• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Financial Times: Trump's replacement for Michael Flynn doesn't want the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/AdamWeinstein/status/832386650210725889

C407PQuUcAADp31.jpg

@AdamWeinstein
Hahahahahaha
Hahaha
Hahahahahahahahahahaha
giphy.gif

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
This is starting to remind me of that one scene in Major League:

Charlie Donovan: Hello, Lou? This is Charlie Donovan of the Cleveland Indians. How would you like to manage the Indians this year?

Lou Brown: Uhhh, I don't know.

Charlie: What do you mean you don't know? This is a chance to manage in the big leagues.

Lou: Let me think it over, will you, Charlie? I got a guy on the other line about some whitewalls. I'll talk to you later.

Unfortunately this means the person who will eventually take the position will be somebody brutally unqualified for the job, but I guess that's the price you pay for integrity

Shoeless

Unfortunately this means the person who will eventually take the position will be somebody brutally unqualified for the job, but I guess that's the price you pay for integrity

This is probably true, but when the National Security Council is more about slowly integrating institutionalized, legally enforced and embraced racism and eventually cracking down on the press, you probably don't want someone who is actually GOOD at tactics and strategy to be in charge of the purges.

Steel

Banned
Well N.Korea did fire missile and Russia is currently taunting him with actions of their military. NSA would be handy to have right about now.

Eh, Trump all but said he plans to do fuck all about Russia other than making nice, and there's really not much to do about NK. Nothing for NSC to do.

kevin1025

Banned
Well N.Korea did fire missile and Russia is currently taunting him with actions of their military. NSA would be handy to have right about now.

True. I mean more imminent or pressing threats with casualties, it's been a fairly quiet couple of weeks on that front. Which is definitely good, of course, haha, just saying!

Unqualified people are easier to catch when they do shady things. They have no idea how the system works and that slows down their transition to the tyrant government that the GOP wants to have.

Lo-Volt

We have a national security apparatus that is cruel and simultaneously shitting the bed in its infancy. Feel safe yet?

slit

Trump is going to go ballistic on the media for this. A story of someone turning him down is a direct attack to his fragile ego.

Ithil

There is no point in joining this administration. You'll eat shit all day, get nothing done because the entire place is a mess and you weren't allowed to replace the idiot staff with your own competent people, your boss is a moron sitting around watching TV waiting to hear his name mentioned, and finally you're there to be a fall guy for their corruption and incompetence anyway.

darkwing

He wouldn't have if accepting the job meant taking hamstring from day 1.

------

Vice Admiral Bob Harward has turned down President Donald Trump's offer to be national security adviser, sources told CNN Thursday.

A friend of Harward's said he was reluctant to take the job because the White House seems so chaotic.

Developing story - more to come

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/16/p...-adviser-role1219AMStoryPhoto&linkId=34593420

lol it's a shit sandwich alright

Speaking of KT McFarland
McFarland made a racially tinged comment, suggesting Saudi Arabia is dishonest about supporting the agreement because ”they're Arabs" and ”not going to say to your face something that they know is going to upset you."
http://www.washingtonblade.com/2016/11/28/trump-natl-security-team-outed-gay-brother-dying-aids/

joaquin-yeesh-o.gif

goodness... makes you wonder who else Trump is working with that doesn't get that much attention like the specific others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom