• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia Leaked

Strings

Gee whiz. God forbid the canon ages are spoiled for everyone...

EDIT: Wait, you buried the lead. Literally the game itself has been leaked. I... I have to go return some videotapes.

Neoxon

The leak for this game also confirms that both versions of Corrin, male & female, are getting Smash 4 Amiibos.

C8fTzryXoAEUgnm.jpg

Can there really be spoilers for a remake of a game from 25 years ago?

There's a lot of new story content with new Supports and Base Conversations. The bones are there in the original but there's actual meat this time around it seems.

Plus hardly anyone's played Gaiden, it's a pretty poor game all things considered so this remake for the vast majority of people is basically a new FE game.

Erheller

I really liked his work in the Dusk Atelier games, and I'd kind of prefer he stay as the main artist for Fire Emblem.

Fire Emblem games usually get different artists every time they jump to a different generation (or sometimes even sooner).

Not sure about the Kaga Emblem games, but here are the Fire Emblem games that had the same main artists.

6+7
9+10
11+12
13+14

But yeah, Hidari's art is amazing. I hope she stays for at least another game, hopefully more.
FE4 with Hidari art pls

Safros

Music and some other stuff seem interesting, but this'll probably be the first FE I don't bother with unless it gets really good impressions. Tired of the 3DS at this point and the more I see of the portrait art the more unappealing its general artstyle becomes. I sincerely hope this is a one time spin-off thing.

Eusis

But yeah, Hidari's art is amazing. I hope she stays for at least another game, hopefully more.
FE4 with Hidari art pls
Man, the name looked female, but I swore I saw her referred to as "he" somewhere, but when I search again I see she. Maybe it was some other artist...?

But yeah. I liked Kozaki's art but was kind of annoyed with some design calls, so I'm glad they changed it up.

Clefargle

The leak for this game also confirms that both versions of Corrin, male & female, are getting Smash 4 Amiibos.

C8fTzryXoAEUgnm.jpg

So this means that the leaked Amiibo filing showing 4 new amiibo was probably not indicative of a new character in Smash 4 Switch like a lot of people assumed?

Wilsongt

Fire Emblem games usually get different artists every time they jump to a different generation (or sometimes even sooner).

Not sure about the Kaga Emblem games, but here are the Fire Emblem games that had the same main artists.

6+7
9+10
11+12
13+14

FE4 with Hidari art pls

Stop, I can only get so erect.

Draxal

6+7
9+10
11+12
13+14

FE4 with Hidari art pls

It's more like.
6 - Kaneda
7+8 - Wada
9+10 - Wada (did alot of design work)) + Kita
11 - Shirow + Izuka
12 - Izuka
13/14 - Kozaki

Art is such a huge upgrade over gaidens battle leotards.

I'm a Fire Emblem greenie. Only really played Awakening and Fates all the way through. My wife and I really enjoy the whole "pairing supports" deal, both romantically and platonically. Is that present in this remake? I saw some "support" info in the leaks but don't know enough about older FE games to know what that really means.
Are older games traditionally platonic supports among certain characters and romantic supports among specific pairings? It seems like the pairing mechanic in gameplay is gone, at least.

Draxal

I'm a Fire Emblem greenie. Only really played Awakening and Fates all the way through. My wife and I really enjoy the whole "pairing supports" deal, both romantically and platonically. Is that present in this remake? I saw some "support" info in the leaks but don't know enough about older FE games to know what that really means.
Are older games traditionally platonic supports among certain characters and romantic supports among specific pairings? It seems like the pairing mechanic in gameplay is gone, at least.

Generally, shipping is a thing done by most fans, and only a couple of games truely support it to the exten that 13 (Awakening) and 14 (Fates) do.

As for this game in particular, spoiler time on relationships.

Pretty much all of the couples are preordained, jilted love triangles ahoy.

Top Bottom