• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firefox just broke

Whitecrow

Banned
Well, if this isnt the wierdest thing that never happenned to me...

Since I'm not sure what is at fault here, I thought I would just ask in this forum, even if this isnt IT Support, so bear with me for a bit.

I've just made a fresh Windows 10 install 3 days ago. Even if I had problems after the install, with some internet help I got everything running perfectly. Until just this morning, when firefox just broke for some reason.
And by broke I mean, Youtube not loading, and being unable to process any captcha because 'it cant connect'.
For youtube, the firefox console is throwing a CORS petition failed, which I cant seem to solve.

Chrome is working fine.

The only thing I could think of is the most recent windows 10 update, which is the only thing that changed today.

I tried cleaning everything on all browsers, uninstalling extensions, looking for registry issues... nothing : (

Mithos

I can access youtube and login no problem and watch, however I have this in the console info bars.

ZdH8pPE.png

My guess (why I get it) is like the "learn more" also says, my ad blockers etc.

Edit:
running Firefox 88.0.1 (64bit)

Last edited:

Joyful

Sometimes personally I need to open up the correct profile folder and delete the files with *.sqlite extension to fix it up.

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

If you have Firefox sync on it'll redownload corrupt profiles so this is for when the issue persists even reinstall. This will log u out of everything fyi so it's kind of annoying

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
Firefox is working fine for me. Did you uninstall/reinstall?
Yep. Didnt work.
I can access youtube and login no problem and watch, however I have this in the console info bars.

ZdH8pPE.png

My guess (why I get it) is like the "learn more" also says, my ad blockers etc.

Edit:
running Firefox 88.0.1 (64bit)
So you get that error but the page is working fine? Good to know. So there's something more here...
Sometimes personally I need to open up the correct profile folder and delete the files with *.sqlite extension to fix it up.

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

If you have Firefox sync on it'll redownload corrupt profiles so this is for when the issue persists even reinstall. This will log u out of everything fyi so it's kind of annoying
Wiped the folder completely. Still not working : D

What the ******* is this : D
It's not like i cant use Chrome but, I it kinde bother me when things dont work after a clean install. W10 is certainly the worst in this.

BigBooper

You use a custom Windows image or something? I imagine there's something screwed up with your windows install.

Whitecrow

Banned
You use a custom Windows image or something? I imagine there's something screwed up with your windows install.
It's the official W10 image : )
It didnt gave me any trouble with the previous install, but now it's giving me some for some reason : /
AFAIK is something tha happens to a lot of people, so...
Use Firefox Portable and back it up every week or so.
It's working now, but thanks for the suggestion, never thought about it : 3

Top Bottom