• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Find A Game Only You Played (H.O.R.S.E. for Gamers)

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.

H-4: The busy world of Richard Scarry's Busytown. PC. The first PC game I ever played.
RichardScarrysBusytown.PNG

Ahahahahahaha! ;)

I really, really would like to know who made these games and what the hell are they coding nowadays lol

The Epyx guys. Yeah me too. I loved all their shit.

xgD2BTJ.jpg

Indiana Jones and his Desktop Adventures. Basically a randomly generated legend of zelda clone.

This game

Screenshot-5.png

Ehhhh, the Settlers may be a c-list franchise but I think it's known enough to at least have been played by a couple of people on GAF, myself included.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Either you're VERY good with photoshop, or, you win! Lol

I had to go digging real quick because I remembered having it but I went looking through old PC games first. I'm as shocked as you.

EDIT: I'm okay at Photoshop but not that good:

model13

Anyone else played this

superhero_league_of_hoboken.jpg

or what about this?

256px-Death_Gate.jpg

I was so excited when they announced a video game of my favorite book series of all time. Then I played the game. I think it may have been the first time a game made me cry tears of agony.

Imbarkus

I still own this. And those strange mini-CDs with a Pokemon labeled on them.

These ones?

EDIT: My "H" is looking pretty solid but maybe we should go like a day or something before we claim it. Or fuckit and make it up as we go whatever

Ahahahahahaha! ;)

The Epyx guys. Yeah me too. I loved all their shit.

OH FUCK IT ALL

ALL I WANT IS AN H D:

Joan of Arc, PC
Joan_Front.jpg

Snoopy's Game Club, PC
snoopys-game-club_1.png

Vexx, PS2
Vexx_Cover.png

Spongebob: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman PS2
Revenge.jpg

Math Blaster PC
Math_Blaster_Title_Screen.JPG

Marble Blast Gold MAC
Marble_blast_gold.jpg

3-D Ultra Minigolf Deluxe PC
130735_27800_front.jpg

Radio Control Racers PC
51VED6B46DL.jpg

I'm getting the feeling I'm not old enough to have a chance in hell at this.

Unison

I'll offer this unlicensed NES game:

krazy_kreatures.cover.front.jpg

36218-krazy-kreatures-nes-screenshot-line-up-monsters-six-in-a-rows.jpg

36217-krazy-kreatures-nes-screenshot-level-11s.jpg

You controlled a cursor and had to make lines of like objects to remove them from the board before it filled up with incoming objects.

I played the hell out of it... anyone else play it?

Imbarkus

OH FUCK IT ALL

ALL I WANT IS AN H D:

Spongebob: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman PS2
Revenge.jpg

You shouldn't have used those all on your H dude, I only got you on one of them. ;)

I still have the keyboard, the overlay and the cartridge. I love the keyboard. Never actually played the game though.

Also: Chips Challenge
Never ended both games, they are length and hard as hell

cc.png

Played on both PC and LYNX. Lynx version had awesome music. PC version had custom levels.

H-4: The busy world of Richard Scarry's Busytown. PC. The first PC game I ever played.

Played the PC version. Still have a few of the disks for it. Unfortunately, this game is nearly impossible to find or priced a little too high.

QnIYkV9.png

KYE. I don't think I'll be the only one to have played this, but it is a really weird little game from my childhood.

Unison

Not interested in playing the thread game, but I want to test the water and see if any muddaf*cker here knows this PoS:

Torins_Passage_cover.png

This is by no means an awful adventure game... Al Lowe, of Leisure Suit Larry fame, made it... I don't think it's obscure so much as old.

oVerde

Banned
QnIYkV9.png

KYE. I don't think I'll be the only one to have played this, but it is a really weird little game from my childhood.

I love KYE, had a nice level editor too :)

My last one!
This was the first game in a box I bought.

timelapse1l.jpg

The sad part? All games I posted here, never finished one :(

OH FUCK IT ALL

ALL I WANT IS AN H D:

Math Blaster PC
Math_Blaster_Title_Screen.JPG

Radio Control Racers PC
51VED6B46DL.jpg

How old are you, Explosionguy? I played the hell out of Math Blaster as a kid.

OVER HERE WE'VE GOT SPOT
OVER HERE WE'VE GOT BLASTERNAUT
OVER HERE'S G.C.
MATH BLASTER!

So good. And GC was a woman!

As for RC Racers, I always saw that at Target but never bought it, so, along with that giant barrage, you may get your H after all!

AH! So THAT was the name of the game! It's been nagging at me for a while now. I played that game a ton during my early childhood.

I still remember that cat guy going "Uh-oh!" if you cause an accident during the driving game. Good times.

AH! So THAT was the name of the game! It's been nagging at me for a while now. I played that game a ton during my early childhood.

I still remember that cat guy going "Uh-oh!" if you cause an accident during the driving game. Good times.

Glad my failure could be of service o7

Nags

Banned
Well the game wasn't finished and never got past alpha but this:

DeadRush_051304_01-98_320w.jpg

EDIT: I guess it doesn't really count...

Unison

Let's try two more, which are games I fondly remember, more than games I legitimately expect NO ONE to have played...

pic11.jpg

British_Open_Championship_Golf_screenshot.png

First up, British Open Championship Golf, which was a major bomb back in the days of CD-ROM PC Gaming. It essentially caused Looking Glass Studios (of System Shock, Ultima Underworld, Terra Nova etc) to cease publishing efforts.

It was very well made and didn't really deserve such an ignoble fate.

tombs.jpg

Tombs_and_Treasure_boxback.jpg

Untitled-1-550x.jpg

Tombs_&_Treasure_1.png

Second is Tombs and Treasures, a hybrid Adventure/RPG game for NES. It had an extremely novel setting and it's a rare RPG for NES, so I imagine it might have a cult following, but it capture my imagination as a kid (much like The Magic of Scheherazade and Destiny of an Emperor I/II), and I wanted to see if any GAF members remember it.

Brofield

Let's Explore The Airport! with Buzzy

10240-2T.jpg

lets-explore-the-airport-1.jpg

Pretty sure I'm only gonna be able to win this with kid's games from PC...

Imbarkus

Well the game wasn't finished and never got past alpha but this:

DeadRush_051304_01-98_320w.jpg

EDIT: I guess it doesn't really count...

Ooh you played Dead Rush I'm so jealous. Was truly looking forward to it.

Top Bottom