• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors Famitsu info: Characters, gameplay info [Up: Screenshots]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Character Announcements:
  • Shion and Lian are the main protagonists. They are twin siblings (a boy and a girl), and were created for this game. They're in the first image below.
  • Darios (original character)
  • Yuana (original character)
  • Marth (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon)
  • Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening)
  • The vast majority of characters will be from Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates.
  • There will be more playable characters than any first iteration of a Musou collaboration game, meaning there's at least 14 of them.
Other information:

Gematsu said:
  • The Fire Emblem series' mainstay weapon triangle and class systems exist in Fire Emblem Warriors. It is efficient to attack a Pegasus Knight with an Archer, for example.
  • Intelligent Systems is supervising on things such as character settings.
  • There will be a huge, fully voiced script.
  • The characters that appear are generally from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light and Fire Emblem Awakening, as well as Fire Emblem Fates. This won't be a gathering of the protagonists from across the series.
  • There are bond conversations with characters from across different titles.
  • There is no marriage, nor is there love as a result of becoming good friends.
  • Development is currently 70 percent complete.
  • The project was in planning before Famitsu's collaboration Musou title survey.
  • The first thing that was decided was ”to do a Musou game that Fire Emblem fans would enjoy."
  • The weapon triangle, high strategy elements, and classes that are mainstay in the Fire Emblem series are in.
  • The reason all the protagonists from the Fire Emblem games are not being included is because if they did that, everyone would be using a sword.
  • You can switch characters while playing, so you'll be able to control various weapons and classes of characters.
  • The number of playable characters is more than the first entry of any other Musou series collaboration.
  • Archers and magic users will be playable.
  • While Koei Tecmo can't share details on the world yet, there is a ”Shield of Fire" in this world that has tuned up from beyond space and time.
  • Units that ride a horse, such as the Cavalier, always fight on horse. They're designed to have high mobility.
  • ”Bond Conversations" are being prepared as support conversations. There is a huge amount of text, including serious conversations and goofy conversations.
Source: http://gematsu.com/2017/05/fire-emblem-warriors-adds-twin-original-protagonists-marth-chrom

fire-emblem-warriors_oojt1.jpg

fire-emblem-warriors_wgkw1.jpg

Update:

fire-emblem-warriors_zxqdv.jpg

fire-emblem-warriors_omr3u.jpg

fire-emblem-warriors_1ap0i.jpg

fire-emblem-warriors_mhq9m.jpg

Mediking

Just make sure Kagero, Camilla, and Anna (that red-haired merchant lady) is in....

OH... AND...

OROCHI!!!!!!!!

I know Hyrule Warriors did it before, but do we really need 4 of KT's OCs in this game?
Well, in any case I'm interested in seeing it more at e3

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
The characters that appear are generally from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light and Fire Emblem Awakening, as well as Fire Emblem Fates. This won’t be a gathering of the protagonists from across the series.

That's a darn shame. I want the Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn characters :( Nepheneeeee

Deepwater

what would have been cool would to have Alfonse and Shareena be the protagonists in this game, have Heroes and the Warriors be loosely interconnected.

So other series might have characters, not just Fates, Awakening and Marth's games.
It said Generally, so I'm guessing other characters will be DLC or free updates.

Kinda like Hyrule Warriors did. I can live with that , other info sounds pretty good

Mediking

I know Hyrule Warriors did it before, but do we really need 4 of KT's OCs in this game?

??? Lol are you serious? There's nothing wrong with KT doing OCs. Lol it's fine. They wanna play with the magic too.

And the OCs in HW were cool. Who doesn't love Cia and Lana (wasn't that her name...?)

Zedark

Fully voiced?

Might be making a stupid assumption, but maybe Fire Emblem Switch will be fully voiced. That would be great.

They mentioned that they could add new things like (full) voice acting to the new Switch FE game, so it's plausible that the next FE game on Switch will be fully voiced as well.

rhandino

Banned
Oh my god, every single thing about this game sounds excellent and they seem to have incorporated pretty well the elements from Fire Emblem into the Musou formula.

Another thing that I am really excited to see is the fully voiced script and since Echoes also had it I am going to assume that Fire Emblem Switch is also going to be fully voiced.

Bless IS

Poor the other characters that will not make the initial cut but I am more than sure they are going to be added with DLC, Expansion or a brand new sequel.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The primary domestic audience for Japanese games is still teenage boys, so they frequently model the female outfits after school uniforms.

I'm aware lol, it was entirely rhetorical xD

Still annoying as hell, and they didn't do that to the female MC in Dragon Quest Heroes at least... I guess FE has a bigger waifu culture than DQ

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Fully voiced?

Might be making a stupid assumption, but maybe Fire Emblem Switch will be fully voiced. That would be great.

Even Echoes was so it probably will. More excited to see that now that this is focused on the 3DS games and Shadow Dragon. Hope we see it before the end of the year. I doubt that'll be at E3 but I think there will be another FE Direct before this launches (or at least a Direct with this so hopefully they'll tease the Switch FE).

rhandino

Banned
If it's 70% complete as it says in the OP, I'd say it's very likely that we'll get gameplay footage from the treehouse at E3.
Cant wait for the Treehouse demonstration.

I remember how a lot of people were really down on Hyrule Warriors but during E3 Treehouse demo they started to come around the game and I still remember how the thread went crazy when Link summoned the Moon from Majora's Mask to defeat that dragon.

I'm bracing myself for some janky horse movesets
idk... Link + Epona controled really well in Hyrule Warriors

Anteo

The Fire Emblem series’ mainstay weapon triangle and class systems exist in Fire Emblem Warriors. It is efficient to attack an Archer with a Pegasus Knight, for example.

Hmmmmmm

emb

Focusing mostly on the first game and the newest ones is kinda disappointing to hear. I'm sure they'll make it work out well though.

I'm still holding out hope for a couple FE7 characters. <.<

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm aware lol, it was entirely rhetorical xD

Still annoying as hell, and they didn't do that to the female MC in Dragon Quest Heroes at least... I guess FE has a bigger waifu culture than DQ

Yes, Dragon Quest targets "everyone", unlike most titles in the Japanese market.

A lot of the market is doubling down on the core teenage audience though since the market is in such large decline that it is back to the 1980s in terms of annual sales revenue.

Top Bottom