• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if / Fates Character Popularity Poll Results

miku

Dr9oioP.jpg

Results

Some of the names might be a bit off or different since I based it mostly on the Japanese version

Male Character
1) Leon
2) Marx
3) Takumi
4) Joker
5) Kamui
6) Ryouma
7) Zero
8) Odin
9) Lazward
10) Suzukaze
11) Foleo
12) Gunter
13) Benoit
14) Cyrus
15) Saizou
16) Tsubaki
17) Hinata
18) Deere
19) Harold
20) Asama
21) Asyura
22) Flannel
23) Shinonome
24) Nishiki
25) Tsukuyomi
26) Shigure
27) Hisame
28) Izana
29) Gurei
30) Siegbert
31) Kisaragi
32) Kanna
33) Ignis
34) Lutz
35) Fuuga
36) Yukimura

Female Character
1) Kamui
2) Camilla
3) Oboro
4) Elise
5) Aqua
6) Hinoka
7) Sakura
8) Flora
9) Charlotte
10) Eponine
11) Felicia
12) Belka
13) Ophelia
14) Soleil
15) Setsuna
16) Kinu
17) Luna
18) Elfie
19) Velour
20) Pieri
21) Kazahana
22) Midoriko
23) Rinka
24) Syalla
25) Mozume
26) Matoi
27) Kagerou
28) Nyx
29) Mitama
30) Crimson
31) Anna
32) Yuugiri
33) Sophie
34) Kanna
35) Orochi

YrV3Bpv.jpg

Busaiku

Now Nintendo's probably gonna commission DLC for the most popular characters, but only based on Japanese input..
Main reason I hate the large gap in releases.

tch.. no one cares about Oboro being 3rd even if she's not a princess... that's why I didn't bother making this thread yesterday & just talk in the community thread :V :V

Ridley327

There are a few designs that are the same in Awakening just with another hair color, but most looks great.

All things considered, Kozaki is doing well with managing such a large cast and making them feel mostly distinct from one another. I think he does work best with a smaller yet more eclectic cast (No More Heroes is still his high-water mark in that regard), but this is working out pretty well for him all the same.

Dee Dee

Thanks guys.
Guess I am playing Birthright first.
I mean... my friend might play Birthright first.

Does the third route have any exclusive characters by the way? Sorry for the dumb questions, I am trying to avoid spoilers however flimsy the story will probably be.

Thanks guys.
Guess I am playing Birthright first.
I mean... my friend might play Birthright first.

Does the third route have any exclusive characters by the way? Sorry for the dumb questions, I am trying to avoid spoilers however flimsy the story will probably be.

Basically each route has a large amount of unique characters with both sharing the same handful of neutral characters who always join Kamui. The 3rd path revelations I believe has almost everyone join in the end.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Man, the quality of character design in Fire Emblem has really tanked.I can't tell about half the cast apart any more. All the female characters have almost exactly the same facial shape, eyebrows, and eyes, and vary only in terms of hair-style, hair colour, and eye colour.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Oboro is a girl?

Best girl. What a great design. Kagerou is too low. Marx where he should be. Suzukaze not as much of a travesty as Kagerou... but not where he should be.

Dee Dee

Basically each route has a large amount of unique characters with both sharing the same handful of neutral characters who always join Kamui. The 3rd path revelations I believe has almost everyone join in the end.

Thanks!

Okay, some more dumb questions: You can buy the third route online only after already purchasing either Birthright or Conquest?
Or could one, in theory, download the game with the third route only, once that is released?
I guess the third route starts at whatever end both original routes lead too, so that is probably not possible.
However, is the third route a mix of both difficulty wise? Can Birthright players do it, but is it still a challenge for Conquest players?

Can someone link me the OT?

Otherwise back on topic.
Personally I really enjoy the art style, but this poll is hardly based on appearance alone. It has the butler/maid on 4th place, so I'll assume that the higher ranked chars are the neutral or main story characters who are more popular simply based on the fact that most players will have met them in their game. That's why I am so surprised Tharja was so popular in Awakening, an optional character from later in the game, that new players could easily miss to recruit.

Are any of the higher ranked characters such optional characters? That would give us a better idea on who the FE crowd really favors.

Thanks!

Okay, some more dumb questions: You can buy the third route online only after already purchasing either Birthright or Conquest?
Or could one, in theory, download the game with the third route only, once that is released?
I guess the third route starts at whatever end both original routes lead too, so that is probably not possible.
However, is the third route a mix of both difficulty wise? Can Birthright players do it, but is it still a challenge for Conquest players?
Yes, No, No, 3rd route is harder than Birthright, easier than Conquest

I hadn't really seen many of the characters and now that I'm checking them out to see which are my favorite ones design wise, and damn I love Kinu's design even if I'm not into.... well ya know.

giphy.gif

I need this damn game already.

Thanks a bunch. Didn't want to derail the thread, but seeing all these characters made me pretty excited for the game.

there's import thread, but it's pretty much dead already haha... you can just pop in to community thread to ask questions, not limited to the latest entry

edit: tbh i can't remember if you can directly purchase 3rd route on eshop & not by accessing it via ingame. but 3rd route still need the base game, either birthright or conquest to be playable (or digital copy/special edition cart)

NeonZ

So what makes the young Yamato Nadeshiko from the #1 female poll so popular exactly?

She's the female Avatar here. Main characters usually have an advantage in polls like this. Add to that her default design being generally very well received. I guess the whole "isolated princess who spent brief but precious time with close friends/possible love interests" backstory also worked well with the Japanese fans. The top 4 male characters are all popular pairings for her too if you look at fanart.

NeonZ

So are these mostly Conquest or Birthright characters?

The poll has all characters from both, excluding extras that don't have some features like face rubbing and supports, like the recruitable bosses and Amiibo characters.

If you mean the top of the poll, it's mostly Conquest characters. For the male one, 3 and 6 are Birthright, 5 is the avatar, 4 and 10 are neutral. So, half of them are Conquest-only.

For the female side, 1 is the avatar, 3, 6 and 7 are Birthright exclusive and 5 is neutral. The other half is Conquest-only.

It's interesting that Odin and Lazward are so high up while Gurei, Matoi, and Sallya being so low.

Considering that they are literally Owain, Inigo, Gaius, Cordelia and Tharja, I'm confused, also how is Orochi at the bottom?

Odin, Lazward and Luna are literally Owain, Inigo and Severa, but Gurei, Matoi and Shara are just new characters based on the Awakening ones, although there's some dialogue that implies they're reincarnations (or previous incarnations) especially in Shara's case.

Top Bottom