• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem sold out/delayed at many retailers

I assumed there would be tons of copies of this game to go around, is this game going to be hard to find on the 4th?

source

Will it be available on the 4th is a better question.

There seems to be a supply issue in regards to Fire Emblem, and Amazon hasn't exactly made that better with its date changing.

gryz

Banned
hmm just found this on Amazon as well

"Potential Shipping Delay
Delivery of Fire Emblem: Awakening pre-orders may be affected by manufacturer shipping delays . Amazon apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause."

dammit

I believe it's because gamestop pre-orders get a limited edition art book, Amazon still has pre-orders available

Edit: Or shipping delays, must be under shipping it

Frolow

Banned
It's been sold out online for a few days now. I doubt the brick and mortar stores are completely sold out yet.

zroid

Banned
they will restock quickly, but it's selling out all over the place so it may be tricky to get one day one without a pre-order.

or download it, I guess.

LiK

iirc, Nintendo said there would be shortages for it or something due to production. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Turok_TTZ

its been like that for awhile. I was trying to preorder it last week but it wasn't available so the page says.
I ended up preordering from amazon.

edit: my preorder will be subject to potential shipping delays?
GOD DAMN IT

hmm just found this on Amazon as well

"Potential Shipping Delay
Delivery of Fire Emblem: Awakening pre-orders may be affected by manufacturer shipping delays . Amazon apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause."

That message has been there for over a week now. I suspect digital sales are going to be some of the highest Nintendo has seen here yet thanks to people running out of their first allotment.

Eusis

I just hope they have copies in for my pre-order when I go in. I'm very glad this seems to be exceeding Nintendo's expectations however.

It's been sold out online for a few days now. I doubt the brick and mortar stores are completely sold out yet.

At the store I checked at about a week ago, it was deleted from their system.

Weirdly enough, the game was available online again for what I believe was just a few hour long window.

My GameStop told me they wouldn't get their preorder shipment until the 8th, and I preordered.

Time for me to go with the download version instead, I think.

I'm going to have to download this game, aren't I?

What the hell is up with NoA these last few years?

Reggie, get your house in order

Somnid

Sounds like it might be a hit. I got a physical pre-order in so I'm good, I just hope they don't stiff me on the artbook.

This weirdness always seems to happen when Nintendo chooses to launch a game on a Monday. I understand Sunday and Tuesday ... but why release a game on a Monday?

Pretty much its been Nintendo having a low first print run, some production issue or shipping issue or some combination of all of the above.

I been hearing conflicting reports on when even stores will get their copies in. Some end of this week, some by Sunday, some on the 4th, the 5th or even on the 8th.

Also, all my envy at the ones who managed to get an early copy in Canada.

Eusis

They probably were kind of expecting it to just be a bone to throw to long time fans, especially those burned by the second DS game being skipped. Instead I'm starting to wonder if the second game might've actually done more than well enough to justify localization.

Then again this is a new system, and a fresh start, so it's not like being in the shadow (heh) of Shadow Dragon.

Drago

I tried to preorder it yesterday but one GS I called (I called about 4 and all said no) said that no Gamestop will be taking preorders, period.

Just hoping I can find a game in store on day 1... :/

I just can't believe NoA is underestimating the demand for this game.

They seem completely out of touch with what gamers want.

Honestly, it should be standard policy to release all games globally, skipping certain games is a dick thing to do.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This always happens with Nintendo.

Pokemon Conquest had limited supply at first but they went ahead and had ads running on Cartoon Network.

My local EB Games had 20+ pre-orders for this game.

This is gonna be the breakthrough game for the series guys, I can feel it.

Eusis

Fire Emblem in America typically outsells Japan; the only entry not to do so was the first GBA entry, and that sold about on par with the Japanese release.
Wait, so why the fuck did we miss the second DS game? Did it underperform in Japan? Or was Nintendo just in a weird place then?

Hattori

Banned
Yup, tried to preorder a couple of days ago, no dice. I was so hyped to get it after reading the gaf thread, hopefully best buy has it day one.

Wait, so why the fuck did we miss the second DS game? Did it underperform in Japan? Or was Nintendo just in a weird place then?

Reggie being a control freak.

The only power Reggie has is determining which games don't get localized.

He thinks we only want party games and Mario

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This weirdness always seems to happen when Nintendo chooses to launch a game on a Monday. I understand Sunday and Tuesday ... but why release a game on a Monday?

SuperBowl.

However, I *feel* this is a case where we have a title both seeing good preorders and some undershipment. As said ealier in the FE |OT|

Best Buy - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...SP&sp=-bestsellingsort+skuid&usc=abcat0700000

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=28-xu0,135 (just the bundle, since the game is out of stock since days ago)

Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_9

Gamestop locations stopped taking preorders days ago. Also got an email that it won't be in until 2/8 at the earliest, so yeah delays are abound.

This.

NoA was in pure coasting mode then. They had zero interest in supporting the DS late in it's life cycle.

Yup, tried to preorder a couple of days ago, no dice. I was so hyped to get it after reading the gaf thread, hopefully best buy has it day one.

In my area, most stores only had between 8 and 15 on order. I tried checking the other night when people were reporting that some people broke release date and the guy was nice enough to share the info. Just a FYI.

massoluk

Banned
Very well may be best Fire Emblem's outing in NA, I wager.

Of course, the other possibility is NOA under-shipped it because F U.

I definitely want a physical copy but I'm not ready to buy the game at release (need to finish the backlog before the game avalanche starts). Really hope its not going to be a problem to find....

Soriku

Fire Emblem in America typically outsells Japan; the only entry not to do so was the first GBA entry, and that sold about on par with the Japanese release.

I'd be surprised if NA sales for this game broke 500k like the game did in Japan but IDK...

Top Bottom