• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors |OT| Now Everyone Can Ougi!

Shun

vrOFICS.png

aSiZq7D.png

Platform:
Nintendo Switch/New Nintendo 3DS
Release Date:
September 28 (JP) / October 20 (NA/EU/AU)
Price:
Nintendo Switch (7800円/USD$59.99/CAD$79.99/AUD$89.95/EUR€59.99/GBP£49.99)
New Nintendo 3DS (6,800円/USD$39.99/CAD$49.99/AUD$59.95/EUR€39.99/GBP£39.99)
Genre:
Action
Developer:
Omega Force/Team Ninja
Publisher:
Koei Tecmo Games
Size:
~13GB/~2GB

amiibo compatibility:
All Fire Emblem Series amiibo are compatible with the game.
You are allowed 5 scans a day, with each scan unlocking a weapon for you to use.

5yh8qV.png

A gate to a new world opens and a dark, looming shadow casts over the Kingdom of Aitris. The queen dies, and her two blonde siblings, Shion and Lien, meet strangers from a new world to go protect and reclaim their home from darkness. They have a Fire Emblem, and meet people with their own Fire Emblem, and their 5 different Falchions, and all these people are somehow related to each other but they transcend time to go help these blonde children and...

You know what it is a fanservice game.

PVyOkuT.png

Typical Musou series gameplay. You traverse a map and go take on objectives, whether it is defeat an enemy, save an ally, defeat x amount of enemies, etc.

Except, this game has a Fire Emblem twist to it.

Just like in the Fire Emblem franchise, you are able to employ your tactics to go help those blonde children. You can send your allies to go to a certain point and objective on the map, and even switch between characters in real time!

Maps will have gimmicks that may require the special help from your mounted allies, like Sheeda. The in game battle manu will allow you to customize your unit weapons and placements, as if you are really dictating the tides of battle.
ss07.jpg

Other than that you pretty much stun and beat up enemies on the battlefield through a series of mashing X and Y buttons. Occasionally you will do extra damage for a critical hit!

Just keep mashing permutations of X and Y until you fill up your Awakening Gauge to power up and unleash your Ougi on everyone.
ss17.jpg

If you're intimate with your ally you can go up to them and double up. They may even team up with you for dual attacks, or take a lethal hit with dual guard.

If you're REALLY intimate, you can go unleash a dual ougi.
ss16.jpg

Do your best to be intimate with your own allies as there are special bonuses and events to share if you work your hardest! But if you allow them to be defeated, your ally won't be able to participate in the next battle. So be sure to take care of your friends.
ss26.jpg

So keep training and getting stronger, eventually you will get stronger and upgrade your class through master proofs.
ss22.jpg

You will also be able to go relive past Fire Emblem moments in History Mode. Take on missions in familiar maps in the series with full voice acting.
ss24.jpg

h8uQXz.png

qYdT2g.png

There will be add on content consisting of 3 separate DLC packs, all representing different games in the series with maps and characters in each.

Fire Emblem If - 1,400円
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light - 1,400円
Fire Emblem Awakening - 1,400円

For those who buy the entire season pass, it will cost 3,000円/$19.99/€19.99.
It will include all 3 DLC packs at a reduced price, as well as a special Lucina Bride Costume
img_pack.png

Maybe we will get more DLC in the future!

L8aFMUg.png

Where the hell is... Too many... Anna su...

If you want to act like a spoiled child you can go do that somewhere else.

It is a musou game I mean it is pretty straightforward.
Spoiler the story content as needed until the wider release next month.
We finally have a musou game with Fire Emblem characters. Let's keep the discussion to the gameplay.

Are all saves compatible with one another on the Switch? As in, if I get the Japanese version now and pick up the English version next month, would I be able to continue from where I stopped in the Japanese version?
No, like Splatoon 2, the game will have a different SKU for the eShop. But the JP copy version does have Chinese, so if you can read Chinese you can play it 1 month in advance.

Opening Cutscene

vareon

Damn, and I have to wait until October 20th. Patience!

Too bad there's no English option in the Japanese version,

Imma mash through the text anyway, how hard would menus be fore English speaker

while the menu is in jp, you'll probably get used & remember which is which after a while. I guess the real problem probably the unlockable skills in which you might have no idea what's the effect

GSR

Arrrrrrrgh I'm so tempted to import this on the eShop. But I'm going to play with a friend when the English version comes out next month!

But it's right there...!

Speaking of multi, is it split-screen only or can you do local wireless with two Switches?

Thatanas

Did a quick google and couldn't find anything on multiplayer specifically, but is the multiplayer also possible in 60 FPS (in exchange for resolution) or is that being limited to 30 no matter what?

Razmos

Probably going to get this eventually. Not huge on fire emblem (though I did play Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Fire Emblem Heroes) but I fucking loved Hyrule Warriors

Sorian

Banned
Just tell me if this is good like the Zelda one or garbage like the dragon quest one (first one, never played the second one). Where I found Zelda to be a great homage to the franchise as a whole with tight varied gameplay between characters and tons of content, I found the dragon quest one to be a bunch of samey characters with a cringey story that I couldn't even muster through and weaker game mechanics overall.

Danneee

Too bad there's no English option in the Japanese version,

Aw, I’m not interested enough to buy it next month but would totally have bought it today if there was English language support in the jap version as I don’t really have anything to play right now.

1upsuper

I'm cautiously looking forward to this. Hope it's good!

Played the demo of Dragon Quest Warriors on Switch.
Is this pretty similar?

I wish Dragon Quest Heroes had been called Dragon Quest Warriors given the series' original localized name. Instead we got "Heroes", a spin-off title SE already used with Rocket Slime. <__<

(WARNING: spoilers about
charatcers appearing and roster)

I just saw in SerenesForest that apparently Navarre isn't the only hidden character that may or may not be playable.

It seems Owain (Awakening), Niles and Oboro all apear in the game and even have gameplay models - aside from Navarre who also has them. There's no info as to their playable status, but they have models and appear in both the Story and the History Mode.

deleted

Is there a way to get the AI to be more responsive in these games? Or are all just button mashing victims?

I always wanted more engaging enemies in a mousu and way less pop-in.

Are there any reviews in the wild yet?

GenG3000

What's the size of the digital Japanese version? It doesn't appear on the eShop. The Western version will be 13 gb.

ryushe

Are all saves compatible with one another on the Switch? As in, if I get the Japanese version now and pick up the English version next month, would I be able to continue from where I stopped in the Japanese version?

cheez124

Can't wait to play this. I guess I'm in luck that the roster mostly consists of Awakening and Fates characters, since I've only played those lol

-shadow-

Just a few weeks left, even though I doubt I'll enjoy this as much as Hyrule Warriors, I can;t wait regardless!

B00TE

Really, really hoping this is good. Doesn't look as meaty as Hyrule Warriors was (dat adventure mode tho) but History mode sounds cool. Will be lurking, checking out impressions.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Just a few weeks left, even though I doubt I'll enjoy this as much as Hyrule Warriors, I can;t wait regardless!
Never played Hyrule Warriors but it looked much more diverse and creative in terms of enemy types and sizes, combinations of weapons with magic, silly characters with oddball attacks etc.

This and Dragon Quest Heroes look a bit too conventional to compensate for the fact that they're basically button mashers.

Gonna have to wait until next week for my copy to arrive. Maybe I should've ordered digital instead of physical. >.>

Y'all have fun in the meantime~

As a Musou fan I hope this does well. I'd like to see them do a port of Hyrule Warriors with all the DLC and Nintendo to continue to work with Koei Tecmo. The more KT games on the Switch the better lol.

As a Musou fan I hope this does well. I'd like to see them do a port of Hyrule Warriors with all the DLC and Nintendo to continue to work with Koei Tecmo. The more KT games on the Switch the better lol.

Yeah I'm also hoping Hyrule Warriors complete makes it over. It shouldn't be that hard to port that game.

Draxal

So I heard
Owain and Oboro make appearances.

DLC plz

More then them

List of characters that weren't officially revealed here.

Awakening: Owain; Validar(Boss)
Fates: Niles/Oboro; Iago (Boss)
Shadow Dragon Navarre; Gharnef (Boss)

Played for two hours. I was surprised by the elements of Fire Emblem they can put into this game. Weapon triangle, permanent death, level, field management, weapons' special effects, classes, bonding system... I need to play more before giving out final judgement, but this is definitely a fun game. Don't sleep on it.

Edit: BTW, the 60 fps mode is great.

Top Bottom