• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

I was a little bit let down by the lack of a third pegasus knight in this game.
I don't really count Aversa

I was really hoping Phila was going to be the third one. Then it'd be a lot like Shadow Dragon with
Sumia -> Est
Cordelia -> Catria
Phila -> Palla

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I kinda like wyvern riders over Pegasus knights. Dat str and def.

Also theyre riding badass wyverns instead of wimpy Pegasus.

Sendou

So why don't people count
Cynthia
as the third pegasus knight? Granted they can't do tri-attack but still...

So why don't people count
Cynthia
as the third pegasus knight? Granted they can't do tri-attack but still...

Oh wow I totally forgot about her.

More or less I think it's because she's 2nd Gen, and at that point you could have like half your team be Pegasus Knights.

Jintor

being shot down by any fucking archer makes all flying units kinda blow

Even a level 17 knight can get her butt whooped by a level 4 archer with an iron-ass bow

Sendou

Even a level 17 knight can get her butt whooped by a level 4 archer with an iron-ass bow

You just have to be careful. DLC has a skill that negates the effect archers have against flying units.

Jintor

It's like, the advantage to flying units is manueverability, but a single archer can deny like half the map to them... sigh

If that DLC is out, it's not out in EU today. Or it might have been released today, I haven't checked the portal yet

Antiwhippy

Just clear out every archer first. I find that pretty easy to do. Then I let wyvern lord nowi clear up the rest.

The huge range even allows you to go to the edge of their trigger zone, and then just fly over to murder them on the next turn.

Their best asset is to ferry around your OP units anyway. Though wyvern lords can be pretty OP themselves.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
You just have to be careful. DLC has a skill that negates the effect archers have against flying units.

Thinking on it, I miss Hoplon Guard (or whatever it was called that negated crits) and Iote's Shield being items.

Skills are so essential in this game that barring getting the skill early enough in the main game (I think the enemy levels in smash 3 are 5-10 promoted), there's not really any need for Iote's shield as a skill anymore, since way better options are available. (and personally, due to the fact that a lot of other classes have way better caps, I'm not really using any falcon or Dark Knights at end-game)

I suppose it comes down to ease of accessibility for it vs. chugging/grinding for Galeforce.

zoukka

After chpt13 a lot of side missions opened up. Are these the ones you recruit the kids? I noticed very familiar looking characters in them but exited because I wasn't sure and want to think on the skills inherited first. There was no mention of parents in their stats like Lucina has on her...

Also can't decide where to marry avatar. Tharja is so obsessed, but Anna is just the coolest character in the fights. The marriages so far for me have been a bit boring. Especially Donny and Nowi lol.

Antiwhippy

After chpt13 a lot of side missions opened up. Are these the ones you recruit the kids? I noticed very familiar looking characters in them but exited because I wasn't sure and want to think on the skills inherited first. There was no mention of parents in their stats like Lucina has on her...

Also can't decide where to marry avatar. Tharja is so obsessed, but Anna is just the coolest character in the fights. The marriages so far for me have been a bit boring. Especially Donny and Nowi lol.

Donny and nowi suits each other so well though.

Yeah those side missions are children recruiting missions.

Damn i'm stuck in the Paralogue 17.

You need to protect tiki from her ritual

Any advice to succeed it? (i'm trying to level up all my characters)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I just put a unit on each side and used the rest to target the enemies with ranged attacks. There's usually (not always) just one per direction per turn

BowieZ

Banned
Question: in the barracks on the lower screen, are their comments actually based on what time it is on the system? Every time I play at night someone comments about how I'm up late.

m0t0k1

Question: in the barracks on the lower screen, are their comments actually based on what time it is on the system? Every time I play at night someone comments about how I'm up late.

I believe so when i play like 7 in the morning they say like you are up early ready for the day and stuff. and when playing in the afternoon it is isnt it too early to take a break back to work. etc

BowieZ

Banned
So what DLC packs do people recommend? In addition to Champions of Yore pack, we now have Golden Pack and Scramble Pack, or can buy The Golden Gaffe and Harvest Scramble individually for half price.

Jintor

Is there a trope for in-game characters telling me to go get some sleep, I've been playing for four hours straight? :/

Today is the day.

Gaius and Henry died on me early on...

Please tell me they are useless units, otherwise I'll regret not replaying those missions :(

Gaius is likely intended to be your go to unit to open doors and chests, especially when you run out of keys. He also continues the trend of being an awesome Thief/Assassin unit from previous games.

Henry can become a Sorcerer, which is the best class in the entire game, though he's not as good as your Avatar and Tharja.

Sendou

So what DLC packs do people recommend? In addition to Champions of Yore pack, we now have Golden Pack and Scramble Pack, or can buy The Golden Gaffe and Harvest Scramble individually for half price.

Scramble Pack definitely if you like the conversations.

Scramble Pack, definitely. Unless you have no love for the characters.

The Golden Pack is good for grinding: The Golden Gaffe for gold, EXPonential Growth for rapid low-level experience and Infinite Regalia for legendary weapons.

For future DLC, get Lost Bloodlines 2 for the Dread Fighter class and Smash Brethren 2 for the Bride class.

There's also Lost Bloodlines 3 for the Paragon skill (doubles exp) and Rogues and Redeemers 3 for the Limit Break skill (raises caps by 10).

Further down the line, there's the Future of Despair Pack (name might change), which contains a new storyline.

...And just for kicks, the very last DLC map (it's going to take ages to come out though) is worth buying just because of the scarily powerful enemies.

Despera

Banned
Gaius is my glass cannon god-king assassin right now.

Henry is shit but I haven't really been training him. He doesn't have the speed I need yet :/

Both have great supports though
Henry has the best supports in the game.
Today is the day.

Gaius is likely intended to be your go to unit to open doors and chests, especially when you run out of keys. He also continues the trend of being an awesome Thief/Assassin unit from previous games.

Henry can become a Sorcerer, which is the best class in the entire game, though he's not as good as your Avatar and Tharja.
Gaius is a muscular beast for me right now. But then again so is Henry, and of course Donnel. And Vaike. <_<
thanks a lot guys :(

btw, I
married Tharja to Fredrick
back when I didn't know what I was doing... FML

LuuKyK

My Tharja is pretty overpowered right now. She basically never dies using the dark magic which steals HP from the enemy. She also married Henry. :D

Donnel is the sleeping giant. He takes a few levels to get going but he is pretty much the best character in the game.

He's pretty much my boss slayer right now.

When he takes damage, it's fairly minimal. Emphasis on WHEN, cause he dodges everything ever in the entire world.

Draxal

Donnel is the sleeping giant. He takes a few levels to get going but he is pretty much the best character in the game.

He's not even close to the best character in the game. Chrom/MU/Sumia/Cordelia/Maribelle/Lissa/Gregor (amazing class choices) are all better in first generation. Most second gen characters are better as well.

CSX

He's not even close to the best character in the game. Chrom/MU/Sumia/Cordelia/Maribelle/Lissa/Gregor (amazing class choices) are all better in first generation. Most second gen characters are better as well.

*best character if you aint grinding for endgame DLC :p

Top Bottom