• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finally did it. There’s now only 277 of you left in the world…

kiphalfton

I've attempted at least 3 separate attempts to get into the game (as in I'll start a new game, play it for a couple hours, drop it, come back to it years later, then restart from the beginning).

It just hasn't had good enough hooks to pull me in, before the 5 hour mark.

I tried replaying it a while ago and the gunplay using a controller is utterly horrible. Maybe I'm missing some setting but I don't understand how people can accept this. It's much better in first person to be fair but I don't want to play first person.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
If you know how to follow lines on streets, you are already well prepared.

catvonpee

Go north on the map and get on the train. Then start shooting at stuff until the police start chasing you, then start epic war with police. You can get away easily if you just crouch and keep riding the train through the tunnel... Easy five star wanted level.

Also, get sticky bombs and attach them to a car on the hill above the freeway, put the car in drive (or whatever it's called in the game) and let the car roll downhill onto the freeway and blow the bombs when enough traffic is around. Then run like hell or jump on the train. 😄

OrionNebula

Go north on the map and get on the train. Then start shooting at stuff until the police start chasing you, then start epic war with police. You can get away easily if you just crouch and keep riding the train through the tunnel... Easy five star wanted level.

Also, get sticky bombs and attach them to a car on the hill above the freeway, put the car in drive (or whatever it's called in the game) and let the car roll downhill onto the freeway and blow the bombs when enough traffic is around. Then run like hell or jump on the train. 😄
That train thing seems useful! 👍
Will definitely try it, for sure

I didn’t get that many in-game tips like this so far, in here

YCoCg

You bought yourself a broken game if you're just playing Single Player, a few updates for Online messed with certain parts of Single Player by accident, one bug even making completing the game impossible.

catvonpee

That train thing seems useful! 👍
Will definitely try it, for sure

I didn’t get that many in-game tips like this so far, in here
If it's cheap enough or you can buy it. Try getting the rail gun. I think maybe it was a pre-order bonus or something. But maybe you can buy it now? It blows everything up with one shot. 😆

Also fun is getting the blimp so you can get on top of the tall buildings and start sniping then parachute down to get away. I think maybe there is a wing suit but it has been so long I can't remember.

OrionNebula

You bought yourself a broken game if you're just playing Single Player, a few updates for Online messed with certain parts of Single Player by accident, one bug even making completing the game impossible.
Are you saying the game campaign cannot be completed nowadays? I find that hard to believe

YCoCg

Are you saying the game campaign cannot be completed nowadays? I find that hard to believe
Main storyline can be I guess, but there's a side mission and something else affected by the DLC files which if you play them in a certain order, they can't be completed.

Top Bottom