• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes development led by Intelligent Systems, previews with lots of info

CamHostage

Not the Fire Emblem game I'm most interested in finding out more about in the near future, but at least somebody at Nintendo said "Intelligent Systems" again...

That whole Nintendo Direct and then the Nintendo.com pages launched afterwards have been curiously quiet on IS's involvement (the Fire Emblem Echoes page has no developer, the Switch game announcement also did not confirm a developer, and the Nintendo Fire Emblem press release doesn't mention Intelligent Systems anywhere in the text.) Granted, Fire Emblem Warriors doesn't list a developer either and yet if it's not by ω-Force I will begin to doubt gravity, but still, IS should always be in the Fire Emblem conversation and I was confused why (as far as I saw) it was not in the recent Fire Emblem news.

Yui

The summoning rates for heroes are 3% for 5-star, 36% for 4-star, and 61% for 3-star.
Those are some generous rates.
Almost too generous, as in anything but 5-star will basically be the same meh tier.
But we will see.

Drop

It's looking pretty nice so far, what remains to be seen is the amount of currency that can be gathered regularly.

I'm more curious about the number of people who will play this that haven't experienced gacha.

That's gonna be a real eye opener to a lot of people.

It's going to give a whole new perspective to the complaints about rng in FE games

Negator

Nobody asked if certain characters only appear at certain base rarities?

Also 5 minutes per stam is certainly not going to last long. Most of the bigger games have changed it to 3 over time and I dont see this being any different.

kswiston

Nobody asked if certain characters only appear at certain base rarities?

Also 5 minutes per stam is certainly not going to last long. Most of the bigger games have changed it to 3 over time and I dont see this being any different.

5 min to start is decent. Puzzle and Dragons is 3 minutes now, but when I started (near the NA launch) it was a horribly painful 10 minutes. Want to do a 50 stam special dungeon? That will be 8 hours and 20 mins of recharging time!

I hope that there are stamina refill items, and that we get free ones on a fairly regular basis. I like that Tales of Link will give you a 50% stamina refill item if you complete 3 battles a day. That game also gave you a pretty large stamina pool.

As for base rarity, I am guessing that much heroes will start at 3*, and a few of the better ones will start at 4*. Similar to Brave Exvius.

It's going to be really strange for me to play a gacha game without an established tier-list. How am i supposed to reroll for the best chars if i don't know which ones are the best ? :(

Seems like it could be a hit. I don't want to spend money on it, but I do want to support FE. Probably just used those iTunes cards I got for Christmas.

Although I'm already seeing complaints about treehouse localization. that will die down super fast.

I'm really looking forward to this. The gacha aspects of the game seem less harsh than others I've seen. I wasn't expecting a pvp mode which has shot my interest up higher.

I'll probably only spend 20 dollars max on the game to support to the developers if I enjoy the game and get plenty of playtime out of it. I think gacha systems are exploitative and unethical, but this seems good enough to look past that.

Can I have 200 Lucina's in my castle?
If you expand the barracks you could have more.

It sounds like the worst of both worlds of being way too generous in easier difficulties where it is 1-5 stamina a stage and rather harsh on harder difficulties of at least 10.

I also wonder if the maximum can be increased in any way. I love I've got FFRK to be about 9 hours from 0 to max.

It's going to be really strange for me to play a gacha game without an established tier-list. How am i supposed to reroll for the best chars if i don't know which ones are the best ? :(
Also no hype of banners to save up for six months in advance only to find the banner is going to be irrelevant six months down the line.

But really I wonder how power creep is going to be handled here as you can hold the tide from traditional stat improvements by the fact your existing units are going to be better leveled. Though I guess it depends on how many EXP crystals you wind up with.

B00TE

Eager to see how this turns out, hoping it becomes awesome. Meh on the stamina system, but everything else sounds pretty great.

Azuran

Banned

Thank god.

All the annoying talk about future-proof units will hopefully disappear for good. Nothing more annoying than people telling others not to pull for their favorites because they're "garbage". That also removes people bitching about banners from units that are OP not coming as soon as they want. It gets tiring seeing everyone that plays FFBE and KHUX asking the same question over and over again: "When is Orlandu/Illustrated KH2 Kairi coming?!"

Going in completely blind is the only way to play gacha games.

So these guys and gals just made THREE Fire Emblem games AT ONCE and already they've got the mobile game ready to go?

Good grief.

Zaventem

Thank god.

All the annoying talk about future-proof units will hopefully disappear for good. Nothing more annoying than people telling others not to pull for their favorites because they're "garbage". That also removes people bitching about banners from units that are OP not coming as soon as they want. It gets tiring seeing everyone that plays FFBE and KHUX asking the same question over and over again: "When is Orlandu/Illustrated KH2 Kairi coming?!"

Going in completely blind is the only way to play gacha games.

Thankfully we have people like you to burn the money and figure it our for us.

JB2448

So these guys and gals just made THREE Fire Emblem games AT ONCE and already they've got the mobile game ready to go?

Good grief.
Along with finishing up Color Splash, a Gaiden 3DS remake, and a Switch Fire Emblem in development. IntSys can't stop and won't stop.

Along with finishing up Color Splash, a Gaiden 3DS remake, and a Switch Fire Emblem in development. IntSys can't stop and won't stop.

They did Color Splash too? Damn.

Gaiden remake looks great too, but it'll be really tough to go back to 3DS post-Switch.

Quonny

What are the chances that they will make the alternate costume pulls even more rare than normal? 1.5% more like it.

Unlikely, but not unheard of.

Somes games do it, but a grand majority don't. Quite the opposite for limited characters most of the time.

kswiston

Some of you guys have an enviable amount of free time (or a ton of luck) if you are re-rolling for a specific unit at launch.

I will take whatever I get. If the game is good/fair with its F2P mechanics, I will have a decent enough team in a few months. If not, it will join the uninstalled F2P game list, and I will start looking forward to Fire Emblem Echoes.

i'd much rather have them give it their all to make the next main fire emblem game a huge step up from what Fates turned out.
Agreed and hopefully they drop the Avatar bullshit and create a well liked, well written Lord character for Fire Emblem Switch if they are the ones working on that.

Some of you guys have an enviable amount of free time (or a ton of luck) if you are re-rolling for a specific unit at launch.

I will take whatever I get. If the game is good/fair with its F2P mechanics, I will have a decent enough team in a few months. If not, it will join the uninstalled F2P game list, and I will start looking forward to Fire Emblem Echoes.
No, we just want what we want.

the rates probably is 1 of the nice one that I've played. considering usually the lowest tier in premium gacha for other games will be around 80%+, only 59% is kinda too generous lol

That's a lot lower then Final Fantasy Record Keeper, which has 14% 5 star rates and a guaranteed 5 star if you do a large 10+1 unit pull.

I hope the rate increase is high enough to be noticeable.

Though, since Nintendo worked on this I'm thinking lower star stuff will be more usable.

sehui

dual audio available or not?

It'd be a waste to not hear the Japanese seiyuu industry voicing 200 fire emblem chars, most of which have never been voiced

Draxal

dual audio available or not?

It'd be a waste to not hear the Japanese seiyuu industry voicing 200 fire emblem chars, most of which have never been voiced

No, apparently text might not be.

Anyway you would just have to download the Japanese apk and use English text has an option.

Guess we will find out tomorrow.

Top Bottom