• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if OST, 134 tracks, 8 discs (7 CDs + 1 DVD), 6800 yen, out on April 27th

Netto-kun

Mock if old.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201603/07100896.html

Digipak style packaging (with a wide bookcase?) and illustration by Yusuke Kozaki. Also includes a 24 pages colored booklet. First prints include two pin badges.

The DVD will include:
- All three opening cutscenes from the games
- Character cutscenes (Byakuya siblings and Anya siblings)
- Both versions of the Aqua singing cutscenes
- Tracks from My Castle (visitor or visiting? not sure), DLCs, amiibo, vocal tracks and the instrumental versions

IKT9AKF.jpg
sEEbAcp.jpg
clbw6wM.jpg
K516jT3.jpg

Holy shit. After missing first print of awakening soundtrack and having ordered the reprint last week there's no way I'm passing on this. Hope it goes up for preorder soon.

Triple Dash

Neo Member
8 Disks!? Dang, that's a large OST. Guess I'll have another thing to pre-order for the 27th alongside Pokemon Green/Red's OST.

Not an Azura fan, but that cover art is amazing.

wiibomb

8 discs??? That's way more than I could expect..

Is the music really that good? In awakening most of the music was just the same melody in a different arrangement

Neoxon

Are the English versions of Azura/Aqua's songs included? I honestly thought that Rena Strober did a great job with the English vocals (not surprising, given her Broadway background).

Moonlight

Banned
Cover isn't quite Awakening-tier gorgeous, but dang. Dang.

Excited to get in on this. Hopefully I'll be faster on the trigger after FEA's totally passed me by. x_x

Chrom

Are the English versions of Azura/Aqua's songs included? I honestly thought that Rena Strober did a great job with the English vocals (not surprising, given her Broadway background).

There's no mention of it in the article which also includes the tracklist.

Oh wow, that's one hell of a soundtrack set. I'll probably not get it (I'll use my money on the SMTIVF soundtrack set), but that's pretty impressive.

Katsuragi

Gorgeous packaging! I'm definitely going to pick up a copy of this beauty. All that's left is a proper FE if art book.

javac

You can still buy FEA OST though, no?

It's a reprint that just came out last month iirc, the original release goes for 100's these days on the second hand market and sold out pretty quick alongside Awakenings release, but of course I snatched one up as soon as it went up, in fact I got the OST before the game was out in the west! :p It's really nice looking and I'm pretty sure that the reprint looks different packaging wise but not 100% sure on that.

EDIT: Yeah the reprint is smaller packaging wise.

Zalman

It's a reprint that just came out last month iirc, the original release goes for 100's these days on the second hand market and sold out pretty quick alongside Awakenings release, but of course I snatched one up as soon as it went up, in fact I got the OST before the game was out in the west! :p It's really nice looking and I'm pretty sure that the reprint looks different packaging wise but not 100% sure on that.

I was so happy when I found out they were reprinting the OST, but I'm bummed about the new packaging. I'll try to get the Fates one before it sells out too.

Just got the reprint few minutes ago, the package is inferior to the original release, what a shame :(

How odd, Famitsu states the soundtrack here is 135 tracks at 14 hours. But the in game score is currently 131 tracks at just over 8 hours. Probably going to be a bit of looping.

I really wish they would not loop the tracks for a whole second time for each song. They did that with the Awakening OST and it quickly got tiring hearing the same song FOUR times (the non battle and battle version would play back to back and loop twice).

It doesn't make for a good soundtrack listening experience for me. Whatever the case though, I'll probably still get this.

Draxal

How odd, Famitsu states the soundtrack here is 135 tracks at 14 hours. But the in game score is currently 131 tracks at just over 8 hours. Probably going to be a bit of looping.

It's because they cycle between the map stages and battle variations (ablaze), or basically what Spirit said in the post right after you.

Top Bottom