• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem 3DS bundle hitting NA

Chrom

Can anyone confirm if the game is pre-installed, or does it actually come with the physical game?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Oh. Well if it were an XL, I would have bought it.

Now, NoA. Maybe if you can give us the good 3DS along with a good color/design choice, I'll bite.

Kacho

Gold Member
Why no XL?

Anyway, I'm gonna have to put forth a lot of effort not to purchase this for collection purposes...

Chrom

Got excited for a XL color that doesn't suck.

Leave dissapointed.

...still kinda want it tho lol. Even if I've never been into FE before. Does this FE have the ability to grind without losing a character like Sacred Stones did? I know thats the point of FE, but and permanatly losing a character is fine, but no grinding is hard for me since I usually suck at RPGs despite playing alot lol.

Yes, you can grind in this one.

Akito

I don't mind it's the regular 3DS, I find the build quality of the 3DS XL somewhat lacking. Waiting for a EU release, don't really want to import an US 3DS, being able to play the US only game is nice and all but I don't want to import all of my games either.

BriBri

I was momentarily excited believing this would come to the UK (I still believe it will), but, alas, not an XL:(

Well damn, missed opportunity there not being an XL. Still, it will sell out, so whatever. Still great NOA is actually pushing this series for once. Hope this effort actually bears fruit though, which is hard to predict.

Socreges

Banned
You almost impressed me, Nintendo. Great bundle. Great design. Yet not an XL.

Really nice to know they're giving Fire Emblem this kind of treatment, though. I hope Awakening does really well in North America.

Luckily the OG 3ds is superior to the XL, so wins all around.
Huh

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I would buy it if I didn't already have the godly purple 3DS.

Chrom

Perhaps they have some leftover units from the Japanese version last year, like it happened with the Famicom GameBoy Micro.

Eh, I doubt that to be honest. It's a well known fact that the original Japanese Fire Emblem 3DS sold so well that it was beyond Nintendo's expectations.

zroid

Banned
Perhaps they have some leftover units from the Japanese version last year, like it happened with the Famicom GameBoy Micro.

I don't think so, that thing sold like hotcakes. They might have pre-allocated some for NA when they were manufacturing them back then, though.

RM8

Luckily the OG 3ds is superior to the XL, so wins all around.
:brofist:

---
Is there a way I can... transfer my digital copy of FE to another 3DS? I wish a download code would be included instead. I refuse to have a digital copy of Fire Emblem Awakening (or any game that is available on retail).

zroid

Banned
Sigh, the problem with this being pre-installed is I'd have to PLAY the game on this one instead of my XL.

fake edit: Or... I guess I could do a system transfer straight away.

BriBri

Isn't this an XL?
SCN_0211.jpg

Edit: shit, banned site, I'll upload it elsewhere... 2 mins...
Second edit. Here goes...
tumblr_mgfiur3KVl1rk0497o1_1280.jpg

Chrom

:brofist:

---
Is there a way I can... transfer my digital copy of FE to another 3DS? I wish a download code would be included next. I refuse to have a digital copy of Fire Emblem Awakening (or any game that is available on retail).

I believe so, yeah, that's what the System Transfer feature is for after all.

Sleepy

Crapped my pants, noticed it was not the XL, who cares, deathcobra offers new pic... between this and the ACNL thread, I cannot take GAF today.

Here, I'll add to the shit-stirring: Has this been posted yet?

51378PCoz0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Chrom

But that means the other 3DS will lose everything. Hmmm. I need a 3rd 3DS to completely "switch" between my aqua blue and my future gorgeous FE 3DS.

Oh, it would? I'm not entirely sure about everything because I never tried it between two 3DS systems firsthand. Keep in mind that you can only do the transfers five times per system.

tauroxd

Man... I really don't belevie all the love NoA are putting to sell FE. Yay for that. Won't get the bundle. After buying a Wii U and planning to have FE and GTA V on day 1 won't give me much money to buy another 3DS.

Top Bottom