• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors |OT| Now Everyone Can Ougi!

I feel like I have to post here to. When Omega Force makes a clone playable, they get a brand new moveset. Its kinda ridiculous the overreaction people are having,

I think people are also still pretty upset that the game is focused on the games that made the most money. I say that as someone who does not particularly care for Fates and Awakening but does not have the seething hate like many have.

Kouriozan

And Camilla is my first death, cost so much to revive her >.<
Just reached chapter XII, missed 2 master seal and going to focus on History mode for a bit.

Shun

I'm wish they had characters from Seisen and Thracia, but I'm not upset because Fire Emblem Musou has a lot of fan service from their own games that they chose to represent, as well as fan service dialogue of the entire cast interacting with each other.

They did a lot to focus on the character fan service and interactions. I really like it, that they put their effort into those things.

It is reductive to say that they didn't focus on enough fan service just because they chose the newer games as the main 3 for the in game story. Those aren't my favorite games and I wish they had Jugdral, but I like the product they put out and they didn't half ass it at all.

Personally, Marth and Sheeda are both my favorite characters in this particular game because they are very good soloing bosses and for defeating a lot of enemies and controlling crowds all at once.

Being able to change the system voice is one of my favorite features because the first thing I did was grind out Sheeda's support so I could have Saori Hayami narrate every single aspect of the game while I play.

CronoShot

B7_C79_CA8_3_E25_45_AC_90_AB_D2175_EAC6_EB7.jpg

Yay, Amazon delivered a day early. Too bad I have homework to do :(

it's 1 am here... we've got the game and the season pass in the eshop... but nothing for the japanese voice pack yet... what's the deal?

What's with Fire Emblem's weird Nobless oblige thing?

Like so many main characters from so many different games are royalty, who tend to also be more powerful and special due to their royal birth. Like it's just so weird seeing a franchise that so unironically romanticises nobility

Like so many main characters from so many different games are royalty, who tend to also be more powerful and special due to their royal birth. Like it's just so weird seeing a franchise that so unironically romanticises nobility
One of the reasons Ike rules. He's isn't a noble, just a good kid at the start. Then he gains a lord title, but leaves it behind cause he hates nobility.

Kinsei

Banned

Because the devs really like the story of a prince/princess saving their kingdom from destruction. It does get tiresome.

Radiant series is kind of the antithesis to that.

Flintty

Is this game in short supply in UK? I ordered from Amazon 30th Aug and it hasn’t despatched yet. It’s saying out of stock too. Strange.

NeonZ

Even though the stories are mostly independent, Fire Emblem often reused similar character types and plot devices, so the premise of the first and third games ends up weighting a lot on what the series did later.

Even though the stories are mostly independent, Fire Emblem often reused similar character types and plot devices, so the premise of the first and third games ends up weighting a lot on what the series did later.
Yup, Fire Emblem relies on archetypes and series tradition more than most other long running RPG series.

Cleve

Oh man, Best Buy just emailed me to say my package would arrive late, what a bummer :( Anyone else having an issue with their FE order?

Oddish1

There's a very noticeable dissonance in Echoes due to this. The characters all say that things like birth and nobility don't determine ones abilities, but the actual plot says otherwise.

Oh man, Best Buy just emailed me to say my package would arrive late, what a bummer :( Anyone else having an issue with their FE order?

I don’t know what is up with Best Buy lately, but my copy isn’t arriving until Monday. That makes 3 out of the last 3 games I preordered from Best Buy that have showed up late, despite each saying they would be delivered on the release date. I’m so pissed.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Best Buy didn't notify me, but the tracking info says my copy won't arrive until next week.

Best Buy didn't notify me, but the tracking info says my copy won't arrive until next week.

Such BS too. They shipped mine today, via regular FedEx. Not next-day air. Well no shit it’s not going to make it to my house by tomorrow. It’s false advertising really, to say you will get something on release day, except you don’t. And this is all on Best Buy because if they were going to ship it today, they needed to do it next day air to get here tomorrow. And no compensation or anything. Just an “oh well.” And I love how the email says “The carrier has indicated that your recently shipped items may not arrive until 10/23/2017” like it’s the carrier’s fault. No you incompetent fools it is your fault.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Such BS too. They shipped mine today, via regular FedEx. Not next-day air. Well no shit it’s not going to make it to my house by tomorrow. It’s false advertising really, to say you will get something on release day, except you don’t. And this is all on Best Buy because if they were going to ship it today, they needed to do it next day air to get here tomorrow. And no compensation or anything. Just an “oh well.” And I love how the email says “The carrier has indicated that your recently shipped items may not arrive until 10/23/2017” like it’s the carrier’s fault. No you incompetent fools it is your fault.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I saw where it's being shipped from and the shipping method and thought, "Well...of course it won't arrive here on-time." This is one of my first times preordering with Best Buy, so I was thinking of looking into their policy regarding preorders and release-day arrivals to learn more.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
It's almost time for the US. The power of Tak Fujii compels me. I must fight ONE MILLION troops.

it's a bit funny when previously got ppl are worried about their amazon order, thinking it'll delayed whereas it ends up arriving early (from what i've seen) and bestbuy ones out of nowhere ends up delayed

OmegaFax

Word of warning: If you're going to get the download version, there's no way to redownload the main game and the Japanese VO pack separately ... the main game and any DLC combine into a single download on the previous download list.

TZchassis

My switch is getting 30mb connection when my phone gets 100mb. I don’t want to wait an hour for it to download. Any tips? I’m not in the same room as the router so I assume it could be that, or is it slow for everybody?

Word of warning: If you're going to get the download version, there's no way to redownload the main game and the Japanese VO pack separately ... the main game and any DLC combine into a single download on the previous download list.
That is kind of weird but I do not plan on deleting it so redownloading should not be a problem.

OmegaFax

If I knew there was no way to delete the Japanese VO pack, I wouldn't have downloaded it in the first place. Ooof. Game effectively becomes 2.5gb larger.

it's annoying this wasn't up for preload

nintendo needs to do better

odyssey will be the first preload game sadly this and the 4.0 update launched way to close together for this to be the first game plus lets face it mario will be the bigger hit so smarter to start with that game.

knkng

odyssey will be the first preload game sadly this and the 4.0 update launched way to close together for this to be the first game plus lets face it mario will be the bigger hit so smarter to start with that game.
Is this confirmed? Do we know when Odyssey will be up?

Glad Amazon didn't fuck up like it did with Breath of the Wild.

Its been shipped to the main area here and will be out for delivery in the morning

I am pretty psyched to play this.

Is this confirmed? Do we know when Odyssey will be up?

Other than the confirmation in the pathc notes for 4.0 that eshop preloads are a thing now i dont think nintendo has come out and said for certain that odyssey is the first game to do it most are just speculating that because of the timing of the patch release unless im wrong and someone has a link to nintendo stating that the game will be the first but when it comes to when it would go up knowing nintendo and wanting to avoid another color splash scenerio probably the day before release is when we will be able to prepurchase and preload games.

knkng

Does it run at 60fps in handheld mode?

No, 720/30 handheld.

Question for you all:

Quality Mode (1080p30fps) or Performance Mode (720p60fps)?

Docked only
Go for 720/60. It's worth it for a Musou game.

Other than the confirmation in the pathc notes for 4.0 that eshop preloads are a thing now i dont think nintendo has come out and said for certain that odyssey is the first game to do it most are just speculating that because of the timing of the patch release unless im wrong and someone has a link to nintendo stating that the game will be the first but when it comes to when it would go up knowing nintendo and wanting to avoid another color splash scenerio probably the day before release is when we will be able to prepurchase and preload games.
Ok, that might make sense. I seem to recall pre-loading 1 to 2 weeks ahead of time on both WiiU and 3DS, so I just assumed Odyssey would be up by now, but you might be right.

thats why i love path of radiance, radiant dawn... or donnel..
anyways nobless oblige doesnt mean that high born are more powerful right? it means that nobles have more duties...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
taking my lan adapter out from my WiiU and plugging it in my switch sped up the download exponentially

Top Bottom