• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FireWall Zero Hour |OT| VR Group Sex With Optional Toys Required

firewall-zero-hour-listing-thumb-01-ps4-us-18may18

This game deserves an OT. I'm not gonna just give Gaf an information thread dump. It will (hopefully) serve as a appreciation thread. A spot to organize teams for any of Gaf who can play it.

tenor.gif

THIS... IS... FIREWALL!!!
Maybe that is a little dramatic lol.
FireWall Zero Hour is a PS VR tactical FPS. It's really good. It's not perfect. It has it's issues and we are told by the Developers they are working on fixes. They promise support. Feel free to share your experiences both positive and negative in here.

I really enjoy this game. It's an experience that makes me question whether I can go back to other shooters. The abilities and options this game and VR gives me is simply better than what other shooters offer imo. The ability to...
- Blindfire from cover
- Check around a corner or above cover without exposing too much of yourself
- Resting your gun on surfaces such as railings for stability when aim/firing
- Aiming down sights not using a single button
All while doing the actions like you would in real life.
That's just the tip of the iceberg. This game gives me a raging Joystick!

There's a Tutorial. PVE with your team fighting A.I.. PVP is 4v4. You are either Attacking to recover information on a laptop. Or Defending the laptop from the Attackers. Very simple to understand.

Guns are AR's, SMG's, Shotguns, and Handguns. Various grenades and tactical items. Gun attachments and weapon skins. Character customization. All of with are unlocked with in game currency. There is an option to buy something from the PS Store. But there isn't anything in the PS Store yet. I can't tell you what the MTX will be. I was told it isn't P2W tho.

My story
So I heard about this game. I didn't own PS VR. The only time I ever tried VR was the PS VR demo at a Best Buy before Sony released the Headset. I continued to hear about this game. I was worried about spending $380 minimum to play a single game. But I bite the bullet, and I don't regret it at all.

I've had 5 big "WOW" moments with video games in my life. I'm 33 btw.
1. First was playing the NES when I was a child. Super Mario and Duck Hunt.
2. Playing GoldenEye 007 and Super Mario 64
3. Playing Metal Gear Solid on the PS One.
4. Playing COD4 and the Create-A-Class and choice the game provided you.
5. FireWall

dims

Are you required to use the PS Aim Controller? No! Do you want to? Fuck yes!

It really makes the experience incredible. You can save $20 by purchasing the FireWall/Aim Controller bundle.

If you have an experience to share, please do. If you have an questions, I will do my best to answer them.

I'd like to setup a FireWall Gaf Session with anyone else that has this. Hopefully I am not the only gaffer that plays FireWall. Feel free to add your name to the Neogaf Playstation Community here https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-new-neogaf-ps-communities-community.1465466/page-2

Grinchy

Banned
Well the matchmaking is WAY better now. The AFK asshole farmer problem is still really bad though. I’ve been lucky enough to be the host each time I’ve gone in tonight but I’ve already killed two rooms bc of people on my team AFK farming after playing a few rounds.

Last edited:
Well the matchmaking is WAY better now. The AFK asshole farmer problem is still really bad though. I’ve been lucky enough to be the host each time I’ve gone in tonight but I’ve already killed two rooms bc of people on my team AFK farming after playing a few rounds.
You east coast time? We should get a Gaf squad tomorrow night

Grinchy

Banned
Yep, I'm east coast. I usually have 3-4 people together for a squad, but I'm always up for some squad play.

Grinchy

Banned
Played for like 2 and a half hours earlier. Didn't have as much luck today as we did last night. We never got our own lobby, so for the first time since launch, I got to experience the host leaving problem that everyone else complains about.

I don't think we played more than 2 rounds in any lobby the entire time. The host left no matter what if we won 2 games in a row. Some of the hosts even quit mid-match when they knew they were going to lose.

They really need to make it so you can choose to start your own fresh lobby if you want to. Squads who plan to stick around for 3 hours should be the ones in control of these rooms...

Played for like 2 and a half hours earlier. Didn't have as much luck today as we did last night. We never got our own lobby, so for the first time since launch, I got to experience the host leaving problem that everyone else complains about.

I don't think we played more than 2 rounds in any lobby the entire time. The host left no matter what if we won 2 games in a row. Some of the hosts even quit mid-match when they knew they were going to lose.

They really need to make it so you can choose to start your own fresh lobby if you want to. Squads who plan to stick around for 3 hours should be the ones in control of these rooms...
Makes sense. They just need to change host when a host leaves.

Oddly enough, I’ve only played solo and haven’t experienced the host leaving but a handful of times.

You try it?

I did but it wasn’t my thing. I liked the gameplay and graphics but it’s too barebones and being basically online only turned me off. I ordered an aim controller that’s arriving Wednesday but I am going with farpoint since it’s gonna give me that single player campaign goodness.

I did but it wasn’t my thing. I liked the gameplay and graphics but it’s too barebones and being basically online only turned me off. I ordered an aim controller that’s arriving Wednesday but I am going with farpoint since it’s gonna give me that single player campaign goodness.
Understood. Sorry to hear that.

Bullet Club

We are excited to announce our biggest update to the game yet -- Operation: Nightfall – coming May 21!

With Operation: Nightfall, we’re bringing a whole new face to Firewall Zero Hour as you know it. One of the most significant changes is introducing a whole new system of time-limited progression taking the form of Missions, Tasks, and cosmetic Rewards.

Teamwork is everything in this intense squad-based shooter – put on your PlayStation VR headset, gather an arsenal of equipment, and prepare for blistering combat. Choose from 12 experienced mercenaries and familiarize yourself with upgradeable weapons. Will you lock and load with the attacking squadron, tasked to obtain valuable data in a hostile environment? Or will you be on the frontlines of the defending team, making sure the data is kept out of enemy hands by any means necessary?

An internet connection is required for all modes of Firewall Zero Hour, including Single Player Training Mode. PS Plus is only required for Multiplayer Training and Multiplayer Contract modes.

Top Bottom