• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses |OT| The Romance of Three Houses, or "Hogwarts SRPG"

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I got bored of the Black Eagles to be honest with that idiot called Berndetta always dying first in every damn mission

I’m in a mission where I have to face the death knight and he’s behind a door. Those teleports messed my mind and I ran out of 25 turns. My next run is going to be easy since I figured out the teleports
You can also just rush left and open the doors and skip the teleportation crap altoghter. If your students keep dying you are either underleveled or putting them against their "counters". Make sure you at least do a couple of the battle quests. Also have you been trying to recruit others? You don't have to use Bernie if you don't want to. I never did since I had other units that did her job better.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
You can also just rush left and open the doors and skip the teleportation crap altoghter. If your students keep dying you are either underleveled or putting them against their "counters". Make sure you at least do a couple of the battle quests. Also have you been trying to recruit others? You don't have to use Bernie if you don't want to. I never did since I had other units that did her job better.
Yeah, I recruited Shamir and she out class Bernie in every way. :messenger_beaming:

Mista

Banned
Still cant recruit anyone :(

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Do you guys reset or divine pulse upon bad stat ups or roll with them? My OCD absolutely hates the thought of a character end game being possibly complete shit. My OCD also hates the thought of permanently losing a character

I also semi-accidently overleveled my main character so the challenge is gone.

I'm thinking of trying Hard+Classic for my NG+, with the possibility of entertaining the thought of not resetting for stat changes.

Ulysses 31

Do you guys reset or divine pulse upon bad stat ups or roll with them? My OCD absolutely hates the thought of a character end game being possibly complete shit. My OCD also hates the thought of permanently losing a character

I'm thinking of trying Hard+Classic for my NG+, with the possibility of entertaining the thought of not resetting for stat changes.
Wait for lunatic mode. Stats from level up won't change after divine pulsing.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

I just keep playing. When you can overlevel it doesn't matter.

mcz117chief

Bernie is my strongest. She was the first to reach master level class too. Don't know why anybody would have a problem with her. I just put her in the middle of the enemy army and she just counters everything to death while taking no damage at all.

Yeah, my main is retardedly op as well. 4 attacks at 55+ damage and enough DEX to dodge 90% of all attacks :D That is why I don't use him much and send in the plebs to do the work (and get lvls).

Last edited:

Danjin44

Bernie is my strongest. She was the first to reach master level class too. Don't know why anybody would have a problem with her. I just put her in the middle of the enemy army and she just counters everything to death while taking no damage at all.
Everyone’s playingthrough is going to be different, some will favour one student to another.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Sure, not saying anythin' about anythin'. Just that immediately declaring one student bad just because they don't utilize her properly triggers me.

wSe56wH.gif

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
So the side fights are actually worth it?
When you get higher prof levels you can have enough spare time to "battle" once a month. (multiple times if the battle doesn't have a number in it) I was like level 23 when I first fought totally not Skull Knight.

Mista

Banned
When you get higher prof levels you can have enough spare time to "battle" once a month. (multiple times if the battle doesn't have a number in it) I was like level 23 when I first fought totally not Skull Knight.
Damn! The highest I have is 18 and the lowest is 8-9

Skull Knight rip-off:messenger_angry:

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I recruited Shamir and she out class Bernie in every way. :messenger_beaming:

She's stronger than Bernie for me as well, but I have both as Snipers currently and usually use both. Handy to have two archers for maps where you want to split up.

Anyway, I'm 35ish hours in, on the middle of Chapter 11 with the Black Eagles and still having a blast with the game. Been battling more to level up (like being overpowered to get through battles quicker) and really loving all the support conversations and all the random dialogue around the map. Returning lost items gets a tad tedious, but I like all the other school activities.

kiiltz

Just passed the Ramir village bit. When do you get more adjutants because I have like 4 people overlevelled and now I have too many people with Flayn/professors/Marianne (<3) I recruited AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH.

It's really hard to not just send one of them to each corner of the map and fuck shit up that I've had to drop Byleth and Edgelord on some maps to ensure everyone gets a fair go.

Also how important is it to max it out each class? I've been holding off going to Advanced classes bcus of this lmao.

Just passed the Ramir village bit. When do you get more adjutants because I have like 4 people overlevelled and now I have too many people with Flayn/professors/Marianne (<3) I recruited AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH.

It's really hard to not just send one of them to each corner of the map and fuck shit up that I've had to drop Byleth and Edgelord on some maps to ensure everyone gets a fair go.

Also how important is it to max it out each class? I've been holding off going to Advanced classes bcus of this lmao.

Adjutants are tied to professor grade, you are able to have 2 at lvl B. I'm only at B+ so I'm unsure if you get one at A or A+ but I'm betting you probably do.

There’s a disturbing lack of Ingrid and Annette love in here. All you sheeple and your Black Eagle runs...

Annette's design is amazing
post time skip, I think Ingrid looked a bit better with the bangs. Mercedes was the clear loser though. I did manage to recruit Petra, Leonie, and Marianne for my Blue Lions first playthrough and I really dig Leonie's look with the long hair, she looks great.

Depends on what the class mastery skill is for that specific class, some are really OP. Like there's one for one of the healing classes (priest I think) that gives you a passive that doubles the amount of uses you get for all healing spells. So you basically never run out of healing spells again.

Most are pretty worth it though, like the archery one extends range. Some aren't so great though.

Last edited:

Doom85

There’s a disturbing lack of Ingrid and Annette love in here. All you sheeple and your Black Eagle runs...

Well, I'm doing BE and I just recruited Leonie (only had her at support C so guess my Str and Lance was high enough) so Annette actually is the next one I'm focusing on. Just had two consecutive tea parties with Annette, seems like easily the best way to build "hearts" (not sure what the actual term is) as I get like five of them on a perfect tea party.

Although someone asked earlier and I don't think they got a confirmation, does another House's student's stat/skill interests for recruiting only apply to Byleth's stats/skills or the class' stats/skills as a whole? Because even if support is apparently the more optimal method for recruiting (although again, I managed to already get Leonie presumably due to stats/skills) it'd be nice to know regardless.

Also, maybe it's due to being with BE, but apparently I can't talk to Hilda at all aside from her basic dialogue? Kinda annoying I'm stuck with one of her lost items in my inventory then and probably will find more in the future. I get not everyone will be recruitable due to story but I don't like having stuff I can't use in my inventory.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Although someone asked earlier and I don't think they got a confirmation, does another House's student's stat/skill interests for recruiting only apply to Byleth's stats/skills or the class' stats/skills as a whole? Because even if support is apparently the more optimal method for recruiting (although again, I managed to already get Leonie presumably due to stats/skills) it'd be nice to know regardless.
Just Byleth’s skills.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I'm doing BE and I just recruited Leonie (only had her at support C so guess my Str and Lance was high enough) so Annette actually is the next one I'm focusing on. Just had two consecutive tea parties with Annette, seems like easily the best way to build "hearts" (not sure what the actual term is) as I get like five of them on a perfect tea party.

Also, maybe it's due to being with BE, but apparently I can't talk to Hilda at all aside from her basic dialogue? Kinda annoying I'm stuck with one of her lost items in my inventory then and probably will find more in the future. I get not everyone will be recruitable due to story but I don't like having stuff I can't use in my inventory.
Hilda doesn't join BE unless you do BE's alternative route. Because she knows things.

Danjin44

I'm currently in chapter 10 and my Edelgard in Warrior class is absolute monster, she can kill entire army and mystic beats all by herself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I got to a decision point in the Black Eagles play through and opted to
Save Edelgard
and saw the aftermath of that and the support conversations. Was pretty happy with that for my first play through. I still I went back to the the after battle save and made the other choice and went through the aftermath of that and then copied that save to slot 5 so I won't accidentally save over it. I'll go back and do that route after finishing the one I chose first before starting a new game plus with another school choice.

nocsi

I'm currently in chapter 10 and my Edelgard in Warrior class is absolute monster, she can kill entire army and mystic beats all by herself.
Edelgard is going to be a monster in any class. Turn her into a fortress knight and send her into the middle of stuff.

I'm on my second new game+. Finished Black Eagle, Golden Deer and finally scanned a fire emblem amiibo. The secrets you unlock for doing so are pretty OP

Sakura

So the side fights are actually worth it?
Surely you have some side story battles by now right? If you do, they would be green exclamation marks on the calendar. You should do those as usually you can get good weapons. If you do those and quests requiring battles you shouldn't have a problem with levels.
Eh, doesn't seem so important.
If you max a class you get its skill, but you still need room to equip the skill. If it is a skill you really want and are going to be switching classes then I say go for it, but if it's like the fucking +5 HP that commoner/noble class gets, then forget it.
I've been using Ingrid and Annette every playthrough. Annette has always been my strongest magic character.

Shouta

Just finished my Blue Lions run. I really liked it a lot and the core group in that route has a ton of chemistry with each other and is just generally pleasant overall. Some of the passives/crests they get are pretty silly too. I'll probably start a Golden Deer run soon then save the Eagles for last since the Golden Deer crew looks more interesting.

I'm really glad they left the JP voice-overs in the game. It let me see what got changed when for the English version. Most of the localization is there but there's odd omissions here and there.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I’m stuck on a paralogue battle in the Blue Lions story. Any advice?

It’s called “Weathervanes of Fódlan”. You have to rescue Annette and Gilbert before they get snuffed. Even though I race straight for them with my fliers and horsemen, Annette always gets killed before I get there. Is there something I am missing?

Shouta

It’s called “Weathervanes of Fódlan”. You have to rescue Annette and Gilbert before they get snuffed. Even though I race straight for them with my fliers and horsemen, Annette always gets killed before I get there. Is there something I am missing?

If you don't move them at all, the enemy won't do anything. That should buy you enough time to get over there and secure them, as I recall.

Sakura

Just finished my Blue Lions run. I really liked it a lot and the core group in that route has a ton of chemistry with each other and is just generally pleasant overall. Some of the passives/crests they get are pretty silly too. I'll probably start a Golden Deer run soon then save the Eagles for last since the Golden Deer crew looks more interesting.

I'm really glad they left the JP voice-overs in the game. It let me see what got changed when for the English version. Most of the localization is there but there's odd omissions here and there.
I watched some English streams by people who had the game early before playing my copy. Some of the translations seemed sort of strange when compared to the source material. But par for the course I guess.

Are you attacking with Annette and Gilbert? If you just let them sit there and don't attack, they won't be attacked, at least for a few turns. By that time you should be able to reach them. If not, you can kill one or two of the guards, and move Annette in a way so she is only attacked by one of them. My Annette had that white magic attack that does damage and also heals her, so she was able to defend herself a couple turns that way. Also remember you can use, gambits(I think they are called in the English version?) to stop the enemy character from being able to move even if you don't do much damage.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
Edelgard is going to be a monster in any class. Turn her into a fortress knight and send her into the middle of stuff.

I'm on my second new game+. Finished Black Eagle, Golden Deer and finally scanned a fire emblem amiibo. The secrets you unlock for doing so are pretty OP
The secrets for FE amiibo, what is it? I thought it only unlocks songs for auxiliary battles and consumable drops?

mcjmetroid

I don't know what people are saying, I find Hard/classic quite difficult. Im struggling to determine what units are strong against what though at least at a glance. I'm not sure I'm enjoying the no weapon triangle aspect.

Murr

It is difficult, but manageable i would say.
For me Ingrid on a Pegasus was very helpful later on. She can snipe enemy mages very effectively.
Also Horse Archers vs those annyoing Flyers are very good.
I think Flyers are probably the most dangerous foes in a classic playthrough, since it can be very difficult to protect your mages sometimes.
It is also helpful to carry weapons against different enemy types. Like an Axe and a Hammer on a Knight.

Ulysses 31

I don't know what people are saying, I find Hard/classic quite difficult. Im struggling to determine what units are strong against what though at least at a glance. I'm not sure I'm enjoying the no weapon triangle aspect.
If the character has a check mark that means it has the disadvantage.

Top Bottom