• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors DLC packs announced

50fd6e3352.png

Pack 1: FE Fates (end of this year)
Pack 2: FE Shadow Dragon (Winter 2018, which is basically late Dec 2017 - mid March 2018)
Pack 3: FE Awakening (Spring 2018)

each pack is 1,400 yen

34efeb17be.png

Buy season pass for 3,000 yen and get Bride Lucina costume along with the 3 dlc packs
schedule & price might be a bit different for non-japan release

Aqua is hinted to be in Fates pack from the 'one of the siblings' hint from the TGS stream earlier

edit: Bride Lucina pic from website

edit 2: pricing and schedule for NA. too lazy to make a new thread, and oh amiibo functionality
Season Pass (Oct. 20, $19.99): The Fire Emblem Warriors Season Pass includes all three DLC packs, which become available as they release. Each DLC pack is filled with new playable characters and weapons. By purchasing the Season Pass for either the Nintendo Switch or New Nintendo 3DS version, players will receive a bridal costume for Lucina.
DLC Pack #1 (Dec 2017, $8.99): The content in this pack is inspired by Fire Emblem Fates.
DLC Pack #2 (Feb 2018, $8.99): Many of the characters and items in this DLC pack hail from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.
DLC Pack #3 (March 2018, $8.99): Fans of Fire Emblem Awakening will love this DLC, as much of the content is themed after the classic game.
The Fire Emblem Warriors game is compatible with the new Chrom and Tiki amiibo figures, which both launch on Oct. 20. These, along with other compatible Fire Emblem amiibo figures including Marth, Ike, Robin and Lucina, grant players weapons or materials when tapped. Up to five different compatible amiibo figures can be tapped per day.

Zalman

Was hoping they'd go outside of those three games for the DLC... But I guess they have to find a way to sell Tharja and Azura.

hngggg bride lucina..

also the game already is choked full of fates and awakening characters... so i really dont get the choice here. guess we will get tharja with the awakening pack huh?

i really hope theyll make a sacred stones and radiance pack. i need my elincia and shinon

Heh. I was right (so far) in not expecting Ike or other games to be DLC early on. Oh well.

Did they also do bonus DLC for Hyrule Warriors? I think Ganondorf had skins, could've been pre order bonuses, can't recall

Edit: I'll like a Ninja and Felicia if I'm being honest. Lon'qu for awakening too

Mediking

Orochi!!!

Kagero!!!!

Please join!!!!

And yeah. It'd be cool if we got like to relive Grima from Awakening or something via DLC.

Muzy72

Banned
Sticking with these 3 games for DLC too is super lame man. Lyn and Celica made me think we'd at least get Echoes and Blazing Blade DLC.

Oh well, looking forward to Azura and Tharja.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Bride Lucina? Welp
.. They sure know how to get people to buy the whole package xD
Sticking with these 3 games for DLC too is super lame man. Lyn and Celica made me think we’d at least get Echoes and Blazing Blade DLC.

lol... There is no way they will stop there.

Trust me FW fans will be milked for a while, they aren't announcing all their plans now because they want people to buy this seasons content first. Watch coming E3 they will have new DLC packs for the game with Hector, Husband Ike and co.

Guess I'm buying the season pass.

Azura and Tharja will probably be in their packs. Hope they add some ninja's and maybe Felicia? Also betting on Nowi.

There are so many characters to choose from.

Is there mention if this is for both consoles? Might be the deciding factor on which version I pick up.

i didn't catch that part earlier if they mention whether it'll available for both or not. too excited for *cough* costume *cough* and even almost missed the hint for new chara in dlc lol

NeOak

Fuck this obvious cash grab.

Will be buying season pass.

They fucking had me with bride Lucina.

I'm...surprised they're not branching out to other games via DLC, to say the least. Makes the inclusion of Lyn and Celica even stranger assuming the Lycian League and Resistance / whatever Celica's group calls itself aren't hidden away somewhere.

But as for what we are getting, I'm happy~ Just hoping for my girl Effie and her sidekick Arthur from Fates, as well as 7th Platoon or the assassins (though they're New Mystery, not Shadow Dragon).

Hopefully there are additional DLC packs down the line that will add characters from other Fire Emblem games aside from Fates/Awakening/Shadow Dragon. I WANT IKE DAMMIT!

I think they'll find a way to include at least Ike and Roy despite what they're saying. They already included Lyn and Celica, so it's not unprecedented.

The favorite girl and the promotional/loosely related to Archanea girl doesn't leave much for me

Sandfox

Bride Lucina? Welp
.. They sure know how to get people to buy the whole package xD

lol... There is no way they will stop there.

Trust me FW fans will be milked for a while, they aren't announcing all their plans now because they want people to buy this seasons content first. Watch coming E3 they will have new DLC packs for the game with Hector, Husband Ike and co.

Or a sequel.

Blues1990

Sticking with these 3 games for DLC too is super lame man. Lyn and Celica made me think we’d at least get Echoes and Blazing Blade DLC.

I would've love to see what they could've done with Sage Tobin and Dread Fighter Gray. If they're feeling generous, they could have Palla, Catria and Est as a 3-for-1 hero, which would be an interesting gameplay mechanic to juggle.

Oddish1

Kind of an expected move to me. I thought Fates and Awakening were going to have notable gaps in their rosters even before Lyn and Celica were confirmed.

well she is a dancer so... i mean i dont know if anybody has used her as a lancer but she is useless imho. i succeeded in making olivia semi decent but azura is just garbage outside dancing
Nah. These games are not about a character being useful in their respected games. Just picking the popular ones from the fates/SD/Awakening.

Azura is a popular character but I guess they wanted to save her for DLC. Makes sense honestly. Don't know what other Fates character is more popular (not counting children).

Thatanas

I guess it's still possible to have characters appear from other games in the DLC, but I sooooo wanted a focus on the different games.

Ah well, gimme Tharja and Azura and I'll buy it anyway.

MicH

Doubling down on these three, huh

This game is a never ending disappointment to me. The only highlight was seeing Lyn get added.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Since people seem confused, I feel I should mention they said they want to make a Fire Emblem Warriors 2 that focuses on other games, so I don't think it's that weird that this one keeps going with the same games.

Eh guess there gonna wait for Legends to go outside those three. Don't care myself as I've only played Awakening and Fates but sorry to those who wanted other games repped.

My guesses for characters.

Awakening: Gaius and Tharja. We don't have a thief yet and these two are the most popular characters not in yet.

Fates: Considering how many characters Fates already has in thinking it will just be Azura. If for some reason someone else is included it will probably be Felicia or Jakob.

Shadow Dragon: Not to familiar with this game but if I had to guess either Jigen or that heavy armor knight that made it into Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

LOL at them putting Lucina in a wedding dress if you buy the season pass. When will the pandering end

Hah that's nothing. Expect the swimsuit outfits to be part of this pack. There coming.

Since people seem confused, I feel I should mention they said they want to make a Fire Emblem Warriors 2 that focuses on other games, so I don't think it's that weird that this one keeps going with the same games.

Didn't know this, so thanks. Guess I need to still wait and see if that ever happens then.

Dark_castle

This has to be a joke. I know they might add in more dlc packs that features other FE titles, but three dlc packs announced, all based on the titles of the base game. Am I missing something here?

Ah okay, that makes more sense now. Definitely skip the hell out of this one and maybe see if the sequel has a better roster.

Thatanas

So what your're saying is the sequel will also have a limited roster focusing on a small number of games instead of the franchise in total? I mean, it's still a meh decision for me.

J@hranimo

Banned
I know these are also chosen because they're the most popular, but could it also be because of wanting to do a sequel if it sells well enough? Maybe in the sequel they'll add more characters from other games...

Top Bottom