• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes announced (mobile, f2p, screens, trailer, character vote, more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tactical RPG featuring characters across the series and a new story. It also has original characters apparently. Gameplay is in portrait mode, with a sort of small 8x6 grid based map. There's also a weapon triangle system and so called "attributes." that characters have like the main games.

Oh yeah, you can also summon additional heroes using certain Items that you can earn through in game game play or buy. Not sure but from what I saw, summoning heroes is pretty much chance though you can manipulate who you might get a little. The number of stars demotes how strong that hero is, and you can level up and equip them with skills and stuff. Seems like practically a gacha game to be honest. I do like the new art though. In addition, a website will be up today that will let you vote on who you want to be in the game.

Android first.

Google Play (has trailer): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.zaba

Full explanation video from Nintendo: https://youtu.be/Eq1Xzycyp2E?t=514

Character vote: https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote#

4Ui4mmGr.png

SEaVqFo8bBdndsWPbJ8Faws_F08iARCkHP1Ao2C1d_Nm8JYmtWXoNe-oPApxB3g8uxD-=h900-rw
SQ8akw0iQS0zE5WEuZGZYaivyaOWBdX0IWetVqEw4zruMcB8CxQpnE8hUfZNRcVylTo=h900-rw
3Nt6COaN6q1zabuhD6Z0_TScrrbWjEJ4DESp5L82RhvXl4YPPfq09hsex0Nw5ICfVAc=h900-rw

q0Gu6lpCo5-wPFCz8FwdvP4MbO4eIC5tfXoxhi5PtTCkSutvK5Nobe92tpCSHBLNDkw1=h900-rw
O1-UexagZIsvc9ioPb5Hiaw5yBRah76U_0TmIAAAMrMSQM4_Kwq74--tfgd4YHTuAR0=h900-rw

kuroneko0509 said:

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
You have my curiosity.

I can't say I am above a good Gatcha game.

I like that Nintendo seems to be focusing on portrait mode for their games. It might not be the popular choice but, especially after playing the fantastic DQ ports, i've come to prefer a lot of games in that format

kadotsu

Banned
I wonder what high level challenges will look like with the small map size. It will probably just be power creep to keep #engagement up.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm not gonna hate. Many of you are gonna have lots of fun with this.

I'm at a point in my old life where gacha just isn't for me though and my valuable playing time.

Jeiiya

I'd be interested in something like a Final Fantasy Heroes, but I feel like the Fire Emblem IP doesn't appeal to me as much in this sort of format.

Galang

Banned
Aww iOS isn't first? I won't act entitled and wait.

The vote thing seems kinda useless... No way Marth will lose

KHlover

Banned
Full on whale hunting, now watch Nintendo make like a billion dollars with this.

This will get way better ratings than Super Mario Run.

Honestly it looked great. Salty about not Apple release date though :( this is the one Nintendo mobile title I really was looking forward to

Moonlight

Banned
I was excited for the game but I wasn't prepared to whale.

I saw Anna. Anna in glorious new character art. I guess I'm gonna whale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom