather have a totally new character with new moveset. Capcom are the biggest bunch of cheapskates and will reuse anything to save a few bucks. Notice they are reusing the stages of SfxT and the characters. The same goddamn Morrigan sprite has been use for ages, haha

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
How was the TEKKEN finals for you guys? Hope the commentary helped make it exciting. The matches were great, IMO, just hope it helped.

Hyena, a Sarah player from Alabama, took VF. Apparently he's also pretty good at Tekken and mopped the floor with VFDC.

I thought Ryan Hart won VF5?

Top Bottom