• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem 3DS bundle hitting NA

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm glad that this is getting a release but I feel like it won't sell all that much. I could be wrong.

I'm more shocked that Nintendo is running a 4 page ad for fire Emblem. That is a pretty sizable ad buy!

Also: Put me on the "original 3ds is better than the XL" list as well. The image quality on the XL is too low for me personally.

VARIA

Well, there is no stock that needs "clearing." The XL wasn't a 3DS replacement, just as much as the iPad mini doesn't replace the normal iPad. Different sizes for different folks!

I wasn't clear but I was implying clearing stock for the inevitable 3DS revamp. Just like Nintendo did with the original DS.

Remember the Mario Kart bundles that came with a red DS fat? Then later they introduced the DS lite. Even before that Nintendo has a habit of introducing more colors/variants to their handhelds before the inevitable revision (play it loud gameboy series for example before the gameboy pocket).

whoa nice system but i already have a 3DS XL and can't go back to regular size :p

bummer its not a 3DS XL but i might be tempted since it looks cool

J9lev.jpg

...You are not making my decision any easier.

So pretty.

Anth0ny

God damn. That's pretty obscure for NOA standards.

Hopefully this means we'll get the Charizard and/or white 3DS XL sometime in the future.

Yawnier

Banned
I'm glad that this is getting a release but I feel like it won't sell all that much. I could be wrong.

It may not sell that much sure, but if the OOT 3DS bundle is anything to go by people will be trying to sell unopened bundles of this 3DS on Ebay in a price range from 2 to 3 times what it initially will be sold for, some couple years from now.

Drago

Makes me wonder what the inevitable Pokemon 3DS XL will look like.

I'm thinking a Blue/Black for X and a Red/Black for Y. Matches the colors of their respective logos and legendaries. Also fits NoA's MO of rereleasing currently existing XL colors for special bundles (see MK7 XL bundle) :p

Guys... I think I might be stopping by GameStop to see if they're taking preorders...

So long Cosmic Black, you have served me well.

Seems like NOA is really pushing this one. It would be cool if this game was a hit in the west.

They are pushing it in the last fucking moment. I don't expect that they set the world in fire.

Anyway, do want, but the DigitalCopyOnly is kind of Deal Breaker.

Bullza2o

Last year when this was released in Japan I really hoped this would come to NA.

This year I'm disappointed it's not an XL.

I'll wait for the Animal Crossing bundle.

Sora_N

Hmm actually I wonder what the price is, maybe I'll save up for one for collection purposes and resell in a few years.

Papstr

Neo Member
If there was ever something that convinced me it's time to grab a 3DS, this is definitely it. I must have this.

and I just bought My first 3ds =(
----

Never played a fire emblem game... so what are they like?

Manna from heaven converted to an interactive audio/visual format.

It's a strategy RPG series where you take turns with the CPU moving your players across a grid to reach enemies and such. It's famous for its difficulty and permanent character death! Read up!

Mr. Fix

and I just bought My first 3ds =(
----

Never played a fire emblem game... so what are they like?

Glorious.

- Characters (not generic units, also you have to recruit them, sometimes using specific characters)
- Classes (Dragon Knights, Fighters, Mages, Swordsmasters etc.)
- Grid system (moving them around the map a certain number of steps per turn depending on their class)
- Anime

Random footage for reference.

Which reminds me, I should start playing FE7 again before this is out.

A glorious and surprising announcement, but I'm still waiting for a purple or special edition XL. Will be mega jealous if I see someone with this.

Top Bottom