• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Engage — The Divine Dragon Awakens Trailer

MLSabre

Yeah I liked the look of Path of Radiance.
FePoR-900x506.jpg

It's anime but not the ridiculous overdesigned kind, and everyone (maybe except for Mist) at least looks like they belong on a battlefield
I will always miss Senri Kita's designs. I especially love her armour designs (Black Knight's is amazing).

Fbh

I personally super hype for this, animation looking really good here.

The character design in this is so fucking horrible.
But at least the gameplay and animations are looking good, I can live with the body pillow weeb bait designs if it means more traditional gameplay, beggars can't be choosers.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The less like 3H is it, the better. I'm pretty hyped myself. Combat animation is looking great. Weapon triangle is back for this one, right?
Yeah it looks like weapon triangle is back, I enjoyed 3H but Engage is looking miles better, both environments and character animation.

Arachnid

It is complete and utter garbage and frankly an absolutely bewildering decision from IS!

And the whole saturday morning kiddie show plot and MOBAGE aesthetics look particularly pathetic after Three Houses' more realistic, lush design and darker plot put the franchise on the map, selling absolute gangbusters. 4 million copies - as a FE fan for 20 years, the franchise simply doesn't do numbers like this.

claude-fodlan-of-fire-emblem-three-houses.jpg

Will very much miss Chinatsu Kurana's art... But well, who am I kidding ofc I will buy the game.
Agreed with this. Huge downgrade in character design all around. Three Houses had the perfect style.

Still, after how good 3H was, I'll buy anything they put out. I just cant help but feel this one wont hit the same heights.

FE3H SHOULD have been the ultimate FE game. Yet the school thing and the cringey relationship make it unplayable for many.

I think that Awakening is still probably the best FE to date.

It is amazing that they have not had their FFVII moment with FE and really soar in popularity.

Top Bottom