• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem 3DS bundle hitting NA

and I just bought My first 3ds =(
----

Never played a fire emblem game... so what are they like?

It's a strategy RPG series where you take turns with the CPU moving your players across a grid to reach enemies and such. It's famous for its difficulty and permanent character death! Read up!

Don't forget there will be a demo to try out, unless you're in Europe where no demo has been announced yet.

$10 for awesome colour and a design! I missed out on the Zelda one so I really wanna get this, not sure if I will though.

That's the Nintendo way! :p

But yeah, I bypassed the Zelda one as I already have my Cosmic Black. I prefer the dark blue of the FE bundle more. So yeah, gonna check if GS has a preorder sku and will probably go for this.

olimpia84

I can see this version going for a lot of money in a year or so once they sell all of them (like the OOT version). Looks great, but my next 3DS purchase will probably be an XL.

Cheska

Damn, sweeeet news! I already have two 3DS systems though :( I don't think I can justify getting a third though, especially when it's an original 3DS model.

GimMick

Are there people still buying the regular 3DS?
Well in Japan it's quite a sizable market, around 30-40% of the 3DS currently selling right now. Probably a bit lower in western markets but no idea, should still be a considerable base.

I think it's awesome that both 3DS froms can still get LE editions, it's just that the US has yet to see any LE reach its coasts (Europe has Pikachu 3DS), so I gather this is the real reason people are that much irritated in this thread.

I don't think I can justify getting a second 3DS right now, and especially not another US one (I had the intention to get an EU one instead, much later), not like I believe I could actually import it. But I would lie if I said I didn't want this one badly :p

Yup. That AC one is great.

Really?

animalcrossing_3ds.jpg

I'm not normally one of the "I can't imagine using that in public" people, but I would feel a bit silly using that one.

Eusis

I think that depends entirely on how well FE does. If that ends up a surprise hit here I could see similar pushes with other games.

... I wonder if FE's a physical copy or a digital copy bound to that system. Latter would really take the appeal out for anyone who doesn't mind blowing a bit just to have it AND a separate copy on 3DS XL.

Gradivus

What's the game sold in Japan so far? Any reliable numbers?

Over 420,000 m-create/famitsu around Aug (most likely sold another 20-30 thousand while off the charts, but we'll find that out once the Top 100 games list 2012 is released).

Also there was rumors of 30,000 FE bundles sold (the bundles were never counted into the tracking companies because they didn't have the info from the online sales).

Drago

Really?

animalcrossing_3ds.jpg

I'm not normally one of the "I can't imagine using that in public" people, but I would feel a bit silly using that one.

I don't know, I love it. It's a simple yet beautiful design and it's probably the only special edition 3DS out there that maintains a good look when closed and opened (most look really bad upside down when opened), and when you couple in the fact that this probably has a higher chance of release here than a regular white XL does, it's almost definitely a buy for me if it comes out here.

I can't let.

Even though I have a job(1 month now) and I bought myself a 3dsXl
But on the agreement I can't open it until my birthday February 6th

AC? What's that?
Animal Crossing and it's one of the game I will definitely download from eShop then a hard copy, other being Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

soultron

Banned
That's some hot shit right there. I think this marks the first time I'll ever be grabbing a system that has artwork from a franchise in it.

Already own a 3DS but oh well.

THANK YOU BASED NOA.

Sandfox

Oh God, why no XL bundle? I would totally have bought it. :(

They're basically just bringing over the Japanese bundle and I doubt they'd want to make a US exclusive bundle.for a game they don't know how well it will do. Hopefully the AC bundle will come over as well though(if this makes it over the AC bundle should as well).

RPGCrazied

They are being really confident with this game. They really never have with FE before? Custom 3DS, demo, art book. Maybe Nintendo will pimp out a cool commercial for it.

and I just bought My first 3ds =(
----

Never played a fire emblem game... so what are they like?

Have you played Advance Wars? It's exactly like that, only it's an RPG, so there are no expendable units, and each unit has a name and a face and a family to feed and you can't just pump them out of a factory. And it's easier than Advance Wars in my opinion because of the RPG format.

Eusis

The ad says it is preinstalled so digital.
Probably the worst thing about Nintendo moving to digital: cutting carts from these packages. :/

Which could also be the best thing for some, and even I might be onboard if they had a PSN/iOS like system where I could get both a 3DS and 3DS XL authorized so I could literally just use whichever I'm in the mood for, or as travel necessitates.

Eusis

It's a regular 3DS? Goddamn it NoA.
It IS faithful to the package Japan got, it's just FE came out a few months before the XL, so it didn't look ridiculous.

Of course, I guess they could do an XL easily here just by printing the graphic on the current blue 3DS XL, it is a rough match, maybe a bit lighter but that's it.

It's a regular 3DS? Goddamn it NoA.
It was a regular 3DS in Japan too. Dunno why anyone would expect not only to actually get something like this period, but a better version than what Japan got on top of that (not that it isn't disappointing, of course--it just was never going to happen, and it has nothing to really do with NoA, but if anything probably NCL as there's no way they'd let North America have something like that when Japan didn't and it would really be silly to try to sell an LL version of a system that already exists in Japan and would probably tick some people there off if they did, so...).

Eusis

So if I'm in the market to buy a 3ds, there's no reason to buy an unbundled one right now? Bundles are really usually the same price?
If you don't want the XL, no, not unless you're really picky about decals and color (though this is one combo I'd definitely want). If you want the XL though, well, you'd have to get them separately then.
It was a regular 3DS in Japan too. Dunno why anyone would expect not only to actually get something like this period, but a better version than what Japan got on top of that (not that it isn't disappointing, of course--it just was never going to happen, and it has nothing to really do with NoA, but if anything probably NCL as there's no way they'd let North America have something like that when Japan didn't and it would really be silly to try to sell an LL version of a system that already exists in Japan and would probably tick some people there off if they did, so...).
Even when you remove those factors though I think the original 3DS may still be selling better. It may well make more sense to just stick with this when they have a version already prepared, not that I imagine it takes much more effort to translate to 3DS XL.

Drago

So if I'm in the market to buy a 3ds, there's no reason to buy an unbundled one right now? Bundles are really usually the same price?
Yup

The SM3D and MK7 bundles were the same price as a regular XL and original, respectively. But this is a new release vs a year old game, so this may cost a bit more than usual. Probably nothing more than $10 or so dollars if there is a markup

Eusis

Ah, right, there's ALSO the angle this is pre-installed versus a cart. If that bugs you then you may want to stick with the system individually. Or if there's a minimal markup go crazy and buy separately too, whatever.

Top Bottom