• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses Preview Thread

I can't get over the character designs, I thought they might grow on me but they are so ugly. It looks like a fan made them in a shitty character customizer.

I reeeeeally think they look awful and I reeeeally like fire emblem.

I look at these previews as a chance to acclimatize myself to the visuals so I can enjoy the game without being shocked by how it looks when it comes out.

Character portraits look great, as do a few other things like menu interface. It's the in-game models that look trash.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Huh???

In that case...the gaming media really will complain that the lesbian loli dragon isn't trans enough. I retract my earlier joke and resubmit it as a regular statement
Post leaks here.
No no. There are people talking about said Leak, the same people that said a bunch of the girls are bi but there are only like 3 gay dudes. Then this news article. But I can't find anything on it. I find it weird this is even a thing considering how past FE's were handled or even why.

MagnesG

Banned
No no. There are people talking about said Leak, the same people that said a bunch of the girls are bi but there are only like 3 gay dudes. Then this news article. But I can't find anything on it. I find it weird this is even a thing considering how past FE's were handled or even why.
From what I know, it was said that those leaks came from having support "S" (normally special ones, past games make those characters married each other for opposites genders, not the usual "A", those are more like 'great friendship'), which can be checked and confirmed as soon as the time skip starts. Those supports can only normally be gotten from recruit characters, except only one character from the past series, I think.

Is the loli dragon a recruitable character? That I don't know.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
From what I know, it was said that those leaks came from having support "S" (normally special ones, past games make those characters married each other for opposites genders, not the usual "A", those are more like 'great friendship'), which can be checked and confirmed as soon as the time skip starts. Those supports can only normally be gotten from recruit characters, except only one character from the past series, I think.

Is the loli dragon a recruitable character? That I don't know.
Yeah I thought she lived inside you? This game is fucking confusing so far. I guess after a day I'll know all these things but still. 6 days.

MagnesG

Banned
Yeah I thought she lived inside you? This game is fucking confusing so far. I guess after a day I'll know all these things but still. 6 days.
Yeah, though there's also the milf priest who shared some resemblance with her.

I'm excited, was playing DQ Builders 2 then just I stop at some point. I remembered the game's gonna come out, so I pretty mch skipped all the puzzle grinds lol to finish fast. I wanna start with a clean backlog.

Chastten

Banned
Wasn't expecting this until Friday, but hey, no complaining! Perfect game to play outside tonight in the current +30 degrees heat!
ZykMCgn.jpg

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don't this true for anybody else but for some reason it's so hard for me to get my hands on collectors edition for Nintendo games. As soon as its avalible for pre-ordere it's already sold out or just like Astral Chain the CE it's not coming out in my area.

Ulysses 31

I don't this true for anybody else but for some reason it's so hard for me to get my hands on collectors edition for Nintendo games. As soon as its avalible for pre-ordere it's already sold out or just like Astral Chain the CE it's not coming out in my area.
They don't sell out that fast around here, can still find pre-orders for Link's Awakening, Three Houses and Cyberpunk 2077. :lollipop_confounded:

Danjin44

They don't sell out that fast around here, can still find pre-orders for Link's Awakening, Three Houses and Cyberpunk 2077. :lollipop_confounded:
I live in Canada and both Link's Awakening and Three Houses CE is already sold out and we are not getting CE version both Astral Chain and Daemon X Machina here.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda already saw how everyone looks after the timeskip. I really wish I could unsee it. Man they ruined some characters.

Danjin44

I kinda already saw how everyone looks after the timeskip. I really wish I could unsee it. Man they ruined some characters.
You should have done what I did. I didn’t watch any of the new trailer or footage other than the first gameplay trailer from Direct.

RPGCrazied

Copy shipped. Will get Friday. I think I decided on Golden Deer and recruit a few from other houses. Did they say how many you could recruit from other houses?

Chastten

Banned

Around here in the Netherlands it's not that hard as long as you keep en eye out. Big stores like bol.com and nedgame usually put up pre-orders for Nintendo games like 4-5 times giving you several oppurtunities and so far I've managed to get all the Nintendo CE's for 3DS, Wii U and Switch I've wanted. Also have pre-orders for Astral Chain and Link's Awakening, although I'm not sure if I'll be keeping the latter as I'm not a huge fan of the artstyle.

Come to think of it, there was one CE I had to pre-order in the UK since I didnt manage to do it in the Netherlands, and that was Fire Emblem Fates. That one was rare as hell around here.

My CE shipped today, I am excited to finally turn my Switch on again. And I am about to go on vacation so that is pretty convenient as well.

I really haven't been following this game much, so I'll pretty much be going into it blind unless a I binge on info tonight. Haven't decided yet...

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
Copy shipped. Will get Friday. I think I decided on Golden Deer and recruit a few from other houses. Did they say how many you could recruit from other houses?
There’s no limit, only leaders and their loyal retainers can’t be recruited.

Sakura

Got the download version so I could play asap. Only a little over 10 hours until midnight here. Work until 11pm so should work out good.

Danjin44

Fire Emblem Tree Houses July 26
Oninaki August 22
Astral Chain August 30
Daemon X Machina September 13
The Legend of Zelda Links Awakening September 20
Dragon Quest XI S Definitive Edition September 27
Luigi's Mansion 3 October 31

My wallet is going to scream but at least people no longer can complain about Switch is lacking games.

Andyliini

Fire Emblem Tree Houses July 26
Oninaki August 22
Astral Chain August 30
Daemon X Machina September 13
The Legend of Zelda Links Awakening September 20
Dragon Quest XI S Definitive Edition September 27
Luigi's Mansion 3 October 31

My wallet is going to scream but at least people no longer can complain about Switch is lacking games.
They'll still say it though.
I'm getting all of these games, and also Collection of Mana, since the physical version releases in late August.

Danjin44

They'll still say it though.
I'm getting all of these games, and also Collection of Mana, since the physical version releases in late August.
Then issue is themselves rather than Switch, no matter how many Switch games gets released they never going to be satisfied because they never liked Switch in the first place.

Then issue is themselves rather than Switch, no matter how many Switch games gets released they never going to be satisfied because they never liked Switch in the first place.

Or maybe other people just aren't interested in all those games?

I have CoM preordered because I've wanted to own Som3 for the longest. I like PG so I might buy AC if the reviews are good... but after that, Bayonetta 3 and SMT56 (both of which still doesn't have a release date) are pretty much the only other games I have interest in. I did preorder the CE of LA too, but even still, that's just a remake of a Game Boy game that I already own.

Anyway my GameStop CE shipped today, we'll see if both copies manage to get here in good condition.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Or maybe other people just aren't interested in all those games?

I have CoM preordered because I've wanted to own Som3 for the longest. I like PG so I might buy AC if the reviews are good... but after that, Bayonetta 3 and SMT56 (both of which still doesn't have a release date) are pretty much the only other games I have interest in. I did preorder the CE of LA too, but even still, that's just a remake of a Game Boy game that I already own.

Anyway my GameStop CE shipped today, we'll see if both copies manage to get here in good condition.
But thats just my point, If you are not interested in any of the Switch games then that has more to do with your taste and less to do Switch "lacking games".

Japanese FE collector’s edition shipped from PlayAsia last night for Friday delivery, Gamestop US collector’s edition shipped today for delivery tomorrow. Waiting on PlayAsia to ship my EU collector’s edition and FE themed switch case and game card case but likely won’t see that until Monday. Amazon is preparing to ship my US collector’s edition and regular standard edition. This is gonna be a great weekend especially since I’m working an anime convention so three nonstop days of Fire Emblem

Top Bottom