• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Joqu

Found it! And I ended up doing just that. Because the files aren't named, I had assumed that the system transfer included some important system-sd-pairing that shouldn't be tampered with. Guess not.

Backed it up and tried simply replacing the 2DS 2ca900d83112b5323030303000284245 folder with the 3DS fa2d00ac4760a300534430320002544d folder which apparently has my digital game save files. The folder I removed was about .3gb larger though, I wonder what I'm missing lol. Thanks for joining me in this little adventure.

Glad you were able to figure things out. You probably are missing something there though, did you keep that back-up? You never know.

(If I'm not mistaken you should be able to match up files if you think it's worth the effort, so I guess you could add save files that are missing on your other sd card if you want to. It's a bit of a gamble tho, those file names aren't easy to figure out.)

I don't think the FE4 patch has progressed much since 2007, and the FE5 one since 2008 or 2009. Perhaps someone else has picked up the project, but I wouldn't wait if you are interested in the games. Pretty sure the main stories are finished, plus the translation related to actual gameplay. You might be missing some support convos and things like that, but it has been years since I played FE4, and I never finished 5.

I don't know about FE5, but I just took a look and it seems like FE4 has a more up-to-date patch actually. This one hasn't been finished either tho.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=39994

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
While I was purchasing a couple of video game soundtracks in this Japanese import shop, I happen to stumble upon this arranged soundtrack (of the first Fire Emblem game), which was still in it's original packaging.

I have to say, the soundtrack sounds great, especially when you consider the time when it was released.
You purchased FE: A's soundtrack though, right?

Dresden

What do people like about Path of Radiance?

ryGSOuW.png

Radiant Dawn didn't happen!!!!

kswiston

Radiant Dawn was great. Tons of mission variety, a campaign that was twice as long as most of the other games, plus the return of the series' difficulty.

kswiston

Mia was better than Zihark. There I said it.

Also Nephenee was an absolute monster in RD. She could probably handle whole levels on her own.

I liked that Radiant Dawn had so many viable endgame units. But Mia was the best Swordsmaster. I actually preferred Edward to Zihark. He has great str and HP growth. You may have to sacrifice some party exp to get him going, but he can be quite strong.

What portion of fire emblem players are actually ok with letting their characters die? Everybody I know either obsessively resets.... or had never played before awakening and did so on casual. I'm curious if anyone has ever actually let a dead guy be dead.

I liked that Radiant Dawn had so many viable endgame units. But Mia was the best Swordsmaster. I actually preferred Edward to Zihark. He has great str and HP growth. You may have to sacrifice some party exp to get him going, but he can be quite strong.

I would like Edward better if he didn't block axes with his face in Part 1.

Gazoinks

What portion of fire emblem players are actually ok with letting their characters die? Everybody I know either obsessively resets.... or had never played before awakening and did so on casual. I'm curious if anyone has ever actually let a dead guy be dead.

I actually had trouble at the end of Sacred Stones because I let too many people die and had too few guys left. I usually roll with deaths unless it's someone I'm really invested in, feel like permadeath is part of the experience.

kswiston

No bros (or broettes) left behind for me.

There is one series fan on GAF who is pretty hardcore about playing in character though. If he loses a PC, they are gone. If he loses the map, game over.

I'll take Edward over Zihark (and actually use him because lord knows the Dawn Brigade needs help), but truth be told, I don't think much of the swordmasters in FE7-10. My extra love and care goes to the fliers, to the extent they even need it. I have a personal tradition of letting the Black Knight catch Zihark in his first level of PoR.

Mia has done just fine for me. I rarely use her though.

I'm pretty comfortable letting weak characters die, but that doesn't mean much when I wasn't using them anyway. On repeat playthroughs I will often adopt iron man rules. I think they're fun: they force you to approach maps in pretty different ways. And it's nice when a character you've previously ignored suddenly turns in a useful performance.

TWILT

Banned

I used to let a character die if I was pretty far in the map and they were a character I didn't really care about when I first started FE. Now though, no one gets left behind for me.

mstevens

Awakening was my first experience with Fire Emblem and I loved it. I currently have a 3DS, DS Lite and a Wii U. What would be a good Fire Emblem game to play next (that is reasonably priced)?

Lunar15

Path of Radiance is definitely my favorite FE. I think that Tellius is easily the most interesting world they've created, at least out of the ones I've played (all of the localized ones).

I really love Awakening, but I felt that it's main story was really lacking. It lacked some of the more interesting political aspects of the previous games. The cast was pretty great, however. I think I'll always prefer Senri Kita's art for the series over Awakening's, but I got used to it.

Of course, Ike is my favorite Lord.

iwxLr5igvIDSY.jpg

I beat Radiant Dawn the first time without Ike having Nihil because, like a fucking moron, I somehow removed it, thinking it'd just go back to some skill list somewhere. NOPE. And then I just forgot about it, and when I was having trouble with the
Black Knight
fight where
Mist
is with you, and reading how people said it was easy... I was flabbergasted. I beat that fight without Nihil and without using a Hammer. It took so long... so much healing...

And then the final battle. Oh, man. That wasn't pretty at all.

Lunar15

Gameplay wise, RD is a mess, but you can do some crazy things with some characters. Also, obligatory OP Harr = Amazing. The story was very satisfying in the end, and it's a great addition PoR.

Codeblue

My first run is always a "no man left behind" run. I'll do some runs where I let people die though. Specifically the hardest mode in Shadow Dragon because it's impossible without making sacrifices and you need to trim your party down to see some of the characters.

I love Fire Emblem.

No one ever dies on my team. EVER.

Beefy RD Ike is best Ike.

Put same sex relationships in the next one IntSys.

Riposte

well this became the Waifu Emblem thread relatively quickly.

I couldn't stand the Awakening OT. I hope this thread isn't like that. I don't want to judge some of you guys, but please don't tell me which cartoon character you are most sexually attracted to when I'm trying to read about SRPGs. No "dat ass", waifu, etc. please.

I generally try to avoid letting my characters die, but less so now than before. Before I wouldn't accept a single death.

Yes, Ike is best. Probably won't be in the next Smash though. (Which is fine if they finally decide to put someone other than sword users in)

Levyne

Banned
I couldn't stand the Awakening OT. I hope this thread isn't like this. I don't want to judge some of you guys, but please don't tell me which cartoon character you are most sexually attracted to when I'm trying to read about SRPGs. No "dat ass", waifu, etc. please.

This is my opinion (somewhat) as well. I don't understand the whole "waifu" thing and I doubt I ever will.

I couldn't stand the Awakening OT. I hope this thread isn't like that. I don't want to judge some of you guys, but please don't tell me which cartoon character you are most sexually attracted to when I'm trying to read about SRPGs. No "dat ass", waifu, etc. please.
The relationships between characters has almost always been a large part of Fire Emblem. I don't think you'll be able to get away from it, especially since it most certainly was a huge aspect of why Awakening did so well.

Just enjoy the aspects of the series you like and let others enjoy what they like.

Ike is the series best Lord. IS needs to stop pushing Marth. I know he was first, but he is sort of crap.

Agreed. Marth has a boring personality, and he's not good enough in combat to make up for it. I would take almost any of the other lords over Marth as series mascot.

Riposte

The relationships between characters has almost always been a large part of Fire Emblem. I don't think you'll be able to get away from it, especially since it most certainly was a huge aspect of why Awakening did so well.

Just enjoy the aspects of the series you like and let others enjoy what they like.

IIRC, it has never been quite like this. We are in full-blown harem anime fandom territory. Maybe it has something to do with the art design, avatar use, etc. And people can like whatever they want, but I won't eat where they shit, so w/e. This thread doesn't necessarily have to be exactly like the Awakening OT, so maybe there is hope, that is all.

TWILT

Banned
When people talk about "waifus", it's always in good fun anyway. Some people need to chillax.
Ike is the series best Lord. IS needs to stop pushing Marth. I know he was first, but he is sort of crap.
Agreed. Marth is so boring. Ike really is the best.

Top Bottom