• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Gazoinks

It helps that most of your party is on horseback.

Seriously. If everyone was just walking around on foot like losers, it'd take fooooreveeer. Are there mounted offensive mages?

Random question! Are there any FE games where you don't fight monsters? 'cause in Sacred Stones my interest dropped significantly once they rolled out the monsters. No more weapon pyramid, no more politics, just "Go kill the evil dudes cause they're evil".

Best RPG series around.

Except maybe the Kiseki (Trails of) series. In which case... best internationally released RPG series!

Random question! Are there any FE games where you don't fight monsters? 'cause in Sacred Stones my interest dropped significantly once they rolled out the monsters. No more weapon pyramid, no more politics, just "Go kill the evil dudes cause they're evil".
Only Gaiden, The Sacred Stones and Awakening have monsters.

Seda

Yeah. It would be fine if it was a little more explicit, maybe. And there are some parts that you can get an interesting little conversations but I'm unsure whether it was actually required for the reveal, such as Soren attacking Pelleas or Pelleas attacking Izuka. All the little things were interesting though and really felt good to finally get that last little bit of text at the end..

Yes, having Pelleas attack Izuka I don't believe is required for anything, but it just feels right to see that conversation.

akaoni

Banned
They've already been present in previous FE games.

Now they just need to make them accessible to the player.

I should've clarified, I felt it was more of a NoA/NoE issue. Have they ever attempted it there? I feel they don't have the balls to do it internationally. I do recall when checking for censorship that were some kind of localisation in one of the games that more or less changed the implication of one female character saying she preferred women.

If I may use Square Enix as a recent example, they won't include same-sex stuff in FFXIV because of what they feel is a sales issue in certain locations from what I understood.

It would be really cool.

Seriously. If everyone was just walking around on foot like losers, it'd take fooooreveeer. Are there mounted offensive mages?

Mage Knights are them, which are promoted Fire Mages.

Master Knights which can use literally almost everything and they promote from Princes and Princesses.

Guys? Hey guys...surely you all remember the best
most despicable
playable character in Radiant Dawn?

Ferd-oliver.jpg

1381367497295.jpg

I should've clarified, I felt it was more of a NoA/NoE issue. Have they ever attempted it there? I feel they don't have the balls to do it internationally. I do recall when checking for censorship that were some kind of localisation in one of the games that more or less changed the implication of one female character saying she preferred women.

If I may use Square Enix as a recent example, they won't include same-sex stuff in FFXIV because of what they feel is sales in certain locations from what I understood.

It would be really cool.

RD has some pretty obvious subtext but it's not really central.

Levyne

Banned
Did anyone legitmately use that doofus? Lol. He doesn't even have the backstory and badassery that Renault has (whom I once used to finish Nergal, felt great tbh)

Levyne

Banned
It's too bad Tormod has such terrible availability and if you want a fire mage you might as well use Sanaki :(((((((

He's nice to baby up to usefulness every third playthrough or so.

It's too bad Tormod has such terrible availability and if you want a fire mage you might as well use Sanaki :(((((((

Tormod was an absolute beast in PoR.

In RD, his availability made him pretty much useless. =(

Let me try to remember...
Ike
Rolf
Shinon
Boyd
Oscar
Lethe

Thats all I can recall, I just don't remember, and don't have a way to check at the moment.

I've never used Shinon, but those others are all great units IMO! Rolf had the most kills for me in RD. And Boyd was always a monster -- I believe he ended up with the highest damage output of any of my characters in PoR. Great unit.

The only good thing that Sanaki can do is hit hard. Her strength is so terrible, she can't wield even her own personal tome without being slowed down.

Tormod and Callil are better fire mages than her.

Levyne

Banned
Nah. I'm not saying she's the better unit. Just you have to have her anyways, and Tormods not significantly easier to use.

Gazoinks

Mage Knights are them, which are promoted Fire Mages.

Master Knights which can use literally almost everything and they promote from Princes and Princesses.

Sweet. Just from a glance at the first level, there seem to be a lot more classes than the GBA ones I've played. Don't remember there being weapon-specific knights.

PsionBolt

Which of the Japanese only titles do you guys think is most worth the time?

FE5 is the best game in the series.
It's 100% pure strategy. Every map is challenging in its own way. There's a greater focus on items and weapons instead of stats; often proficiencies and personal weapons are the most important factor in deciding which characters are worth using. Putting those together, and aso factoring in the fatigue system, you end up using a much more varied team than usual throughout the game. It's also the game with the hardest limitations: you're always strained for EXP, money, items and weapons, everything. The Capture system is an absolute necessity, both to get certain characters and gaiden chapters, and often just keep yourself well-equipped.

Sweet. Just from a glance at the first level, there seem to be a lot more classes than the GBA ones I've played. Don't remember there being weapon-specific knights.

There's more classes but you don't really get a lot of options per class. You usually just have one of everything but the game basically allows you to use everybody you have and there's an arena in the base on every chapter so not everybody will fall behind.

Besides your armor knight.

Does anyone have a favorite map?

Mine has to be either 12 or 13 from Radiant Dawn. Such difficulty and having underpowered units.

MogCakes

I just got Awakening yesterday but haven't started it yet. I'm thinking of going with the non-perma death route. Does this make me a bad person?

Not a bad person, but you won't feel the emotional impact of seeing your characters get eviscerated when you make a strategic mistake :p (play on Lunatic)

Top Bottom