• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Firebrand activist Linda Sarsour claims Israel ‘built on’ idea of Jewish supremacy

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

One of the founding members of the Women's March movement and pro-Palestinian activist Linda Sarsour suggested that Israel's society is constructed on the idea of Jewish ethnic superiority, the Washington Examiner reported over the weekend.

"How can you be against white supremacy in the United States of America and the idea of living in a supremacist state based on race and class but then you support a state like Israel that is built on supremacy," Sarsour said in a speech delivered at the 12th Annual Conference for Palestine in Chicago.

In his speech, Sarsour also questioned how Americans who call themselves progressive Zionists explain "how can they be against the caging of children at the U.S.-Mexican border, but then you support the detainment and the detention of Palestinian children in Palestine. How does that work, sisters and brothers?"

In response to criticism following the speech, Sarsour posted to social a clarification of her statements, apologizing for any "confusion" and that her comments were not aimed at the Jewish community.

"Over the weekend, I made comments about Israel that require context to understand. I was specifically referring to the racist argument at the heart of the nation-state law recently passed by the Israeli government – not the Jewish people. I apologize for the confusion."
And this is who Bernie wants endorsing him LOL.

Oh not to mention American Muslim for Palestine compared Zionism to a disease in Chicago as well, which I think is where Sasour was speaking if I am not mistaken.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Until the Democrat split is complete, we will see an increase of passionate speeches about a modern ecological/social manifest destiny and being on the right side of history. The cult is running out of fuel so the craziest elements are coming out, attempting to re-stoke the fires. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Left run a candidate in the next decade with pro-Palestine objectives as a main plank.

Reactions: cryptoadam

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Bernie kneeled before intersectionalism too many times, starting when he gave up his mic to BLM. He allowed them into his campaign management, where they exert their power and Bernie is powerless to stop them without them destroying him. And so people like Sarsour are chosen to be his campaign surrogate, and his many quotes about the need for border security are erased.

The only unknown is whether he, himself, has fully bought into his new role as mouthpiece, or if he's secretly angry at his own campaign being coopted by intersectionality.

Either way, absolutely unfit to be president. Trump had to let a few snakes in to garner enough party support too, but he then went on a firing spree once he obtained office. But that's entirely within Trump's personality. Bernie has shown his first instinct is to step aside.

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
Damn, Jewish folk had to do everything to survive the Holocaust and just want a tiny country for themselves to be able to prosper.
Come on, at least don't be so off on historic facts. Zionism started decades before Holocaust, with which Palestinians, wait for it, had nothing to do.

Reactions: crowbrow

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Has she rubbed Biden's legs while sitting in his lap? I hear Joe loves that kind of thing and knows about Cockroaches.
Somewhere's along the genealogy line, that last name was formed in a society to shame a certain "family" and their "kin".

Fast forward many centuries, and the date doesn't fall far from the tree as to probably why.

DNA memory mapping and all that animus.

Reactions: desertdroog

Ballthyrm

Jun 21, 2013
Montpellier
Until the Democrat split is complete, we will see an increase of passionate speeches about a modern ecological/social manifest destiny and being on the right side of history. The cult is running out of fuel so the craziest elements are coming out, attempting to re-stoke the fires. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Left run a candidate in the next decade with pro-Palestine objectives as a main plank.
I find very hard to understand why the US has only 2 party when both clearly have a very vocal subgroup with their own agenda.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I find very hard to understand why the US has only 2 party when both clearly have a very vocal subgroup with their own agenda.
We have more than 2 parties. However, our adversarial system + the natural blobbing of interest groups leads to two main power-players who have to compromise and cooperate internally. Same loaf of bread cut differently, in my opinion.

JordanN

GIF and Meme Champion
Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Speaking as a Canadian, having multiple parties isn't what it's cracked up to be. In fact, it just ends up splitting the vote and leads to some shitty outcomes.

Case and point, the entire 90s was dominated by a Liberal Prime Minister because the Conservative Party was split in half for a whole decade. It wasn't until 2006 a Conservative actually won after the split parties reunited.

Ironically, the Liberals also went through a period where having multiple left-wing parties also cost them them several elections until they won again in 2015.

Last edited:

Ryujin

Dec 28, 2006
I can't say I approve of her anti-semitic policy... but I do approve of her pro Firebrand policy!

O-N-E

Jul 11, 2018
Come on, at least don't be so off on historic facts. Zionism started decades before Holocaust, with which Palestinians, wait for it, had nothing to do.

Wow. I saw multiple people in another thread teach you how Jews already had plenty of reasons to wish and strive for self-governance in their own land. They gave you facts and everything after you talked about how pogroms weren't a big deal.

Our hope is not yet lost,
The hope two thousand years old,
To be a free nation in our land,
The land of Zion and Jerusalem.

Last edited:

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
...teach you how..
I believe one needs to know more about the subject, to teach about the subject, but I might be too old to know new ways.
I admire your assumption that Jews were there only people routinely oppressed just for their ethnicity, but that besides the point.

And to the point: don't want to be reminded Zionism was founded way before Holocaust or that Palestinians had nothing to do with Holocaust, STOP CLAIMING IT WAS.

Last edited:

O-N-E

Jul 11, 2018
I believe one needs to know more about the subject, to teach about the subject, but I might be too old to know new ways.
I admire your assumption that Jews were there only people routinely oppressed just for their ethnicity, but that besides the point.

And to the point: don't want to be reminded Zionism was founded way before Holocaust or that Palestinians had nothing to do with Holocaust, STOP CLAIMING IT WAS.
Did I claim it was? In fact I was agreeing that it wasn't and that its existence was warranted long, long before the Holocaust.

How do you not get this? I'm not the first or second to explain this to you.

I also never claimed Jews are the only oppressed peoples in the world. That would be ridiculous. They just had the will and opportunity to do something about it finally (after thousands of years!). You put so much nonsense in my mouth. I guess that's how you end up learning nothing.

Last edited:

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
...explain this to you.
The next time you decide to "explain" something to me, make sure you really have something to explain to me.
Or expect something rather impolite to come from my end.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Aug 20, 2019
It’s really interesting to watch this ideology pretend to be the champion of all races, against imaginary Hitler/KKK-type threats... while simultaneously beginning to give a home to those who, well, actually do seem to share some opinions with Hitler.

Wonder if they’ll try to make Jewish people just another offshoot of whites, to be spit on, vilified, and lied about? While continuing the everyone-that-disagrees-with-us-is-Hitler paranoia?

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
They already made Jews offshoots of whites.

In America to the left Jews are WHYTE and Israel is a WHYTE country.

Even though Nazis would never call jews white. But the left needs to justify why jews cant be part of the oppression olymoics and intersectionality so the solution is to call us white.

The far right hates jews because we arent white and the far left hates jews because they are white.

Its the same shit where commies hated jews cuz we are capitalist and bankers while capatalist called jews all commies.

Reactions: Rock And Roll