• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Find A Game Only You Played (H.O.R.S.E. for Gamers)

Toxi

Banned
Monster's Inc. Scream Arena on the Gamecube

H

Monsters_Inc_Scream_Arena.jpg

A game featuring this little dude.

98a5QZp.jpg

By entering commands such as "forward 50", then "right 45", an then "forward 25" it does this

PYNhDNh.jpg
VKFA71V.jpg
Io9gQIC.jpg
and from here, you can create any type of art

It's from the Logo Foundation and it's essentially an educational bit of programming that mixes math, computer commands, and art. Might not be a game per se, since it's kind of like etchasketch with computer commands. But I would play the shit out of it when I was a tiny thing. Except I would put huge numbers in it and the turtle would go blasting off the screen. I seem to remember it being in color though.

I'm hoping that someone else has played this as well. I've been looking for any information on this for a very long time and I finally found it tonight while thinking of something I could add to the thread.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.

98a5QZp.jpg

By entering commands such as "forward 50", then "right 45", an then "forward 25" it does this

PYNhDNh.jpg
VKFA71V.jpg
Io9gQIC.jpg

It's from the Logo Foundation and it's essentially an educational bit of programming that mixes math, computer commands, and art. Might not be a game per se, since it's kind of like etchasketch with computer commands. But I would play the shit out of it when I was a tiny thing. Except I would put huge numbers in it and the turtle would go blasting off the screen. I seem to remember it being in color though.

I'm hoping that someone else has played this as well. I've been looking for any information on this for a very long time and I finally found it tonight while thinking of something I could add to the thread.

You have sparked a dim memory in me somewhere. I'm pretty sure we fucked around with this on Apple II's in grade school.

EDIT: You found the info? Post me a link. The "Right 25" was the angle, right? Dude.

Unison

Two more...

One is the Gamecube port of the Kururin series, which is one of my favorite underplayed gems... It only came out in Japan and was one of three import GC games I got (the other two are Doshin the Giant and the great Mr. Driller port with all of the extra modes). Nowhere near as wonderful as the all-time great Kururin Paradise on GBA, but definitely worthy!

256px-Kururinsquash_box.PNG

181216-kururin-squash-gamecube-screenshot-grab-coins-as-you-navigate.jpg

Second, I'll offer Future Classics Collection, as a test of whether or not it lives up to its name! This came out in the early 90s on PC. It was a set of 5 arcade puzzle games.

• DiskMan: Backup your computer disks; collect as many disks as you can, avoiding all hazards along the way and inserting the disks into the disk drive to open the exit to the next level.
  • Tankbattle: Work your way across a battlefield to capture the opposing coat of arms to open the exit to the next level. Avoid turrets, bombs, and other obstacles.
  • Lost 'N Maze: Quickly travel through the corridors of the maze until you locate the keys to the exit. Collect various power-ups and bonus points along the way.
  • Diet Riot: Put all the junk food stores out of business by having your man gather all the food crates for each store and throw them in the dumpster. Beware of junk food -- eating it slows you down and threatens you with a heart attack; you can "work out" using the exercise equipment to speed back up, as well as eating healthy food.
  • Blockalanche: An isometric-view Tetris clone, with the differences of being able to select your next piece (if you're quick enough) and being only able to rotate your block around one access

Lost N Maze was my favorite.

1184545974-00.jpg

future-classics-collection_3.gif

514524-future-classics-collection-amiga-screenshot-lost-n-maze-game.jpg

One more

VeAEaB2.jpg

abelkeO.jpg

Star Wars Droid Works.

Edutainment game where you build your own droids from assorted parts then put them through their paces in levels with various physics based and layout puzzles.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Two more...

One is the Gamecube port of the Kururin series, which is one of my favorite underplayed gems... It only came out in Japan and was one of three import GC games I got (the other two are Doshin the Giant and the great Mr. Driller port with all of the extra modes). Nowhere near as wonderful as the all-time great Kururin Paradise on GBA, but definitely worthy!

256px-Kururinsquash_box.PNG

181216-kururin-squash-gamecube-screenshot-grab-coins-as-you-navigate.jpg

Play it and still own it.

98a5QZp.jpg

PYNhDNh.jpg
VKFA71V.jpg
Io9gQIC.jpg

I don't think it's exactly the same software you used, but using a drawing library like this is a common technique in teaching programming. I came across it in this book on Python.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Played the heck out of this... I can still remember the theme song that played at the start. I liked how you switched from the overworld to the close-up of the tooth haha.
Damn!!!
Edit: lol! So close. Thought, no way in hell anyone played this

You have sparked a dim memory in me somewhere. I'm pretty sure we fucked around with this on Apple II's in grade school.

EDIT: You found the info? Post me a link. The "Right 25" was the angle, right? Dude.

http://el.media.mit.edu/logo-foundation/logo/turtle.html

Yep, that was the command for angles. Quite interesting how this started as a mechanical turtle

I don't think it's exactly the same software you used, but using a drawing library like this is a common technique in teaching programming. I came across it in this book on Python.

Ooh, interesting. I'll have to read up a bit more on this then.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

98a5QZp.jpg

PYNhDNh.jpg
VKFA71V.jpg
Io9gQIC.jpg

Oh yeah, Logo! My dad had downloaded it for me when I was a kid, so I could learn some programming. Sadly I couldn't be bothered to learn it properly.

My first game for the thread would be B-Hunter. I loved this game, but I've never heard any discussions about it.

19-front-1.jpg

How about claw?
Claw was a great game! It was as hard as it was good, and I only beat it thanks to the god mode cheat.

Unison

Anyone play Sorcerian? It was on the PC, released by Sierra... Only much later did I recognize it as an early Falcom game...

sorcerian.jpg

sorcerian2.jpg

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I'm missing left socks and some money. If you find them with all those games, let me know.

I think I might stop digging up shit and get ready for bed. People tomorrow are going to knock out some of your choices, man. This is still on. ;)

Went to computer trade shows with my Dad when younger, so I've probably played some old, strange stuff. Pity I don't know where my copy of this disk is anymore...

Top Bottom