• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FinalFantasy XII THE ZODIAC AGE is coming to Switch/XB1 on 4/30

John Day

Shit can’t believe i’m gonna triple dip on this 🤣

Edit: woah eoah woah where’s my boy Basch? Blasphemy

Last edited:

CatCouch

Will be buying again on Xbox. I like achievements, I so wish Nintendo had them.

I also hope the next Final Fantasy game has characters like Fran. More non-human-like characters would be great too. I'm looking forward to replaying FFX just for the Ronso!

Caayn

Final Fantasy X/X-2 16-4-2019 (Switch/XB1)
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age 30-4-2019 (Switch/XB1)

Last edited:
This game is excellent, and surprisingly the graphics, battle system, and most of all the music greatly hold up.

I spent over 150 hours completing this game and getting all of the trophies on PSN. If you haven't yet played FFXII, you should. Just be sure to research the game's various classes before you make that permanent decision.

KLoWn

I'm actually pretty hyped for this one. I never got around to playing it, and it's been a long time since I played a Final Fantasy game.

Mr Hyde

Played the Zodiac Version on PS4. It was good but not as good as I remember it. Not gonna double dip on this one.

kunonabi

Ive given this game so many chances and I always hate it. If it isn't a huge downgrade from the PS4 version I'll probably give it one more. I'd kill to have co-op on the switch version.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Ive given this game so many chances and I always hate it. If it isn't a huge downgrade from the PS4 version I'll probably give it one more. I'd kill to have co-op on the switch version.

This might be a freaking selling point of it for me. Otherwise I love it for what it does, but damn can't get to it.

I should go back to my PS2 version and do some of the hunts. Possibly my favorite FF. Hopefully more people give it a try.

The GOAT Akihiko Yoshida delivers once again with beautiful, wholesome artwork. But where is Basch?

Daymos

I think it's best to skip this and play dragon's dogma on switch instead. Maybe if I 100% complete diablo3 (lol), skyrim, dark souls, and dragon's dogma on switch I'll let myself triple dip (or more, I have them 'all') on some of these older final fantasy games.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Already have both of these new games on PC and PS4, and I can't decide if I'm going to get them on Switch or Xbox. I'll probably end up buying both on both.

Already owned X/X-2 on PS2 but couldn't get into cuz of sphere grid. Too much fine tuning for each characters.

XII - never play it. Definitely will pick this up on Switch when its on sale.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Did not like the sphere grid overhaul in this version

Big fat NO
Also fast forward button = NO

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Virtuos has a solid track record with their remasters. Feels comforting that they are handling these ports. I hope that the release date for Final Fantasy IX shows up soon, that is the only one I want of the bunch.

fatty

It took me over 20 hours before I liked this game, only stuck with it because I play every mainline Final Fantasy. But something happened, and the battles became so good and addicting, and FF XII became one of my favorite in the series.

To date this is the only one where I actively pursued the extra content (the hunts), had so much fun taking in the challenging battles. Looking forward to being able to play this on the go.

Orenji Neko

I already have this on PC, but XII is one of the greatest modern Final Fantasy games. Having been going through these since the original FF came out, XII has always felt more like the actual evolution of where the original design of this series was going as opposed to FFXIII and FFXV. FFXIV fits that bill too, but in MMO form in my opinion. That said, while IV and VI will always be my favorites, XII is easily number 3 and I actually find it's gameplay and systems to be highly addicting.

Psajdak

Banned
Putting aside that it is Final Fantasy, I'd say that even today, this is one of the best Star Wars type games.

The worst Final Fantasy game with a plot that doesn't even know who the protagonist is. Now in HD.

I also remember the license system being ass.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I saw this today. Very interesting how they added elemental sounds, so when you stop time in-game you'll hear various environmental sounds. It feels like time hasn't stopped completely.

So apparently the PS4 and PC versions still don't let you carry over equipment into NG+, even though the Switch and Xbox versions do?? What the fuck Square

Top Bottom