• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Symphony Album global digital release on 23rd February (physical CD later)

This is so frustrating. I can't buy a digital copy off Amazon because my card's billing address is outside the US even with a fake US address. I never had issues buying physical stuff. Can't buy from Google Play for the same reasons.

Only other place I see where I can buy this digitally is iTunes but I don't know if I'll get blocked too.

COME ON I WANNA GIVE YOU MY MONEY

Geneijin

Aw, I thought the bump was about the physical release :(

This is so frustrating. I can't buy a digital copy off Amazon because my card's billing address is outside the US. I never had issues buying physical stuff. Can't buy from Google Play for the same reasons.

Only other place I see where I can buy this digitally is iTunes but I don't know if I'll get blocked too.

COME ON I WANNA GIVE YOU MY MONEY
Have you considered buying a Amazon gift card or asking someone to circumvent this?

Ohh, I kept googling how to purchase Amazon credits and found nothing. I see that you can also set the price of the gift card. This is great, I'll try it thanks.

edit: Well I added $9 to my account but I can't pick it as an option when purchasing something. I still get the same error. :(
We were unable to process your order with your current payment information. In order to successfully purchase your music you will have to do one of the following and then place a new order:
Verify your default One-Click payment instrument is selected in Your Account settings.
Verify your default One-Click payment instrument is from the geographic region you are purchasing in.
Try a different payment instrument as your default One-Click selection.
To view details on possible causes of problems with your payment instrument, please visit our help pages.

It has been years since I used Amazon.com for downloads (so these may have changed) but I had an Amazon account set up just for that so no card and hence no billing info problems. Maybe try deleting the cards on account (though the error message suggests the gift card isn't the default payment here) or change the address on the card (it won't cause problems as the store credit will be used instead, I remember people having to do this for US PSN credit which while you can spend gift card credit on it you need a US billing address on your card to get the buy button to work)

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
The greatest thing about these albums under the Symphonic Game Music Concert moniker is that the music tends to keep on giving weeks or months after release. One might pass over a movement or an entire symphony/concerto to get to the bread and butter of what they love the most.. but then they will always be afforded the opportunity to come back and listen to what they missed. This usually leads to falling in love all over again.

I did this for the Final Fantasy X Piano Concerto because I knew I wanted to save it for the last as Symphonic Odyssey's A Fleeting Dream was my favourite piece from that concert. It's all finally clicked in with me today and it's wonderful and majestic - much more than what I dreamed.

And here I was over the moon a few weeks ago that I could finally listen to FFVII - Anxious Heart in the encore.

Zhao_Yun

It was announced today that Square Enix will release a physical Audio-Blu-Ray of Final Symphony on the 16th of September. For now this release has only been announced for a Japanese release but as Square Enix America and Europe are selling their Japanese soundtrack releases on their respective stores as well it shouldn't be too much of a problem to get them here. Attendents of Final Symphony II in Bonn and London in August and September will be able to buy the Blu-Ray even before the official release date!

http://www.spielemusikkonzerte.de/e...phony-audio-blu-ray-to-launch-this-september/

NateDog

Saw this on CDJapan. Very tempted, seems Square like going with Blu-Ray audio now (did it with the Type-0 OST and now this).

I got the digital download. It's... kind of neat, but not overwhelming, I'd say. While I've heard the original arranged themes to death, it's annoying how you get ten seconds of a theme and then it meanders off into something else. There's been like five short renditions of the FF7 main theme. I like how a few lesser used themes pop up though.

Also not a huge fan of FFX's music so that's a bit wasted.

Final Fantasy: Orchestral Album remains the definitive arrangement for me.

As for blu-ray editions, I mainly listen via my computer (without a drive) so I need to rip them anyway. FF:OA was a bit tricky since I needed to ask a friend to copy the song pack off the disc. The FFXIV soundtrack was easier since it set up a network drive to grab them from, which was a bit of technical wizardry I didn't even know was possible.

Zhao_Yun

Saw this on CDJapan. Very tempted, seems Square like going with Blu-Ray audio now (did it with the Type-0 OST and now this).

Yep, the FFXIV OSTs as well as the OST for the FFX/X-2 HD Remaster were released on Audio Blu-Ray as well.

I got the digital download. It's... kind of neat, but not overwhelming, I'd say. While I've heard the original arranged themes to death, it's annoying how you get ten seconds of a theme and then it meanders off into something else. There's been like five short renditions of the FF7 main theme. I like how a few lesser used themes pop up though.

Also not a huge fan of FFX's music so that's a bit wasted.

Final Fantasy: Orchestral Album remains the definitive arrangement for me.

Too bad you didn't enjoy it as much as some of us do but the more classical arrangement style of Final Symphony or the Symphonic game concerts which came before that is probably not for everyone. Distant Worlds or the already mentioned FF: OA are probably better choices for people who like to listen to arrangements which stick to the original as close as possible.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
this thread is about final symphony...so maybe it is better to push it than to create a new one.

On saturday there is a final symphony concert in Bonn with the Beethoven Orchester.
On this day you will also be able to buy the final symphony blu ray as a world premier.

someone else coming? I already have my ticket. Maybe we could say hello to each other ^^"..

Geneijin

I've forgotten about this. I wasn't even aware of the Blu-ray release. Preordering now... I wish there was a concert in the U.S. :(

Zhao_Yun

this thread is about final symphony...so maybe it is better to push it than to create a new one.

On saturday there is a final symphony concert in Bonn with the Beethoven Orchester.
On this day you will also be able to buy the final symphony blu ray as a world premier.

someone else coming? I already have my ticket. Maybe we could say hello to each other ^^"..

We actually have a thread on Final Symphony II, although it isn't much more active than this one ;) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1013314

I am also attending the concert and some other from GAF will probably as well. Don't know if there is any interest in a meet up?

Top Bottom