• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finland seems like a cool place even more now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasup

Since there is probably never going to be an Estonian-GAF OT , Im just gonna hide in some dark corner of this thread.

To be honest, there won't be a Finnish-GAF OT either any time soon. We had our fun already, now it's time to pass out in our drunken mid-winter haze and forget everything what's happened here.

Martal

Neo Member
To be honest, there won't be a Finnish-GAF OT either any time soon. We had our fun already, now it's time to pass out in our drunken mid-winter haze and forget everything what's happened here.

Im glad that this is a shared pass-time.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
There is no official organizer of the happening, so there's no properly organized toilets, garbage dispatch or security.

This is what Vantaa River looks day after:

kaljakellu2_540x405.540x405.jpg

images

So you would literally be up shit creek?

Sendou

Siis jos nyt vielä sen verran saan korjata, että tarkoituksena ei ollut olla negatiivinen :) Mainitsin vaan että, kun jotkut epäili että OT:a ei saisi pystyyn niin tämähän jo tavallaan suorittaa sen virkaa.

Mitä tulee suomeen niin yleisesti ottaen tuntuu erittäin oudolta käyttää sitä internetissä. Ei siinä muuten. Kaunis kielihän se!

E-Cat

Kyllä vaan. Yön filosofisina hetkinä tulee välillä hämmästeltyä, että miten sitä osaakin puhua näin outoa kieltä.

Jasup

Itseäni vähän jopa ärsyttää tämä ääri negatiivinen asenne joka monella suomalaisella on. Pitäisi ottaa tässä asiassa mallia tuolta atlantin toiselta puolen.

Ja heittää itseironia katuojaan? Itse olen kyllä pääasiassa nauttinut useampien suomalaisten lohkomasta tummasta, miltei mustasta, huumorista, joka kieltämättä on välillä aika omintakeista. Se on vähän niinkuin tunnettu vitsi kahdesta suomalaisesta, joista toinen sanoi ennen viidettä viinapaukkua: "kippis," ja toinen tokaisi siihen: "tultiinko me tänne juomaan vai juttelemaan?" Negatiivisuus on eräällä tavalla tavaramerkkimme, ainakin osaamme ottaa siitä usein ilon irti.

Toisaalta, toisessa ääripäässä on sitten Bat & Ryyd.

thejpfin

Mitä tulee suomeen niin yleisesti ottaen tuntuu erittäin oudolta käyttää sitä internetissä. Ei siinä muuten. Kaunis kielihän se!

Ainoastaan tällä sivulla suomen kieli tuntuu oudolta, mutta ei siinä mittään.
Tehdäänkös tästä sivusta Suomi-OT, voisi jopa toimiakkin koska niin helevetinmoinen määrä suomalaisia täällä Gaffissa.

faridmon

Finnish people are boring, like they aren't funny at all.

They do have great amazing bands, so all is forgiven.

EDIT: Yikes, came at the wrong time. Time to bail out.

zoukka

Those are obviously cherry-picked from the candidates of the parliamentary election; anyone who is eligible to vote is also eligible for candidacy so it attracts all sorts of types. Needless to say most of the people on that site didn't receive enough votes to get into the parliament; the True Finns' actual parliament members are somewhat more presentable, at least on their website: http://www.perussuomalaiset.fi/yhteystiedot/kansanedustajat/

Oh man you totally voted for the true finns didn't you?

Orcastar

Yuck, you could at least champion Housemarque (Super Stardust, Outland, RESOGUN), Facepalm (The Swapper), Bugbear (FlatOut), Frozenbyte (Trine 1 and 2), or RedLynx (Trials) over them lol

ibpTlpcBSoIUE6.gif

All bit players compared to Rovio and Supecell.
Monetarily speaking, that is; those are all great games.

And you forgot Almost Human, the developer of Legend of Grimrock, one of the best games of 2012.

Atruvius

Feels so weird to see so many posts in finnish here. I have been playing with the idea of making Finn OT for some while now. Didn't know there were so many finns here.

I guess this could be the OT.

Oh man you totally voted for the true finns didn't you?

He's right tho. That per-looks site was pretty damn disgusting, even if it was just a parody of hel-looks (hipster fashion from Helsinki). You can create a similar website from any large enough group of mugshots, if you just pick out the weirdest and funniest ones. If you want to attack True Finns (their international name is bloody stupid), there are so many better ways to do it...

DrM

Redmond's Baby
One question for people from Finland: What in the living hell happened with your ski jumpers?

Rad-

One question for people from Finland: What in the living hell happened with your ski jumpers?

Our most talented one was a fucking tool and ruined his career. Now we are sort of waiting for the next talented kid to come through.

Jasup

Did they look? And more importantly, did they learn? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HstlOVuu3I

I take the silence as an indicator of learning process. At least I like to think they learned that if you agree to wear a towel or swimming gear to sauna, because some might be a bit uncomfortable around nudity, it's good to tell everyone about it beforehand.

Also, I'm not an expert on these things. But I suspect trying to salvage the situation by drunkenly explaining that a penis is just a natural part of male anatomy and therefore there should be nothing to be ashamed of wasn't the most tactful thing to do.

Phinor

Since there is probably never going to be an Estonian-GAF OT , Im just gonna hide in some dark corner of this thread.

Man, I love Estonian language. Like every third word is completely understandable in Finnish, but trying to decipher what the other 66% words mean is all the fun. And most Estonian people seem to talk pretty quickly too, or maybe it's just me being slow trying to decipher the missing 66%.

I need to visit Estonia some day just to blow my mind walking in the street.

Tacitus_

He's right tho. That per-looks site was pretty damn disgusting, even if it was just a parody of hel-looks (hipster fashion from Helsinki). You can create a similar website from any large enough group of mugshots, if you just pick out the weirdest and funniest ones. If you want to attack True Finns (their international name is bloody stupid), there are so many better ways to do it...

FYI, their international name is "The Finns". I think the media came up with the True Finns stuff.

GCX

FYI, their international name is "The Finns". I think the media came up with the True Finns stuff.
Yeah, True Finns is a bit sensational name considering the direct translation is something like "The basic Finns".

I wonder though why they are always brought up in every Finland related GAF thread when similar parties exist throughout Europe. Every place has their fair share of idiots.

Oh and I gladly welcome Finn-GAF.

Sendou

I wonder though why they are always brought up in every Finland related GAF thread when similar parties exist throughout Europe. Every place has their fair share of idiots.

That and on the first page there seemed to be some confusion. They're not really comparable to the Sweden Democrats or similiar right-wing parties in Europe. The Finns Party (official English name according to their website) has some similiar traits but largely they're very different.

Few posts ago there was a couple of Finnish games mentioned. I'm definitely happy to see so many quality games still get made here. Some of the upcoming ones I'm looking forward are Quantum Break, Reset, Trials Fusion, Legend of Grimrock 2 and Bugbear's next game. Between those and Resogun it's looking pretty bright.

Kassu

Banned
Our most talented one was a fucking tool and ruined his career. Now we are sort of waiting for the next talented kid to come through.
It's a shame, I used to watch lots of ski jumping around when Ahonen was actually good at it years ago. Really underrated sport, usually it was more fun to watch than most of our hockey matches.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Not really sure what's your point here. That some people attending a beer floating event are idiots?

Just thought it was funny people were like "is finland racist" and there's a guy with a fake hitler mustache. Not something you'd see at any event, I guess.

Hitler stache and, at least looks lie, Nazi salute?

No salute I think, just bad capture.

Sendou

Hitler stache and, at least looks lie, Nazi salute?

You gathered Nazi salute from that? Sorry man but that's ridiculous.

I kind of agree with GCX here. Nothing better is to be expected and relation to the question about racism in Finland doesn't seem terribly relevant.

GCX

Just thought it was funny people were like "is finland racist" and there's a guy with a fake hitler mustache. Not something you'd see at any event, I guess.
Yeah I see your point. But that's kinda like doing a social study about US based on material from some Texas redneck festival.

fanboi

Banned
You gathered Nazi salute from that? Sorry man but that's ridiculous.

I kind of agree with GCX here. Nothing better is to be expected and relation to the question about racism in Finland doesn't seem terribly relevant.

No, I just pointed out that it could look like it, not saying I believe it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom