• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Really, between Ike's Fire Emblem, Codename STEAM and #FE cameos, I kind of find it annoying that they chose him instead of the other original Smash Bros. characters to whore out constantly. Why not give Roy or Shulk some of that spotlight?

image.php

CarJeter

Neo Member
Ugh, I really want a PoR/RD remaster and maybe remake storywise for RD lol.

I still like to play them but I kind of wish to play them with better graphics and animations. Also doesnt hurt to have a Fire Emblem on a console.

NeonZ

Really, between Ike's Fire Emblem, Codename STEAM and #FE cameos, I kind of find it annoying that they chose him instead of the other original Smash Bros. characters to whore out constantly. Why not give Roy or Shulk some of that spotlight?

Huh? I don't remember seeing anything about Ike there. Still, the same goes to Marth, Lucina and Robin too, so they'll likely be tied to the Amiibos...

PK Gaming

Really, between Ike's Fire Emblem, Codename STEAM and #FE cameos, I kind of find it annoying that they chose him instead of the other original Smash Bros. characters to whore out constantly.

Well, Ike's an IS character which gives him an immediate leg up on the competition, and he's definitely a better fit in those games than most of the Smash cast. I mean, who else did you have in mind? Surely not Roy righ-
Why not give Roy or Shulk some of that spotlight?

No! Roy's lame!

Golnei

Well, Ike's an IS character which gives him an immediate leg up on the competition, and he's definitely a better fit in those games than most of the Smash cast. I mean, who else did you have in mind? Surely not Roy righ-

No! Roy's lame!

Ike qualifies as a HAL character; even if IS developed most of the games he appeared in after his debut, he still was originally designed by Sakurai.

And you're being too harsh on Roy - he's only ever appeared in one non-Smash game, and even there he wasn't playable. I'm sure he'd be a well-written, engaging and useful character in any game he'd show up in.

L95

Gaius, Lucina, Marth (his UR), and Tiki card sleeves up on AmiAmi for preorder.

Thanks for the heads up, might get Lucina and Tiki sleeves....

EDIT:
Oh, good, they come out in september with the next card set, they can ship together.

Draxal

EDIT:
Oh, good, they come out in september with the next card set, they can ship together.

Yeah, I was checking hoping for a restock of the Marth/Chrom starter deck sleeves and saw them (which I gave up on and went through Amazon UGH).

I'm kinda bummed as that means no Kamui starter deck sleeves for September.

FE manga confirmed for serialization on Monthly Young Magazine. Story by Shin Kibayashi, Illustration by Kozaki Yusuke. And apparently the concert is recorded, so there's might be a chance of BD release.

edit: actually some tweets didn't say which FE, but since Kibayashi is writing, most likely it's FEif... and some do say it's FEif indeed

StayDead

My Cipher booster box came today. So many lovely cards with so much lovely art. I got a foil Chrom, Lucina, Nono, Minerva and a load of others. I'm gonna have to photo them all at some point.

FE manga confirmed for serialization on Monthly Young Magazine. Story by Shin Kibayashi, Illustration by Kozaki Yusuke. And apparently the concert is recorded, so there's might be a chance of BD release.

edit: actually some tweets didn't say which FE, but since Kibayashi is writing, most likely it's FEif... and some do say it's FEif indeed

Finally. Been waiting for this : D

Has Yusuke Kozaki done any manga before? I only know him from NMH and FE.

StayDead

EDIT:

Those sleeves are really nice, but then I looked at my September preorder list. 322 GBP worth of gear. I think the next set of cards and sleeves will need to wait. Unless I can get a job.

ranmafan

I was at the concert and it was indeed recorded. They recorded everything, and I must say it was an incredible concert! The best I've ever been too. The music was excellent and the extras like the mini drama and talk show were quite nice. They even had a word about Iwatas passing at the beginning. I really hope they do release the concert on video because I certainly want to see it again. Especially when they did the cm theme song. Such a wonderful event, absolutely fantastic!

Lunar15

I was at the concert and it was indeed recorded. They recorded everything, and I must say it was an incredible concert! The best I've ever been too. The music was excellent and the extras like the mini drama and talk show were quite nice. They even had a word about Iwatas passing at the beginning. I really hope they do release the concert on video because I certainly want to see it again. Especially when they did the cm theme song. Such a wonderful event, absolutely fantastic!

Holy shit, you went? Awesome!

Ok, now level: what songs were played?

Draxal

You are the most envied person in this thread.

ranmafan

The website has the full listing of the songs, listed in Japanese and English too but they played a selection from the entire series. The ending was the best where they recreated the cm with even the big screen behind then displaying the lyrics for people to sing. But everyone was listening mainly. I loved the mini talk show where sakurai came on and everyone made some smash bros comments. If I remember correct he asked what everyone's first fe game or experience was and I think he jokingly said melay. Also loved when Renka came on to perform her song. She came out in a beautiful dress behind the orchestra and her singing was mesmorizing.

I got some goods and even won a signed poster. It really was an amazing concert, very exciting, the crowd was really into it too. I was even surprised to see many other foreigners there. I'm so glad I went!

The website has the full listing of the songs, listed in Japanese and English too but they played a selection from the entire series. The ending was the best where they recreated the cm with even the big screen behind then displaying the lyrics for people to sing. But everyone was listening mainly. I loved the mini talk show where sakurai came on and everyone made some smash bros comments. If I remember correct he asked what everyone's first fe game or experience was and I think he jokingly said melay. Also loved when Renka came on to perform her song. She came out in a beautiful dress behind the orchestra and her singing was mesmorizing.

I got some goods and even won a signed poster. I'll try to post a pic but have to figure it out since I'm posting on my phone now. But yeah this concert was just amazing!

oh wow cool. i wonder if they'll keep some surprise for tomorrow's sessions as well. and grats for getting the signed poster

ranmafan

oh wow cool. i wonder if they'll keep some surprise for tomorrow's sessions as well. and grats for getting the signed poster

I think they will. Also I wonder if they will record tomorrow too. One thing I thought was interesting was that only until yesterday tomorrow's first session was the only one sold out. I'm not sure why but maybe cause that one has some of the cast from awakening in it. But I don't know. Tonight's looked sold out for sure. Very packed place. Everyone was excited to see the if case that was there tonight as well. And the reaction to the manga announcement was quite big and happy.

By the way here is the list of songs that was played tonight:

http://www.fe25thevent.com/event/event1.html

Although the cm theme grand finale is not listed here, and if's theme is not included in the list (but is mentioned below it), but they were indeed in the program.

I think they will. Also I wonder if they will record tomorrow too. One thing I thought was interesting was that only until yesterday tomorrow's first session was the only one sold out. I'm not sure why but maybe cause that one has some of the cast from awakening in it. But I don't know. Tonight's looked sold out for sure. Very packed place. Everyone was excited to see the if case that was there tonight as well. And the reaction to the manga announcement was quite big and happy.

pretty sure the 1st session for tomorrow is the 1st one that sold out, since it features Kobayashi Yuu & Takehito Koyasu. and I think today's slot isn't sold out according to the site. but yeah, kinda happy that the fans received well the manga announcement. Honestly I really want them to release BD for the concert, along with the talk shows and mini dramas.

edit: someone tweeted the order from the gaiden soundtest of which it appears on the gaiden medley song
https://twitter.com/shogouki/status/624569877500575744

ranmafan

pretty sure the 1st session for tomorrow is the 1st one that sold out, since it features Kobayashi Yuu & Takehito Koyasu. and I think today's slot isn't sold out according to the site. but yeah, kinda happy that the fans received well the manga announcement. Honestly I really want them to release BD for the concert, along with the talk shows and mini dramas.

Yeah it said that and still does, but I'm going to go out and say from observation that it probably sold out just before the event. There were quite a few people with standing tickets and every seat was filled except for the ones not for sale.

Same here about a BD release. They were showing the filming on the in the hall and it looked quite well and professional. This concert really deserves to be released. Every fire emblem fan should get a chance to see it. It was that good!

I got some goods and even won a signed poster. It really was an amazing concert, very exciting, the crowd was really into it too. I was even surprised to see many other foreigners there. I'm so glad I went!

Amazing. Thanks for your pics and impressions ^^

Wow, lucky! May I use your photo of the signed picture for reference?

Huh, did you get two different booklets or are they the same booklet? I don't recognise the left one.

EDIT: Oops, I assume it's a bag, clear file or something else XD

ranmafan

Amazing. Thanks for your pics and impressions ^^

Wow, lucky! May I use your photo of the signed picture for reference?

Huh, did you get two different booklets or are they the same booklet? I don't recognise the left one.

When you entered the concert hall they gave everyone one of those Clear file folders everyone here in Japan loves. Very nice one too. Also I should mention inside it was some pamphlets for a t shirt from "the king of games", the event itself, and a special fire emblem cypher card.

Sure you can use the pic. Was glad I won it. Had to buy both the pamphlet you see in the photo on the right and the cd in order to try the raffle to get it. It was certainly my lucky day

Oh here is one more pic from inside the hall.

When you entered the concert hall they gave everyone one of those Clear file folders everyone here in Japan loves. Very nice one too. Also I should mention inside it was some pamphlets for a t shirt from "the king of games", the event itself, and a special fire emblem cypher card.

Sure you can use the pic. Was glad I won it. Had to buy both the pamphlet you see in the photo on the right and the cd in order to try the raffle to get it. It was certainly my lucky day

Oh here is one more pic from inside the hall.

Thanks, I figured it out afterwards XD

Nice, I saw pics of those in Twitter. I assume I'm not blind and those are replica models right? Man, I'd love to hold one of those and pretend to be a Fire Emblem hero : P

ranmafan

Thanks, I figured it out afterwards XD

Nice, I saw pics of those in Twitter. I assume I'm not blind and those are replica models right? Man, I'd love to hold one of those and pretend to be a Fire Emblem hero : P

I believe they were replicas. I had to hurry to take the picture since I wanted to rush to the goods booth (which was packed) to get the necklace just in case it sold out, so I only got a brief glance while taking this pic.

Lunar15

So yeah, looking at the list, there is some variety. It's not bad list.

The GBA games got a battle medley which is pretty neat, as those games had really fun battle themes. Really, I'd say the GBA games came out pretty well.

Tellius games got Life Returns and Eternal Bond, which is actually about what I expected. I'm assuming they had to get someone to come out and sing japanese backwards? Life Returns has always been kind of an interesting song to me because it's actually a pretty modern song for a medieval game like FE.

I think the highlight, for me, would be "The Final Holy War" from FE4. Sure, I've heard it orchestrated before, but in person would be great.

A lot of songs on there I just don't recall name wise. If I heard them it'd probably be fine. The most glaring omission that I can see is no Together We Ride. Maybe it's under a different name in Japanese?

Shengar

RIP Donyatsu ;__;

L95

A lot of songs on there I just don't recall name wise. If I heard them it'd probably be fine. The most glaring omission that I can see is no Together We Ride. Maybe it's under a different name in Japanese?

Together We Ride's Japanese title is "Let's go Together" (Literally, IIRC, the JP FE7 sound room lists that English name.)

I think anyway, I feel like I may be getting something mixed up here for some reason.

EDIT: By the way, what songs were in the Gaiden story medley? There are a few songs in Gaiden I'd love to hear like that, there are some great overworld themes and the final map theme is awesome (as far as the NES goes, anyway)

ranmafan

Ah looks like a picture from the end. Wish I had taken one then. I did take one from the concert before it started but it wasn't a very interesting one. I really liked the screen they had behind it. They would display the art from the games while the songs were being played. Such a lovely concert. Really wish I had been able to get tickets to today's show as well, but I'm so glad I got to enjoy last nights. Now let's hope for a bd and or cd release soon!

Golnei

Two songs from Tellius is okay; but I was really hoping for a medley, so that some of the less prominent map and character themes would have a chance at being orchestrated. Maybe next year?

(Also, did they use an actual accordion for 'id'?)

there are some great overworld themes and the final map theme is awesome (as far as the NES goes, anyway)

A live arrangement of Gaiden's final map theme would be fantastic - I'm going to blame you personally for the crushing disappointment when it turns out to have been absent.

jnWake

So, I'm playing FE8 for the first time now. It's pretty good so far. I like the map and the story's fun.

Chapter 6 is kind of bullshit though. Damn Fog of War and a guy with a Halberd. Poor Franz ;_;

Top Bottom