• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem sold out/delayed at many retailers

LOCK

Most retailers won't put this out till Tuesday. Most smaller Walmarts for example don't really care about Sunday and Monday release dates.

donny2112

You want this too

aYuAgej.png

admit it! AND SUCCUMB :D

Will get that later when it's on sale. Digital purchase for Day 1 and the actual gaming, though. :p

Eusis

I take it you avoided the Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition thread. Now that was a travesty and I feel bad for those peeps.
Yeah, plus technically the game's not out just yet. It could well be that somehow things go mostly OK after all.

Well, not fearing coming out on Super Bowl Sunday would've helped too.

I know that it's rather difficult to get the game, but let's try to wait until the actual street date before we call this "one of the most fucked up releases in recent memory".

Although I can say this because I have called my Gamestop several times to guarantee that I get this game come Monday.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It's really sad to see what a mess. Hopefully, though, this whole situation shows NOA that North America does give a fuck about FE, and it can be a huge hit here. NOA seems to snooze on some amazing games for completely unknown reasons. I can't tell if they have no faith in NA, or they don't care what it wants.

Kusagari

I know that it's rather difficult to get the game, but let's try to wait until the actual street date before we call this "one of the most fucked up releases in recent memory".

Although I can say this because I have called my Gamestop several times to guarantee that I get this game come Monday.

And what if you go on Monday and it's not there? :p

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I take it you avoided the Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition thread. Now that was a travesty and I feel bad for those peeps.

About that, I've just read the topic title, but without giving too much attention to what actually happened. So...what actually happened? XD

About that, I've just read the topic title, but without giving too much attention to what actually happened. So...what actually happened? XD

They used Digital River. That should really say enough, but in case it doesn't...

They oversold the edition, but there seemed to be absolutely zero priority based on when people preordered for those that got copies. I ordered one when they put them up for a few hours two weeks ago and managed to get one, while people that ordered in September did not. My friend literally completed his order 30 seconds after I did and he didn't get it, and some people that ordered an hour after I did got theirs. They also sent me both a "your order has been cancelled" email and a "your order has shipped" email within hours of each other.

Chrom

I wonder if this will be the best selling game on 3DS this month?

Probably, I'd wager. The amount of hype going into this game's release seems far beyond that of the other releases like Etrian Odyssey or Soul Hackers.

I called both Best Buy and Gamestop, which both told me that their orders for it were delayed and that the earliest to expect it was Friday. If this was some niche publisher I might understand, but how does Nintendo screw up distribution of one of its biggest titles this quarter? I really don't want to buy a digital copy of the game, but I'm traveling all week and had planned to pick this game up to keep me busy. If Nintendo would get their act together on the digital front and find a way to tie games to accounts I wouldn't blink twice at this, but they haven't and now I'm kind of annoyed.

Chrom

Gave a quick call to my GameStop to check up on my pre-order a few minutes ago. They said Tuesday. Could've gone worse, I suppose. I'll still call back tomorrow just in case.

Keep in mind that it was clarified that this inquiry was for the bundle, not the standalone game.

Well, hopefully this game ships out tomorrow and gets to me on Tuesday... Really hope so, been looking forward to it and I figured I would be safe with Gamestop's website considering it's worked for me well at least three times in the past so far.

:(

Anyone know of any Kentucky/Southern Indiana area stores that might have this today? Playing this on my off day is preferable to squeezing it in between work and family during the week.

To all the people who are calling and they are saying Tuesday, I'd be a little wary. Unless they were specifically looking around and trying to find info, they might just know the game was generally supposed to come out next week and since games tend to come out on Tuesdays, that is just what they are telling you. If they actually poked around or sounded informed, then maybe they do have some new info and are more confident, but I just wouldn't get your hopes up.

cacildo

I played the 3ds demo.
That got me pumped to try the gamecube fire emblem, Path of Radiance
Its been so nice ill probably get my old Wii Fire Emblem, but start a new save
And THEN when i finish both this games, ill think about buying the eshop version of FE 3DS

I forgot how good these fire emblem games are.

Metallix87

Just called my local Gamestop to check on my pre-order.

They said, and I quote: "We'll have it in by February 8th at the absolute latest."

What kind of answer is that???

Drago

I may end up getting Sly 4 instead of this if I can't find a physical copy by Friday.

How did NoA mess up so badly?

jwhit28

2 Gamestops (1 acted like the game didn't exist at first) and a Bestbuy told me the game was released on the 1st but no one within 50 miles has copies and it could be 5-7 days.

It's patently ridiculous to have shipment problems--especially for a first-party game--but I confess to getting some sort of masochistic enjoyment out of a retail game hunt once in a while.

I played the 3ds demo.
That got me pumped to try the gamecube fire emblem, Path of Radiance
Its been so nice ill probably get my old Wii Fire Emblem, but start a new save
And THEN when i finish both this games, ill think about buying the eshop version of FE 3DS

I forgot how good these fire emblem games are.

The first DLC pack is free for a week only!

Forkball

The eShop calls to you. It's got FE:A at midnight and other great titles like Crashmo and E̶a̶r̶t̶h̶b̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ Crimson Shroud!

jwhit28

Yeah I just moved my $5 to Luigi's Mansion and I'm buying on eshop. I'm just not that attached to the art book and physical cart unless it is a game I might resell and this game is not something I see my self parting with.

Top Bottom