• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes announced (mobile, f2p, screens, trailer, character vote, more)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

I, for one, fear fighting HawthorneKitty's Harem of 5 Gold Star Tharjas.

image.php

Boogiepop

Looks like what I expected, but yeah, that looks baaaaaaaad. I love me some Fire Emblem, but I'm not touching this until I see a confirmation that I could reasonably "play through the game" or something (which I'm doubting), rather than the expected infinite Gacha loop.

Like, full on Gacha-ing, minuscule maps that I can't imagine being ever even slightly interesting to play on. And hell, even though this is just my opinion, even the art (not the full sized portrait stuff) looks to me like that ugly "HD sprite" crap thrown around by the FF "remakes" for mobile. Though admittedly I can't put my finger on exactly why, I really don't like the way it looks.

Shame that they're chasing poor game design crap again after Mario Run largely avoided it, but I can't say I'm surprised. But yeah, 99.9% skipping this, as I just don't see any quality at all here in the slightest. Oh, and is that a Fire Emblem gun for summoning characters or something? Because that's silly.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
What? What are they doing with this official art?

Trying to make money.

If only they could be this on the ball with everything else. :/
I'm actually shocked at how well made this is. It's really *right* on top of the trend of mobile games being very similar in complexity to handheld games, but with some simplification for usability and shorter session.

The monetization method fits with the trends in big spenders, but also includes the types of risk amortization systems being added to gacha games right now. Similarly. lower star characters can be upgraded all the way, which is very helpful for intermediate players who don't spend a ton, but might spend some.

The production values are excellent, which is a big trend in Japanese mobile, and very appreciated right now. Fate is making hundreds of million on this basis.

There's all sorts of modes right at launch to help with player retention, which is very important.

Very impressive all around.

KHlover

Banned
Btw to whoever stated there will be permadeath: That's WRONG. They had a small asterisk on this on screen for a few seconds, heroes do not permanently die.

NoKisum

Nintendo's stocks kept going down whenever they didn't announce a f2p p2w gacha mobile game. Hopefully, this announcement will combat those drops.

Also, my vote's for Lyn. Or maybe Tharja. Decisions, decisions...

Fbh

If Galaxy Of Heroes is any indication, I'll play a ton of it until I actually get the characters I played a ton of it to get, and then get bored and stop playing.

Well the whole gacha genre is based on being mediocre games about getting the characters you want. Once you get the characters all you have left is a mediocre game

What exactly is gacha?

Short for gachapon. It's one of those Japanese machines that pop out little collectibles.

It's evolved to mean the genre of mobile games extremely popular (and profitable) in Japan like Granblue Fantasy, Fate Grand Order and Idolm@ster Starlight Stage where you roll for Super rare or Super-Super rare things.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
They really did they homework with this - this WILL make money no questions about it. Im glad that Nintendo took their time with this shit. Looks like a quality release.

Honestly now im even more excited for AC mobile. Also loved the way they unveiled it...by announcing 2 other news games for traditional systems.

Short for gachapon. It's one of those Japanese machines that pop out little collectibles.

It's evolved to mean the genre of mobile games extremely popular (and profitable) in Japan like Granblue Fantasy, Fate Grand Order and Idolm@ster Starlight Stage where you roll for Super rare or Super-Super rare things.
Ah ok. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom