• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Direct - January 18th, 4PM CST (Japan confirmed, FE Mobile unveiling)

JB2448

Fire Emblem is a big franchise in Japan too. If they feel there's nothing to share with the Japanese audience, then there isn't much to expect.
Or, alternatively, most of the info will be related to Warriors and Koei Tecmo doesn't want to do things in a traditional Nintendo Direct fashion for Japan (yes, I know of the Zelda Musou Direct). I have a feeling it'll be the same deal as Hyrule Warriors in regards to publishing, with Koei Tecmo handling it in Japan, and Nintendo handling it outside of Japan.

TDLink

Well, it is a trend that pretty much became a thing to expect from Directs in the last few years: No Japanese announcement pretty much equated with no other new game announcements or surprises.

I'd certainly love that trend to change, though.

Fire Emblem is a big franchise in Japan too. If they feel there's nothing to share with the Japanese audience, then there isn't much to expect.

We know nothing about FE Warriors yet and they said this direct will have new info on FE Warriors. That means we're getting new info on FE Warriors. That's enough for me even if nothing else.

Or, alternatively, most of the info will be related to Warriors and Koei Tecmo doesn't want to do things in a traditional Nintendo Direct fashion for Japan (yes, I know of the Zelda Musou Direct). I have a feeling it'll be the same deal as Hyrule Warriors in regards to publishing, with Koei Tecmo handling it in Japan, and Nintendo handling it outside of Japan.

I feel this is the more likely the situation. With HW the reveals were always via Famitsu and/or a Koei released youtube video.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/fire-emblem-warriors-switch#game-details

Check page source. Ctrl+F 'fates'

Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation for Nintendo Switch.

Those who called it get a cookie.

hctiws_setaf_2.jpg

I hope Nintendo sheds some light on its Fire Emblem mobile game, which was delayed last year along with Animal Crossing in order to get Super Mario Run out first (according to Polygon http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/7/12837184/animal-crossing-fire-emblem-android-ios-delay) Nintendo also went on to say that both games would be out by the end of March as well. I was kind of hoping that Nintendo was going to release a Mobile and a Switch version of Fire Emblem with some features that connected them together.

Vena

That has to be a mistake and/or oversight. The rest of the info for Revelations right under "for Switch" relates to the 3DS and release date last year.

Mik317

hmm

i'm okay with this.

I had been meaning to get back to fates; I had stopped it due to me hitting the power button during a long mission.

so yeah

shit bring #FE too

Bad7667

So the Fire Emblem they announced at the Switch reveal is a port of the 3DS version?

Another port? Or there are two games?

Not interested in 3DS ports so I don't care if Fates is getting ported or not.

All I care is Warriors, and we are getting just that so I'm happy. I just hope they show more than a few seconds of gameplay.

shingi70

Banned
So the Fire Emblem they announced at the Switch reveal is a port of the 3DS version?

Two games

The game at the switch Reveal was fire emblem warriors, and presumingly a Fire Emblem Fates both edition will be announced Wednesday.

FE Warriors is a new thing. Fates for Switch appears to be a quick port.

This could just be a mistake in the site's source code, but it makes also sense to do from Nintendo's side. IS re-releases Fates again, in HD, with all the routes and DLC included for, what - $60US? There's no boxed version of Fates called Revelation...

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/fire-emblem-warriors-switch#game-details

Check page source. Ctrl+F 'fates'

Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation for Nintendo Switch.

Those who called it get a cookie.

hctiws_setaf_2.jpg

Could this just be the "third version" and not a complete edition? (I know that Revelation was already the third version, but I'm just talking about how Pokémon does their releases.) Like how Pokémon does it? I would hope a Switch port would have them all on one cart at $40 or maybe $60.

Josephl64

Might skip it just because I haven't been feeling the 3DS games, then again a bad FE is still a good RPG. I guess I will know if I'll get it when it comes out.

Still interesting though, can't say I expected a port of that to Switch despite it not seeming like a bad idea given how much it sold.

So maybe it is

1. FE mobile, details, release windows
2. FE Revelations Switch, complete package, release date (Between March and June)
3. FE Warriors gameplay, release window (lholiday 2017)

Bad7667

Oh ok thanks guys. I was worried I was excited for no reason. Can't wait for the direct.

I wonder if the 3DS game is real if we will get it for launch or close too. I haven't had the time to buy/play Fates, but if it's close to launch, that would be awesome. Something to play after Zelda.

I was hoping for localization of one of the JPN only Fire Emblem games like Earthbound Beginnings.

O well :( Guess I might need to visit fan translations.

I checked the Farming Simulator for Switch page as a lark, and 'Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo for nintendo switch' came up.

This is a really good way to fuck with people if you're so inclined.

I'm leaning on the FE Direct being FE Warriors, FE Fates DLC and maybe VC releases of some kind, if it's just America only.

Neoxon

Other than the Corrin amiibo I wouldn't know what else to put!
They'll probably save the reveal of his Amiibo for whenever the Smash 4 port gets announced. That said, we could get a tease of it like what PlatinumGames did with the Bayonetta Amiibo.

Actually, throwing both Male & Female Corrin into a two-pack would be a great way to get a string of alternate Smash 4 Amiibos going. Everyone wins in this scenario......except our wallets.

I realize that to many fans, the end result is far removed from its crossover sources, but it'd be amazing if they revealed a Tokyo Mirage Sessions Switch port.

Strimei

Well, hopefully we have something coming besides the Musou.

I dunno, I wouldn't expect much of anything, particularly if Japan doesn't have anything. While Fire Emblem certainly has increased in popularity worldwide, I highly doubt they'd announce anything outside of Japan first.

Now back to wondering the relevance of the Direct again...
Looks like there is none. Would they really talk about FE Warriors and not relay it to the Japanese audience? FE is big in Japan.

Now I know the FE Direct was announced during the FE Warriors segment of Treehouse which makes you believe it will be there. Still weird though to leave Japan out.

CSX

Dream direct while being a
tiny
bit realistic

- Show off gameplay + characters of Fire Emblem Warriors

- Show off Fire EMblem Mobile

- Reveal release date of last DLC for Fire Emblem Fates

- A teaser trailer for the next mainline FE for Switch.

Top Bottom